Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OBE of a past life retrieval? (Read 6102 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
OBE of a past life retrieval?
Aug 21st, 2014 at 2:23pm

I had an OBE that started from dream awareness.  I’m a woman.  I’m in some kind of a room.  It’s small and rectangular.  It’s dark.  I can’t see enough to make out detail of anything like furniture.  I get a sense that it’s made of wood.  I get a sense that there’s a make-shift ledge or table along the wall of this room.  I get a sense there’s a doorway on one end and a window on the other end.  It’s not an actual window, but I sense there is more light at that end of the room than the other end.  The end with the doorway is darker, deeper, as if the window-end of the room points outward, toward openness. 

As I slowly walk the length of the short room, I’m becoming more aware of what’s going on.  I can hear people walking above me on wooden planks, and I am looking up and following the sound with my eyes.  I can just barely see through the wooden boards above me.  Awareness is slowly coming to me that my husband has been taken and he’s up there, being led along a pier above me.  The men that have taken him have put me down here, or left me here to stay.  I’m not allowed to get out and I’m unable to. 

I’m also becoming aware that this isn’t the first time I’ve gone through this.  I definitely feel that this sequence of events has happened many times before, but I distinctly remember feeling “I definitely remember this happening before.  I know what’s going to happen.”  This realization also came with sadness because I remembered that my husband was being put to his death. 

I don’t know any of the details or reasons why, but I was feeling so sad and a sense of no control over the situation.  I felt dreadful that I couldn’t change the fact that I was here, the fact that I was re-living this, the fact that I couldn’t stop what had happened in the past to my husband. 

Then I began feeling and wondering to myself, if this has already happened, why am I experiencing it again?  I felt myself struggling with understanding and believing this present moment.  It’s like, the past events made sense to me…I knew this has happened to me before.  I’m put in this room by these men, they take my husband and walk him across the pier to his death.  I wasn’t able to do anything to stop it the first time, and I still can’t do anything to stop it now.  I’m wondering, “How can I know all this?” 

All I wanted was to have my husband.  I was devastated and broken-hearted that I knew he was going to die and that I couldn’t do something.  I wished I could do anything to stop it, even if it meant I’d die for it.  But because I already knew the outcome, I resigned myself to not even trying, but just remaining in this state helpless and devastated.  I was slowly becoming aware that I had no idea how many times I had re-lived this awful experience.

All these thoughts slowly coming to mind caused me to have split conscious awareness, where I felt my awareness was pulled back to a point of consciousness where I felt an all-awareness, all-knowing feeling and I'm now watching the woman instead of being her.  I felt removed from the hold of those feelings of sadness and dread.  I only felt pure unconditional love in this higher perspective. 

The me of this pulled-back, higher perspective point of consciousness felt a feeling of relief and excitement that I was finally getting through to this woman, finally starting to have an effect on her realizing that what she was experiencing was only the memories of the past and that she didn’t have to be stuck here any longer.  I wanted her to become consciously aware that she could choose to change or end this if she wanted to. I wanted so badly for my awareness, understanding, and love to get through to her so that she could unlock herself from this experience.  But I knew that it was up to her.  I couldn’t do it for her, she had to allow herself to come to that realization and choice. 

From this pulled-back perspective I knew I’d been trying to convey that to her for a long time.  I could see that she was finally beginning to realize this wasn’t physical reality but I knew that she was still confused. 

I then “moved” my awareness toward her until I felt that I was her again, and I was trying to hold onto the two perspectives at the same time so that I could continue empowering her to greater clarity.  It felt like I could hold it for only a couple of seconds, and then the higher conscious awareness feeling began fading until I only was aware of this woman’s present level of awareness.  Again I felt such sadness for my husband being taken from me, for him being led to his death and here I was locked in this room and helpless to do anything to stop it. 

My eyes followed the sounds of their footsteps above me on the wooden planks.  I slowly walked the length of this short room to the end where more light was coming through.  I could only barely get glimpses through the pier above me and see that two men flanked my husband, each holding an arm, holding him up and almost dragging him along.  My poor husband couldn’t even walk himself and they were dragging him.  I wondered if he was still conscious enough to even know what was happening to him. 

This all felt so familiar to me and for a moment I felt myself thinking, “Why is this happening?  It’s already happened before.  Why would I let myself experience this again?”   

