Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The mirror (Read 1979 times)
seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
The mirror
Jun 7th, 2014 at 2:28pm

If this life/this universe is our mirror...

Say my mirror is in an adjacent room separated by a curtain which is sometimes tied back and sometimes hanging down loosely. When I look into the mirror I might see a person who is just waking up. I might see a person who is dressed up for a party. I might see a person with tears on her face, or a big grin, etc. You get the picture.

If we can see the world around us as a reflection of who we are, and come to an acceptance of that, what then?

Instead of feeling the self as being a victim of circumstances, we can choose how to respond. It is all one being, no matter how limited the aspect of our vision that we experience. There are many personalities, many descriptions, but one great being.

What is "before" us in this moment, as realized by looking in this mirror, is what is "behind" us, in actuality. And it is a viewpoint which is only experienced by living this way, with this mirror. If I turn around, the mirror is no longer in front of me, but the "other" world.

When I think of it this way, I can understand, just a little bit, why people describe their near death experiences as "more real" than what they experience here, and their meetings with loved ones in dreams or visions as absolutely "real" as well.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: The mirror
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2014 at 1:36pm

I like your line of thought, Seagull.

I agree that in NDE and OOBE things do seem more real.  I've wondered if that is because we are not hindered/limited by the body as when fully conscious of the physical world which restricts us to the rules/laws of the ELS?

It seems that whatever realm I'm in, including the dream world, things do seem more real likely because that's where my focus is.  Your mirror concept gives a good visual of that.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 7:02pm

I'm glad my comment made sense to you. It does seem like people report enhanced senses in NDEs and OOBEs quite often, and experience sights, sounds, voices, etc. in a way which is hard for them to describe, as those experiences are limited here.

It is easier for me to accept that those in the "other world" -- which is so near to us - can "reach" into our lives, and we can "reach" into theirs, by thinking of things in the way in which I described.

I find that I am conditioned by past thoughts that the "afterlife" or "heaven" or "God" or any of these concepts are very far away, or somehow beyond my comprehension. I am limited by my human comprehension, but they are not so far as they might seem. I find that I am constantly asking for my companion guides to show me that they are there, and they do, on a regular basis.

Instead of doing it in a huge, "biblical" way, something that I might dismiss as a hallucination, I find that the messages are subtle. They are something I can "feel" and just "know" and I can see clearly that they are deliberate.

It is encouraging to me that my experiences, learning and understanding over the years I have visited this site have led me to a place of greater peace. I find that I can more often encourage others in my life who are faced with their difficult realities here because of overcoming some of my conditioned fear of death. It has not been an easy thing to overcome these barriers in my own mind, but I feel that I will be better equipped to enter an afterlife because of it.

Short of someone handing me a telephone to talk to a loved one, or a video screen, I am fairly convinced, and I know that those are not far away. People seem to be having more success with capturing sound and video content as they continue exploring those kinds of methods.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 12:24pm

Good post, Seagull. 

I agree Kathy.  I have thought that the reason OBEs have that realer-than-real feeling to them is because of the altered/higher state of consciousness in which we are using solely our nonphysical senses of perception rather than our limited physical senses.  In the physical, thinking and analyzing get too much in the way of our use of nonphysical senses which are more concentrated, direct, and profound.  The nonphysical senses of perception work together as a whole and overlap in ways we can't experience through physical senses.  Not compartmentalized like in the physical. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.