Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eben Alexander's books (Read 1344 times)
Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Eben Alexander's books
Nov 28th, 2014 at 1:51pm

Just wondering about this neurosurgeon's experiences in his book Proof of Life,  he spent his time while in coma in a different kind of afterlife place than The Park. While my visits with my family there have shown us to live very real "down to earth" type lives there, working and generally enjoying life in many ways similar to earth but of course quite different...Eben Alexander's experience was very unearthly, floating on a butterfly wing with his biological sister, enjoying the presence of God and angels with choirs singing and so on, more what the dreamlike Christian heaven would be like. I see that he is a fan of TMI so I am a bit surprised his entire book was like that. Anyone else read it and have their own thoughts? Perhaps he was in the Christian heaven, since he has a churchgoing background.

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Re: Eben Alexander's books
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2014 at 8:49pm

I think he is doing good work. And so are many others, of course.

The spheres around the Earth are like the rings of an onion, but they are vast planes and seemingly numberless, and as varied as the human mind. There are even atheist heavens, and a heaven for cartoon characters - I bet that sounds a bit weird. There are animal and plant heavens, even a jehadist heaven. Those who can visit Monroe's park aught to visit the other areas too; widen their horizons.

But of course the rings or planes around the Earth are not really heavens, as in final destinations where people live forever. Rather they are extensions of this life, and are places where we live a sort of second life after this one, like mudeyed grubs have a second life as a dragon fly. And like dragonflies have two deaths, one for each of their stages, so we do too. Then we come in again for another go. And in a sense, all our lives on earth are like one life, or so it seems when we finish.

The real heaven is within each of us, it is our unfolding, or the emergence of the qualities and abilities of our soul, it is the realisation of our self that comes to us, realisation by realisation, life by life, until we are fully realised.

Some souls leave before that happens, part realised -  that's their choice. Most remain, and have been around for what seems to us to be a long time. The religions are means of advancement through the system. So are other institutions. 

I can only say these things because I have been fortunate to be able to go out and about and see these things for myself, but not because I'm spiritual because I'm not, but just because of chance.         

crossbow

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.