These thoughts surprised me, and I turned my gaze down for a moment as I focused my mind on trying to remember.  I had that on-the-tip-of-my-tongue feeling of almost being able to remember something.  I noticed that I was wringing my hands in nervousness.  This reminded me of my dire situation.  I looked upward again to try to see my husband through the planks.  I could hear and sense the water all around me.  The ocean.  The room I was in was below the ocean’s surface.  The end of the room which seemed like a window was really the end of a ship, and more light was coming through the wooden planks above me toward that end.  I felt that if I could get out of this darkness and up through where the light was coming through, then I could be free.   

My conscious awareness pulled back again to the point-of-consciousness perspective and again I had complete and total awareness that I wasn’t this woman and that this wasn’t physical reality.  I tried to impress my awareness of these things to her, trying to help her realize she could make the choice to actually do something different for a different outcome.  Even though she couldn’t change the past, she could change the present moment that she was stuck in. 

My awareness moved into her again.  And again, all I knew was that I was this woman.  My husband had been taken from me by some men who had locked me in this room.  I can hear them walking along the pier above me, and my eyes follow as I try to see through the planks.  I’m walking to the far end of this little dark room where some light is coming through.  I wish I could get out of here and go to my husband.  I love him so much.  My heart is breaking because I know he is about to die.  I would do anything for him.  I want to.  I am going to do whatever I can to help him even if it kills me. 

I felt driven and determined.  I—the woman—start walking toward the door and I simply opened it.  It was no longer locked.  I walked out.  It was dark and I couldn’t see.  I knew that all I had to do was walk up to the pier toward the light and that this would be over. 

I started waking up at this point, coming to full waking consciousness.  I don’t remember anything else after that, but I had a good feeling that this woman was finally unstuck from her reality of re-living that traumatic past event.  To come up with my own explanation, I feel that this was a past life event that really happened, and that an aspect of myself was stuck in the thoughts of remembering it to the point of re-living it over and over.  I had awoken early in the morning and then had gone back to sleep and that’s when I had this dream/OBE.  The perspective of being this woman felt so real.  And I know that point-of-consciousness feeling is not just a dream.  I’ve had many waking OBEs and psychic experiences in that same point-of-consciousness state.   

Please let me know what you think   Smiley

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: OBE of a past life retrieval?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 9:07am

Vicky,

Sounds like a classic case of retrieving a past life aspect of self. 

I teach a Level 3 workshop in which participants are guided to encounter and retrieve aspects of self, both from this life and past lives.  The experience you describe is the sort of thing I routinely hear during debriefings of the past life aspect retrievals.

The concept is that a small portion of who we are can become stuck after death.  This "aspect" or "fragment" of self is so entangled in the experience, like the one you describe, that it is unable to move on from that point in its existence and becomes stuck in the feelings/experience.

These aspects very often have strong effects on our present lives causing us to experience the feelings and emotions the stuck aspect is experiencing.  We get drawn into situations and relationships during our present lives that we perceive through the eyes of these feelings and emotions, causing us to suffer as if that previous life situation or relationship is in our present lives.

Can you say "karma"?   So many folks misunderstand the meaning of karma, thinking it is some sort of retribution meted out by some outside "authority" for past misdeeds.  But, karma is just feeling the emotions and feelings of past deeds and living our lives within the perspective them.  We cause our own suffering by living within the perspective of the emotions of those past deeds and letting them cause us pain without any understanding of the source of those feelings.  We often allow those feelings to guide our actions in our present lifetimes which can "work off the karma" or dig ourselves a deeper hole to get out of next lifetime

That's my opinion any how.

Bruce

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 10:33am

Bruce-  Your post raises a question about retrievals.  In your books and workshops, you seem to say that retrievals involve "rescuing" someone who is deceased and is unable to move on.  I don't recall your discussing retrievals of "fragments" of deceased folks.

So this question- how do you know, when you are doing retrievals, whether you are retrieving the "whole" personality or just a fragment of it?  Isn't it possible that when you retrieve someone, you are perhaps unintentionally leaving a fragment behind?

Someone who dies in a highly traumatic way may be retrieved, but isn't it possible that the intense fear of the death process might have spun off a fragment that continues to remain in a stuck status?

