Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison (Read 16738 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Nanci Danison
Reply #15 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 6:34pm

Hello doodad:

It is wonderful that you are breaking free of fundamentalism. Fear and spirituality are a horrible mix. My guess is that Jesus wasn't a fundamentalist. If something doesn't feel good in our heart, it is worth questioning.

Regarding Nanci, I don't get the impression that she is a fake (of course it is up to each person to decide for his or her self). At the end of her NDE she was told by the beings that were with her to forget about trying to remember everything she learned because she won't be able to.  They told her to just remember the love. This being the case, perhaps there are some points she didn't remember correctly.

People who have NDEs aren't infallible. If a person was a fundamentalist when he had an NDE, he might not be open to truly seeing how things work. If a person has less fear and is more open minded, he is likely to find out more during an NDE than a fundamentalist.

Albert

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #16 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:43pm

doodad wrote on Mar 31st, 2015 at 4:26pm:
Hi all,
   I am new here so I hope you'll bear with me. I have read on this board for a few days and find it highly interesting. I am a "recovering" Christian fundamentalist, so a lot of these ideas are new to me, although I did read Bob Monroe's first book probably 20-25 years ago. I found it quite bizarre at the time. I have also been very intrigued by near death and out of body experiences, though I've never had either.
   One of the things that has led me away from Bible fundamentalism is the fact that much of what it is based on simply is not true. The world was not created in 6 days 6000 years ago. Never happened that way. Overwhelming evidence proves otherwise. For me to believe something, it needs to be supported by evidence, or at the very least not conflict with it.
   Which brings me to Nanci Danison. I hadn't heard of her before, but after seeing her name here I watched several of her videos. She held my interest until she began going on about how it was revealed to her in her NDE that there were 3 epochs of man. According to her, the first epoch died out at the time the dinosaurs went extinct. Immediately alarm bells started going off. There were no large mammals at the time of the dinosaurs, let alone humans. So what is going on? Is she making this stuff up? Was it some kind of brain chemical trip? I quit watching at that point, but my impression was that this wasn't even technically a NDE as she was just sitting in a chair waiting for her doctor. Guess i didn't stick around to see if she had coded when they came back.
   This has been my overall impression of the NDE/OBE phenomena thus far. There are some inspiring accounts, there are some consistencies among them, some you think just have to be true because there's just no other explanation, but then along comes one that makes you go, "Huh? Are they serious?"
   Any thoughts?

Hey, I had to google up some science facts related to your post that I did not know or forgot. Dinosaurs were all but wiped out 65 million years ago because of that huge asteroid that impacted our planet resulting in a catastrophic annihilation of nearly all of living animals and also fauna and flora on our globe.

There were no indigenous human like physical beings on our planet at that time be it 'cave men and women', or higher like 'hunter-gatherers' living in straw or wicker huts.   

Mother Earth healed itself over millions of years.      

Mammals existed with the dinosaurs, but they were no bigger than a small mouse. Due to size they were largely ignored by larger carnivorous reptiles who dominated the food chain, although herbivore dinosaurs outnumbered them.

These mammals survived and evolved into what we have here today.

Nancy Danison is a lawyer, so she is extremely calculating and researches everything in what she writes on her supposed NDE. Lawyers are actors and actresses in legal theater. I dismiss her claims.  George GMan 

IP Logged

2bets

ALK Member

SE USA
Reply #17 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:31am

Hi,

Did you ever read about the pre-historic man who was found preserved frozen near a mountaintop alongside what could only be considered a battery? The whole situation was not explainable within our current theories of Earth's past history. So maybe there were epochs that are mostly ground away, dust to dust, separated by huge times of the earth resting and regenerating and losing memory of what came before.

An open mind with few conclusions drawn beyond personal experience might help our over-all understanding.

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:57pm

I appreciate all your replies.

2bets,
   I suppose we all have thresholds of belief, so to speak, beyond which we are unwilling to be credulous. It has worked that way with me about creationism. I have asked myself what would have to change for that concept to be true. The answer is that either we know nothing, nor can we know anything, about the universe we live in, as whole fields of science would have to be thrown out; or else earth's entire history was co-opted by Satan or something else to deceive us. Neither view seems very rational to me. I will grant that what you suggest is possible but I confess I don't see it as very likely, given what we know about earth's history and the evolutionary process. But thats me.

I have read about the 10,000 year old iceman, "Otzi" but didn't know he was found with a battery. I'd be interested to read that if you could provide a link. Thanks!

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #19 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:23pm

doodad wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:57pm:
I appreciate all your replies.

2bets,
   I suppose we all have thresholds of belief, so to speak, beyond which we are unwilling to be credulous. It has worked that way with me about creationism. I have asked myself what would have to change for that concept to be true. The answer is that either we know nothing, nor can we know anything, about the universe we live in, as whole fields of science would have to be thrown out; or else earth's entire history was co-opted by Satan or something else to deceive us. Neither view seems very rational to me. I will grant that what you suggest is possible but I confess I don't see it as very likely, given what we know about earth's history and the evolutionary process. But thats me.

I have read about the 10,000 year old iceman, "Otzi" but didn't know he was found with a battery. I'd be interested to read that if you could provide a link. Thanks!

DooDad. This is indirectly a referral to 2Bets post. I would also like a link to the so called battery found with this ten thousand year old deceased iceman!?? No doubt this link will never happen, except for some crank who posted it on the internet without a miniscule hair of verifiable evidence.  Gman 

IP Logged

2bets

ALK Member

SE USA
Reply #20 - Apr 4th, 2015 at 6:20am

Hi,
My computer crashed when I approached a site about this 'out of place artifact' we were discussing. Safari and Apple sent automated messages that there was a security breach but the Apple phone number suggested for such situations wasn't answered in my four ten-minute waits. So what's new (-: My computer remained frozen to those messages until last night.

