Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Do we work out in the afterlife? (Read 13982 times)
seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Do we work out in the afterlife?
Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:07pm

Just wondering. I couldn't find the retrieval where the fellow was saved from doing sit-ups for eternity. So, do we do yoga? Not so much a matter of how we appear to ourselves, as I assume we can take whatever shape or form we like best.

But, how real is it? People say their near death experiences are more real than everyday real.

Afterlife yoga might be really fun, like being able to be a contortionist at will.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Re: Do we work out in the afterlife?
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 10:43am

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2014 at 9:19am

Hi Seagull,

In my opinion, it all depends how connected you are to your human identity, body/vehicle.  I am beginning to feel and understand that our true spiritual essence is much more than we realize, and our temporary connection to a physical body, and the laws of the physical world so thoroughly removes us from the broader perspective of who and what we are, that we are somewhat stunned to realize the truth when we die. 

For many of us, I suspect, we hold onto the image of the human form.  This is why, I believe, that Focus 27 is not a permanent destination, but a belief system territory - a place for people to explore their nature as human, but with the enhanced abilities of being free of the physical world.  Yet our physical form and the animal part of our being is just a vehicle for our consciousness to express itself in. 

So yes, I believe in areas like Focus 27, you can exercise with your body, run like The Flash, fly like Superman, and do yoga.  Until, at some point you realize that your true nature is much more than the physical form of a human being or anything really related to our animal nature.

I think, though that we hold onto our human form and identity with it as long as it suits us.  The idea that physical life is really a virtual reality experience for our soul, in a vehicle (human body) is such a foreign idea, that it probably takes a varied amount of time to move on to other adventures.

My thoughts for what they are worth. 

Matthew

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 12:23am

John 14:2

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 11:07am

DocM,

DocM wrote on Sep 13th, 2014 at 9:19am:
The idea that physical life is really a virtual reality experience for our soul, in a vehicle (human body) is such a foreign idea, that it probably takes a varied amount of time to move on to other adventures.

I see things pretty much the same way as you describe them.  Some folks get stuck in nearby virtual realities after leaving Here (dead) by virtue of hanging on to their physical world self image far too long.  Others catch on more quickly and change form fairly soon.  I suppose as long as we feel the need to maintain a Self identity we'll need SOME form to inhabit.

Bruce

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 3:43pm

All discernments, all energies and things below God, have form, quality and function.

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 12:08pm

Sounds like religious sects arguing dogma.

- Matt 22:23-32

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 7:34pm

BillB wrote on Nov 30th, 2014 at 12:08pm:
Sounds like religious sects arguing dogma.

- Matt 22:23-32

I don't think so. The differences are only slight and I expect are compatible if better defined and placed - like different perspectives on an object might when placed together comprise a more all-round view. On this thread, I see the posts so far as more like additions to each other than contradictions.

Besides, a contradiction does not always indicate falsity, for an apparent contradiction may be resolved by an additional fact bringing the two seemingly contradictory facts together. When presented with contradiction it is always worth considering a third unknown fact/s before assuming falsity or error, or in this case argument. And after that has been fairly done, then the contradiction may be assumed to indicate falsity, though depending, it may still not be certain.       

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 8:04pm

seagull wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 10:43am:
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

I have tried to do many funny things. I suppose many of us have. One morning when I was younger, after a night flying around above the treetops, practicing settling down and taking off, and holding stationary in the air, I woke up and got out of bed still certain that I could fly. I got dressed and went to the backdoor step, looked up at the sky and with much sureness I willed myself to fly and jumped off the step, only to land on the ground with a sense of bodily heaviness. I tried to lift off again and again, but alas, my body was too heavy and I could not make it fly. At the time it was a great disappointment.   

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 8:37pm

So funny. It is a wonder that any of us know we are awake and in this "real" world at all.

Today I "woke up" officially for the day when a synchronous event happened. I was on another forum and noticed a song someone there enjoyed so they shared it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-eXYJnV3V4

Ziggy Marley, "Love is My Religion"

I listened to it a few times, appreciated it, started my day off nicely. Later, where I work, a delivery person stopped by. He and I were idly chatting while I signed for something. I mentioned the wind, the cold, take care, that kind of thing. He picked up on it and said, regarding the wind, "Yeah, kite flying weather," and I had that "funny feeling" I get sometimes.

You see, the song mentions kite flying, and I remember that when I listened to the song this morning I noticed the kite flying image, and it kind of stood out to me at that time. Ziggy Marley says, "I don't want to fight....let's go fly a kite." So, not everyone thinks about kite flying in December when it's really cold.

In fact, it's extremely rare that I hear anyone talk of flying kites at all.

So, on the surface, seems like nothing. But, it caused a powerful wave in my consciousness today. It's the little things, like that. You know what I mean.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 6:26am

The kite and string may be considered analogous to the astral body and silver cord, when the astral body is separated from the physical body during sleep.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2014 at 9:39pm

Right, I like that. Thanks for reminding me.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 1:30am

Regarding the communication of minds, I think it is going on between nearly all people much of the time, to varying degrees, but people are not conscious of it. The majority of people most of the time are not aware of what they are thinking, and their thoughts are mostly spontaneous, passive, and running on automatic, without conscious direction, and with little attention, so they cannot know what thoughts are of their own making or coming in from others, or to what degree their minds are interacting with the minds of other people. The more continually conscious we are of our own presence within our self, and the more we know our self and our thoughts to be two different things, and the more deliberate we are in our own thinking, then the more aware we become of other's thoughts. But we can't discern other's thoughts if we are not conscious of our own.

Occasionally a person might notice a mental interaction with another and think its something unique, but they may have only noticed it because they were paying attention to their mental content at that time, or because it coincided markedly with environmental, behavioural and verbal incidences which drew their attention to it. The mind might have been almost continuously interacting with other people's minds all that same day but people are so unconscious of their self that they mostly don't pick up on their mental interactions with others.    

IP Logged

IsabellaWalker

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 6:00am

Thanks for opening sucha lovely thread. I'm new here and found it really interesting. The following is my idea of after life which I concluded after reading few novels.

Presently it appears to me that there are truly just three conceivable outcomes.

(a) One or a greater amount of the religions have took care of business.

(b) The mystic thought that life is only one stage in an unbounded learning knowledge is right. In this perspective we are all little starts of God on a journey to in the end find our direction home. This incorporates all life structures not simply human life.

(c) Nothing at all exists past the body. At the point when the body passes on its the end of that individual or creature.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:31pm

I see it as b...true enough for me...I don't know what "God" might be, in order to describe such, but only that there is a connectedness and progression of and through life which has meaning and purpose beyond what we can fully understand. We get glimpses now and again, and it can be wonderful, of course.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.