R

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 8:38pm

Hey Bruce  Smiley

Thanks for your feedback and support.  I was pretty surprised (and proud of myself) about this experience.  I can't even begin to explain how real it felt.  And, I agree with your beliefs about what karma really is. 

Rondele, about the questions you're asking  Bruce, my opinion is that all retrievals are aspects, but I mean that in the same way that we here in this life are aspects of a whole.  From our perspective, and for all intents and purposes, we are whole at any given moment.  But if you think about it, when you meet a person you're not meeting their whole self or personality are you?  Even when you're in a relationship with someone, you really are only ever aware of parts of that person at any given moment.  We're always focused in one state of mind or state of being at a time.  Even just spending time by ourselves, we really only focus on a fragment of ourselves at a time, if you think about it in terms of your awareness of your own state of mind or being.

I think of retrievals like that.  When someone is being retrieved it doesn't matter whether they are a whole or a fragment, what you're dealing with is more of a state of being than anything else.  It's really more about the state they are in at the moment than it is about the sum of who they really are.

Just my opinion, but I'm eager to see what Bruce's thoughts are. 

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2014 at 9:59pm

rondele wrote on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 10:33am:
  Someone who dies in a highly traumatic way may be retrieved, but isn't it possible that the intense fear of the death process might have spun off a fragment that continues to remain in a stuck status?

Some who dies in an extremely fearful state normally does spin off an aspect.  That aspect is what we are normally retrieving. That same person may have spun off aspects during its lifetime long before death.  Eventually, ALL of these aspects must be retrieved.  From the perspective of the Higher Self all retrievals are of aspects of ourselves left behind.

There is a chapter in the Guidebook about retrieving aspects of self including a script for the exercise.

Bruce

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2014 at 2:39pm

<<Some who dies in an extremely fearful state normally does spin off an aspect.  That aspect is what we are normally retrieving.>>

Bruce- that's interesting. When you discussed retrievals at the workshop, I don't think we had the impression that's what we were attempting to do during the exercises.

If you recall, there was an earthquake (forgot where) during the workshop and you suggested we attempt to retrieve those who were killed and therefore disoriented due to their sudden demise. You gave suggestions as to how we could approach them and with the aid of a helper, guide them to the light.

The fact that we would be retrieving only an aspect of their being is somewhat of a surprise.

I guess my question is, if we were retrieving only an aspect of their total selves, does that mean the "rest" of them were able to find their way to the light without our help?

Confusing!  Thanks in advance for clarifying this.

R

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2014 at 10:36pm

rondele wrote on Aug 27th, 2014 at 2:39pm:
I guess my question is, if we were retrieving only an aspect of their total selves, does that mean the "rest" of them were able to find their way to the light without our help?

"Only an aspect" has the feeling why bother to it.  If I were a whole being within physical reality I would probably not recognize myself.  Yet me as my Disk cannot "graduate" with any fragments or Aspects of Self still stuck.  ANY   (except under certain extreme condition)  The Disk cannot abandon you here, you must be retrieved if you are stuck.   And your aspects as well. 

The payoff appears to be a graduation to a new "broader-perspective" level of awareness as Higher Self.  That being the level of You as your Higher Self's - Higher Self.  One marker indicating a path in the direction of the Higher Higher Self, toward Godhood Level Awareness of the All.

Nobody here but us Aspects of Some Level of Higher Self  :d)

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 3:12pm

Bruce,

I'm thrilled you consider this a "classic case" of retrieval, and being an aspect of self to boot.  I don't know where it came from since I wasn't consciously trying to do it, but it's exciting.  I'd like to learn to combine my abilities and cross them over into other areas. 

For instance, I know you don’t teach OBE’s but all of my retrievals have been in an OBE.  When I say I want to practice retrievals the way you teach it, I literally want to be able to do it from waking consciousness.  In your first book you describe doing retrievals from the Oklahoma City Bombing while eating dinner in a restaurant.  You said:  “In the next instant, sitting on a tall stool in Bennigan’s and remaining aware of those surroundings, suddenly I was also rushing through blackness toward three infants who had died in the blast.” 

