Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Do we work out in the afterlife? (Read 14119 times)

Re: Do we work out in the afterlife?
Reply #30 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:44am

The truest work, on a soul level, for most people, is such efforts as pursuit of knowledge and realisation of self and truth, the effort to obtain accurate perspective, understanding of and attunement with real love, providing service to others, alleviating suffering...  I expect those who’s effort is along such lines in this life will likely continue such effort in the next life phase. Most are working towards realisation of self anyway, directly and indirectly through mediums of various sorts such as relationships and interactions, circumstances and situations, dilemmas, problem solving and decisions, occupations, hobbies, interests, and observations. However which-way we are progressing/working, most of us probably keep up a related approach in the next life, unless we have a change of attitude and heart before death.    

Re:
Bruce Moen wrote on Jan 15th, 2015 at 7:10pm:
... It's true that a direct experiencer has to interpret the meaning of their experiences through the filters of their biases, beliefs, expectations. ...

Yes, it is true that biases, beliefs, expectations, and preferences can get in the way, obstruct vision and understanding. But it doesn’t have to be that way. The truth is not out of bounds to human perception.  It is possible to see things as they are, if one knows how, even if only temporarily. And if temporary, to retain the memory of what is seen, in spite of the preferences within our personality. It requires our understanding of honesty, honesty being the ability to see things as they are, and how honesty is acquired through valuing truth above all else, whatever truth may be, and our obtaining of honesty to a certain degree, along with the ability to some extent to recognise our own personal preferences and how they obstruct vision and understanding, so that we can set them aside and clear our vision and make our self receptive to truth.  Even then it cannot be done very well on our own, but only through coordination with our oversoul (disk?), or by prayer. But seeing things as they are can certainly be done. Truth is accessible.

crossbow
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2015 at 9:42pm by 1796 »  

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #31 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 6:30pm

It's kinda funny, but my original question can be interpreted in different ways....

Do we "work-out" in the afterlife? As in exercise, physical activities of that sort...
Do we "work" out in the afterlife? As in, work, productive activities, etc.
Do we "work out" in the afterlife? As in, all's well that ends well, etc.

It is interesting to see the spin on the question.

As for me, I can only imagine the possibilities, but there would be many, for learning, for pleasure, and for being of service. If we can be in more than one "place" at one time, the possibilities are truly incredible. I find that my life is of value here, and it will most likely be of value there.

I feel that there are places that I know that are created there and exist for me, which I visit in dreams and in my imagination. For instance, there is a replica of a restaurant in which I used to work which exists "out there" -- I have visited it in dreams. These visits trigger lucidity for me because I absolutely remember when it happens that I don't work there anymore, so I am fascinated with its similarities and its differences when I begin to notice I am dreaming.

Places which I have experienced during meditation I assume remain. They are stored in my memory and I believe I can revisit them later. I certainly hope to revisit some states of love and bliss which I have experienced there. Of course, that is possible now.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #32 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 9:24pm

I would like to be welcomed something like this when I arrive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10bIbch7fYg

IP Logged

Reply #33 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 10:53pm

wow, a concert like that would be quite a welcome.

Re. Seagull said, "I feel that there are places that I know that are created there and exist for me, which I visit in dreams and in my imagination. For instance, there is a replica of a restaurant in which I used to work which exists "out there" -- I have visited it in dreams. These visits trigger lucidity for me because I absolutely remember when it happens that I don't work there anymore, so I am fascinated with its similarities and its differences when I begin to notice I am dreaming."

Yes, I expect the restaurant is real, and changing bit by bit as people add to it and take away from it. Perhaps next time you might take note of some of the changes and of some of the staff who are working there, then go and visit it in daily life. You might see some similarities.   

Regarding work and jobs in the afterlife:

I worked in a terminal hospice for many years in which there was a turnover rate of several patients per day. One particular young man was mostly paralysed and wheelchair bound when I met him through to his death a few months later, due to cancer having invaded his spine. I will call him Daniel.

During those years I was learning to condense and concentrate my consciousness, to heighten it, and extend it both outward, and within and upward, and to leave my body in both sleep and meditation. I would occasionally go to the hospice when I was off duty, often at night, to observe the goings-on behind the physical scenes. One night while I was examining a sleeping patient I was surprised to see Daniel walk into the room. Daniel had died a couple of weeks prior. He was equally surprised to see me. We both briefly examined each other. He was standing there with two strong legs, looking most fit and healthy, and I was there in my sleep body and obviously awake. I asked him what he was doing here, and he explained that as a previous patient who had been through the death process here that he had been given a temporary job visiting sleeping patients and reassuring them that there is nothing to fear and all works out well. He told me the job will only last a few weeks and then he will be moving on. We exchanged some other details, wished each other well, then we each went our way.         

crossbow   

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.