Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Humming along with Bob isn't an option.. (Read 3745 times)
Javik

ALK Member

Humming along with Bob isn't an option..
Jan 1st, 2015 at 1:24am

I've not been able to do much with the Monroe Gateway home tapes mainly because a big part of them, is the humming.

I live with other people who aren't exactly open to all this mystical stuff, and my bedroom is right next to theirs, so I generally keep my involvement discreet.

Pretty hard to hum quietly enough without something else like a big fan running in the room all the time, which is also annoying.

So what other options are there to try to do astral projection? Hmmm.  Undecided

IP Logged

Re: Humming along with Bob isn't an option..
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 4:51am

Do you mean the aum/um sound?

IP Logged

Javik

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:31am

Bob doesn't really define what the humming is for, other than you need to do it.

Though seriously I don't know that the humming actually matters. I would assume mute people and people who've had throat cancer can do Gateway anyway.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 10:27am

"Need" to do it? Absolutely not...there is not just one method for exploration, there are many.

Strange, that's the first time I ever heard of that.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm

The seagull is correct Javik, you do not need to hum. The aum/um/hum is a tool but not an essential one.

When one skill rides upon another, which rides upon another, which rides upon another, then one must learn one skill at a time in their natural sequence of progression. If someone wants to learn to leave the body, they must  first learn to identify their self as their own core consciousness. And they must intensify and heighten their consciousness. Practice being aware of self and surroundings, in meditation, in daily living, while sitting, walking, studying, working, communicating, whatever one is doing. Get off autopilot and be conscious and deliberate, whatever you are doing. You cannot consciously leave your body if you are only partly conscious while in your body. Learn to differentiate between your self the consciousness, and your thoughts, emotions, actions. Practice thinking rationally, be creative, exercise initiative / self direction, regulate emotion, cultivate the virtues, honesty, individual responsibility, love and helpfulness toward others, banish self-pity and resentment. Cultivate conscience. If you believe in a loving God then improve your relationship with him. If you don't then get to know your own soul/consciousness. Practice these things for a year and they will condition you and sharpen you up, regardless of whether or not you learn to leave the body. Nothing worthwhile is achieved without discipline, conditioning and know-how.

These are only some of the basics, there are more of course that others may suggest.         
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 10:05pm by 1796 »  

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 11:55pm

You are referring to the resonant tuning in the Gateway Course.  The tuning does not have to be particularly loud at all to get its effect.  You could achieve it easily in a room with the door closed, getting the effect using a soft humm. The idea is to feel and visualize it inside; a method to help relax you, change your modality.  It does not require volume for it to work.  It's effect may be variable.  Sometimes I really feel it, sometimes not.  The practices in the CDs are taken from many different practices including mediation techniques and QiGong for example all use vocal vibrational methods in some of their techniques.

Monroe does explain what it is for: ..."to help you vitalize and charge your entire system. It promotes an accel­­erated gathering of your vibrational energy while reducing your internal dialogue. In addition to preparing you for these exercises, you may use Resonant Tuning for meditation or quieting your thoughts..." - Monroe

Is it necessary?  Remember the energy conversion box, resonant tuning, the resonant energy ballon, and the affirmation are all tools.  You may find some tools more useful than others, and find you return to these tools differently over time.  You may also start with TMI's affirmation statement and find later that you have something else you wish to say.

When you put them all together you will find yourself practicing a ritual; yes... a ritual, like that practice by many religions.  The ritual helps one mentally prepare for the task, get in the mood, the state of mind where it may begin.  But like all rituals, they are there to simply help set the stage.  The problem with rituals is thinking they in themselves are some sort of path, formula, recipe for OBE; if reproduced correctly one will manufacture the desired result.  That's the problem with people and rituals, religious or not.

After awhile you may not need all the tools, the rituals.  It's a matter of what works with your personality, your style.  But as others have noted it is not an "essential" tool.  You will likely find by the end of all 6 CD sets, that you have developed your own personal ritual and find how much of it you need or have outgrown.  Even Monroe believe the goal was to get beyond all the tools, to have broadening your own daily conscious' awareness.  It is not just about OBEs. You don't have to go anywhere to connect.

I would say, the absolute skill one needs is to learn to clearly observe your mind, to become highly focus in that mindfulness so one can clearly apprehend and catch oneself adding to the experience, recognizing what thoughts are your own, what thoughts are coming from something that wishes to communicate with you. Then begin able to do this all the time. 

Off hand from what you say, the humming may not be the big problem.  If the roommates are that close, humming or not, you may have a hard time finding yourself able to tune "them" out.  What you need is to be distraction free.

As an aside, the new tuning sections in Wave 5 and 6 are much better than the ones in the first CDs.  Also, I would suggest not letting the resonant tuning keep you from moving forward with the lessons.  Also, don't worry about all the imagery that the lessons take one thru.  They too are tools.

Note also, you don't need to leave your body to make contact.  If that's what you're expecting, you're already stuck in dogma and limiting yourself.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 11:31am

BillB wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 11:55pm:
I would say, the absolute skill one needs is to learn to clearly observe your mind, to become highly focus in that mindfulness so one can clearly apprehend and catch oneself adding to the experience, recognizing what thoughts are your own, what thoughts are coming from something that wishes to communicate with you. Then begin able to do this all the time. 

BillB,

Your entire post is gem.  And your quote above gives in my opinion the most important skill necessary for exploration.

Bruce

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 6:07pm

Thanks,

- B

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2015 at 9:07pm

Indeed, a very reasonable and educational post.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.