Since you were able to remain aware of your physical surroundings, that means to me that you had some level of split conscious awareness.  I don’t think I’ve had an experience like that from the physical.  I once had an OBE while literally walking on a cruise ship out in the middle of the ocean.  (Not a retrieval experience but it was a psychic one).  I felt like I was physically somewhere else with no memory of physically walking or of my surroundings.   Felt as if I literally disappeared for a couple minutes and then reappeared.  Thank goodness it’s possible to phase out like that and not fall overboard!

But when I try to do any kind of exploration work I find myself going physically to sleep, like Focus 10 mind-awake/body-asleep state, or I click out or fall asleep and don’t remember anything.  I’m so eager to try and do retrieval work or exploring from a physically conscious state the way you describe and teach.   Can you give me any advice, tips, or things to practice to help me achieve that kind of experience? How do your workshop participants feel during their retrieval experiences….split between being awake and “there”, out-of-body, or something else?

I know it doesn’t really matter, but for the sake my learning how to expand and apply my abilities I’m always curious of the “how” of things.   Maybe all these types of experiences just fall in different places on the same continuum and it’s just a matter of how much or how little we’re phased into the experience??

Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 10:42pm

I have mixed feelings about retrieving aspects of self, as I see consciousness in a different light.  To my way of thinking, our true consciousness/perceptive awareness appears to be a unique pinpoint of perception that is part of a universal conscsiousness too ( a unity) inserted into and confined for a while in a human animal body, in a sort of virtual reality which we call the physical world.  It appears that this virtual reality affords us opportunities to grow and learn.  On leaving the body, it seems we become reacquainted with our true nature.  The uniqueness we have as a perceptive conscious being is our intelligent awareness of things.  Though we are aware, I believe in our true nature we understand we are one with the unity of overall consciousness (God).  In general, however, our insertion of our consciousness into a physical body/construct is an illusion for us to experience the sensation of separateness, when in reality we are part of consciousness in this universal sense. 

The idea that a traumatic emotional experience can spin off a soul fragment of myself which has a distinct consciousness from my own, and is stuck in the physical or low level emotional plane appears unlikely and illusory.  The separation that we believe we have from others is, IMHO a created necessity of earth life needed to play the virtual game here.  But to further divide us up into soul fragments, separate thinking pieces of ourselves appears to go against our own nature of unity.  In order to create a soul fragment, there would have to be a further subdivision of metaphysical law which states that the falsely separated self then creates fragments which insert themselves into other vehicles or time loops to get stuck in a further multiply false sense of separation.  It is a messy process, but apart from that, the separation perceived is illusory, foisted on conscious beings by their own ideas, belief systems and the agreed on laws of physical reality. 

So I have mixed feelings about retrievals of self vs. other human beings.  I can understand a human consciousness getting boxed in by false and hindering beliefs and fears so that it needs help in rejoining the unity of the bigger consciousness (disc, oversoul, etc.).  I am on the fence about a subhuman fragment  getting stuck, however.   I suppose I think that our consciousness does not spin off separate functional aware fragments which require retrieval.

Matthew

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #9 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 10:41am

I agree with what Matthew states... that our (human) consciousness does not spin off separate fragments that are aware and require retrieval.

However, this isn't what I interpret Bruce as saying.  I could be wrong, but the way I interpret what Bruce says is, from the perspective of the Higher Self or Soul there could be many aspects of that HS/Soul that could be stuck.  Or in other words, an aspect is a single human consciousness/person of which there could be many from the perspective of the HS/Soul.  Or that I, Kathy, or you, Matthew are each an aspect of our HS/Soul experiencing a virtual human existence.

Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but I do commend your well stated comments, Matthew.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2014 at 2:13pm

Matthew and Kathy,

I feel that my experience was a retrieval of a woman who really lived that experience in her life.  I believe that I was that woman in a past life.  That is my belief based on the fact that I felt as if I was really her living through those events.  Whether we call it an “aspect” or not doesn’t really matter.

I don’t think consciousness breaks off into fragments.  I think consciousness moves.  It can have more than one focus at a time, even if one of those focuses is reliving a past event over and over, unaware that it can do something else. 

It’s my belief that my lifetime here just means that my consciousness has moved awareness to the focus we call physical reality.  At the same time, I have many other focuses of my consciousness in various other realities, and areas, and lifetimes, past, present, and future.   I believe consciousness can move in as many ways and directions as it wants to, not having to have “broken” any other part of itself in the process.  It may have effects on other parts of itself, but it doesn’t mean consciousness has to fragment and become less of a whole in order to move anywhere within awareness. 

