Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Purpose of Evil (Read 2180 times)
serenesam

ALK Member

The Purpose of Evil
Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:27pm

If evil is a necessity (for the purpose of growth and development), where is the freewill in individuals choosing to be evil, sadistic, sociopathic, or psychopathic?

This is of course assuming that there is no such thing as an outside Creator.

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science." - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: The Purpose of Evil
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2015 at 5:58pm

I figure that free will is necessary, and in order for it to be fully present negatives choices need to be possible.

Once a Soul has developed wisdom, it can use its free will in a way that is truly beneficial for "all" concerned.

I say "all" because we are "all" a part of the same Oneness.

IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 1:48am

Maybe the creation or existence of freewill, is what led to the creation of "evil" or that which is not Source like in nature? 

Source wouldn't necessarily have to create very different states in a structure for this to happen. 

An analogy is, say you're born into just whiteness, that's all that you perceive on the outside of you.  But, close your eyes and go within, you could imagine something different than whiteness despite never having perceived it outside of  yourself.  You could at least wonder if there was more than just whiteness.

It's not a good analogy, because it's more related to states of feeling/awareness, and starting to think thoughts or feel things different than the ones you first were aware of (because those were linked to your origins), and in focusing on the differences, you start to feel more disconnected from your origin and start manifesting that which is different from the origins. 

After awhile of this, you may even manifest some very lacking in light states and perceptions, where love is almost completely absent, but fear, very separative thoughts/feelings, etc become dominant. 

Welcome to the jungle that some of our siblings temporarily manifested and which some of us came into to retrieve those getting more and more stuck in same.   

The truth is, some of us who originally came in to help, to retrieve, allowed ourselves to get overly influenced and started to become stuck some too.   But like in all things, there are degrees.  Degrees of love, degrees of stuckness, etc. 

Whether or not getting stuck to begin with, was something desired the Source or ultimately helpful in nature, is in my mind debatable. 

However, in any case, the trick is to turn lemons into lemonades.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 2:32pm

I don't believe that all the negative possabilities Souls have taken part in are preferable.

At this point of time I believe it is possible that the people of this World are making more mistakes than is necessary and desireable.

As an example, if you want to know about arrogance so you can fully understand what humility is about, you don't need to be arrogant for many lifetimes.

If you want to learn to fully appreciate divine love by seeing how it compares to conditional love, you don't need to live many conditional lives.

Unfortunately, many lives is the route some Souls take.

I could've made this post "much" longer, but why take the long route if the short route will suffice.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.