'Out of place in time' artifact (or 'oopat' as I recall from 2 days ago) is a designation used for more than the battery I once
saw written up. My computer crashed at the google-search result whose address began with 'apnews…..' -- but Don't go there using a googled link unless you have a spare computer!
To protect my computer for now I accept doodad's incredulity and Gman's lack of curiosity.

However, doodad, I don't agree with your all or nothing two choices because it closes the door on other possibilities. Hypothetically, what if this planet was seeded with life to create a habitat for early space travelers from another realm? That would explain images of ufos in early oil paintings. And would they be Satan's emissaries if they were routinely coming back to check on man's progress over the centuries?

I regret I don't know Nanci Danison's take on ufo's, to tie the discussion back to the thread's title.

IP Logged

Gman

Reply #21 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 1:20am

2bets wrote on Apr 4th, 2015 at 6:20am:
Hi,
My computer crashed when I approached a site about this 'out of place artifact' we were discussing. Safari and Apple sent automated messages that there was a security breach but the Apple phone number suggested for such situations wasn't answered in my four ten-minute waits. So what's new (-: My computer remained frozen to those messages until last night.

'Out of place in time' artifact (or 'oopat' as I recall from 2 days ago) is a designation used for more than the battery I once
saw written up. My computer crashed at the google-search result whose address began with 'apnews…..' -- but Don't go there using a googled link unless you have a spare computer!
To protect my computer for now I accept doodad's incredulity and Gman's lack of curiosity.

However, doodad, I don't agree with your all or nothing two choices because it closes the door on other possibilities. Hypothetically, what if this planet was seeded with life to create a habitat for early space travelers from another realm? That would explain images of ufos in early oil paintings. And would they be Satan's emissaries if they were routinely coming back to check on man's progress over the centuries?

I regret I don't know Nanci Danison's take on ufo's, to tie the discussion back to the thread's title.

You Said: "My computer crashed when I approached a site about this 'out of place artifact' we were discussing. Safari and Apple sent automated messages that there was a security breach but the Apple phone number suggested for such situations wasn't answered in my four ten-minute waits. So what's new (-: My computer remained frozen to those messages until last night."

Did I expect you to provide a link to the mystery battery found on the ten thousand year old iced up corpse? Heck No!...Computers always play up when you need them for verification, don't they!?

You Said: "However, doodad, I don't agree with your all or nothing two choices because it closes the door on other possibilities. Hypothetically, what if this planet was seeded with life to create a habitat for early space travelers from another realm? That would explain images of ufos in early oil paintings. And would they be Satan's emissaries if they were routinely coming back to check on man's progress over the centuries?"

I agree with you about space seeding. That would answer a lot of questions about our present evolution going back thousands of years. Not too sure about Satan and his emissaries role in all this.

You said: "I regret I don't know Nanci Danison's take on ufo's, to tie the discussion back to the thread's title."

I wouldn't believe a single word about UFO'S if she wrote about them. It would be just her researched angle on it she lifted, read, and plagiarized from other authors and websites, making out it came from divine sources personal to her. George Gman 

IP Logged

doodad

ALK Member

Reply #22 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 9:53am

Quote:

Just to clarify, (I thought I had made myself clear) - my "all or nothing two choices" were only my thought experiment to come to grips with what would it would mean were creationism true. Nothing more than that.

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #23 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:56pm

Hi DooDad,

First comment:  The Bible itself never provided a geologic date for creation, etc.  One has to separate what people have added to what the book actually says.  Having said that, I would add that there is still much wisdom in such writings along with the writings of other ancient cultures that one may consider considering....

Regarding former epochs of man:  Sure, why not.  The planet is old enough to have wiped the slate clean in terms of geologic time.  I would wonder tho if we are referring to the same "man".  Are we even genetically linked?  Would it matter?

For that matter, why is it important at all that this needs to be man?  Why isn't the spiritual or intellectual evolution of whales, for example, important?  One thinks these beings don't have souls or spirit?

I think so much of "our" (i.e. man) view that is absolutely consumed with man's concentric thinking.  There are many kinds of beings in the universe and man is only one species.  People need to get over it.  It's not only about them.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 11:31pm

Regarding the sex drive and how it fits into spirituality. I find this quote from Yeshua (Jesus) to be illustrative to what i was talking about earlier.  Since he was likely celibate himself (by re-routing that energy, rather than repressing it like most), he was also referring to himself as to the last part. 

"For there are eunuchs who were born so from their mother's womb and there are eunuchs who became eunuchs by men and there are those who have made themselves eunuchs for the cause of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whoever can receive it let him receive it.” Matthew  19:12

As i said, i don't think it's necessary for people to try to do this, unless they are led to it from inner guidance. Repressing sex drive can cause more problems than having a healthy sex drive. 

But, as my experience has shown me, and as Yeshua seemed to be saying, the most expanded way involves re-routing that energy. 

Cayce's guidance talked about this some to, and indicated that it was possible to become healthily celibate if one properly re-routed this energy through right meditation and right living/daily choices.  They talked about the Kundalini moving up through the endocrine glandular centers, and that if it reached to the Pineal and then "spilled over" to the Pituitary, which they considered the most expanded center/state of consciousness, one could become free of the sex drive/impulse. 

But the blocks and hindrances have to first be removed before the Kundalini, aka life force, could reach that area. As the Pituitary or "3rd eye" as Cayce's guidance called it, was that of full God consciousness, it doesn't seem that too many that we know of, have kept in such a state. 

I'm only sure of one person in our recorded history. Taoists whispered about such mastery and had legends of same, but as to actual examples of people who fully overcame death and became a "He/she" type, doesn't seem to be the case.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.