The same would be true for when we die and a part of us cannot quite let go of reliving a past traumatic event.  It just means that there is a focus of our consciousness still being aware of those events to the point of being unable to stop being aware of them, and to the exclusion of awareness of other parts of itself.   I remember during this experience when the woman started to become aware that the event she was experiencing had already taken place.  This had an effect on her.  It started to open her awareness.  I was then able to get through to her making her even more aware.  She then finally moved away from that focus and thus was retrieved. 

A retrieval happens when we can make that part of consciousness aware that it can move, or aware of some other part of consciousness besides itself.  Once it has awareness of these things consciousness moves.  It realizes it has greater awareness than that one tiny little focus.

I imagine that is akin to us maturing and growing up in our lives.  We grow up slowly, little parts at a time.  At 12 in many ways I was pretty grown up, yet sometimes I still liked playing with my Barbies.  Eventually the part of me who liked to play with Barbie dolls gave that up and that part of me became interested in other things.  I imagine that when this woman on the ship was retrieved, it was akin to her no longer being interested in staying in the area of consciousness of reliving those events, and she realized there were other things to focus on.  In Bruce terms, it means that part of consciousness, or “aspect”, is moving back to its Disk.  Maybe there’s a graduation process to get back to the Disk much like how we slowly give up childhood things as we grow up, little pieces at a time. 

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:01pm

Hi friends,
a self-retrieval, or, a retrieval of an aspect of the self is a really strange thing. Why? Because of the implications, which are massive, when you think about it. In my view, all opinions about this on this thread are true.

If we want to make sense of these kind of experiences, we have to accept that what we casually call "I", this person living in the physical here and now, can be as well seen as a split-off aspect, and it should be seen as that; a split-off aspect of the whole, as Bruce puts it, of the disc.

This is quite not an easy thing to digest. It's a deep impact on our picture of our-self. The confusion on this matter comes from the viewpoint of a separate entity, a person with a body. From this viewpoint, fractions of ourselves, which have a semi-autonomous life must be seem a weird thing, because then we loose the understanding of what we are, as we might seem to be a bunch of fractions which as well might easily fall apart, and that's scarey- though not far from truth in my view, but only in the perspective of a separated person in the physical here-and-now.

When we change the viewpoint, as far as it's possible, to a, as I just would call it, "pure consciousness" perspective, or the "disc"- perspective, the whole thing looks different. We would then not so much talk of "persons" but of streams of memories which tend to perpetuate themselves and/or cause new streams of memories; but these all are not real entities but just aspects of the whole (the disc, oversoul, higher self etc).

I like a Buddha- saying about is there, and if, what is reincarnation, and he said, it's like when you light a candle with another candle, is it the same flame, or another?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:41pm

My feeling is that if a conscious entity has its own will, then that entity actually exists, even if originally came from a larger entity.

Why couldn't a being use parts of itself to create additional beings?

Regarding a spun off aspect, what universe would such an aspect live? Would an entire universe have to be created for this aspect, or would it have its own dream World? If it lives in a dream World rather than in a shared universe as we do, then it isn't correct to say that it exists in the same way as we do.

Plus, there is so much more to who we are at Soul level, than what there is to an aspect. At Soul level we are many things while an aspect would represent just one way of thinking.

There have been occasions when I've done that merger retrieval thing I do and I saw a life-like image of myself. It would feel as if this other self is conscious. It would seem as if this other self represents a troubled part of myself.  It could be that my guidance/higher self shows me such an image in order to symbollically show me what type of thought pattern I am retrieving at the time.  Such a merger experience is similar to when I help retrieve the spirits of stuck humans and lower entities, but not the same. I don't feel the same level of negativity.

-----------------

I would like to add that if spun off aspects have lives that are just as real as our own, how do we know that we aren't spun off aspects? When I ask this I'm not thinking in terms of disk extensions.

-------------

Sorry,  I would like to add something else. There have been a few occasions where non-physically I would experience myself standing in front of a mirror looking at one of these self images. This causes me to believe that my higher self/guidance shows me an aspect of myself through an image of myself. To what extent such an aspect exists is hard to say. Thought does have the power to create which is something you notice more at the astral level.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.