Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oversoul according to Monroe (Read 6637 times)
I Am Dude

Oversoul according to Monroe
May 16th, 2014 at 6:50pm

There is an aspect of Robert Monroe's I-There/Oversoul concept that I cannot remember clearly and I was hoping that someone could help me with this, as I was summarizing Monroe's findings in my book when I realized I couldn't quite remember and was hoping for a quick answer without having to re-read his books.

According to Monroe, are the individual offshoots/incarnations of the I-There/Oversoul able to reincarnate?  Another way of asking this is, Are all of the incarnations of the Oversoul unique creations(Monroe says the Oversoul combines elements of it's vast experiential/personality/DNA database to create new probes), or do some probes choose to reincarnate as the same personality, while others can choose to remain nonphysical and eventually reintegrate into the Oversoul without reincarnating as that particular personality?

I recall a part in Monroe's book where he goes into how individuals get trapped in the human experience and become addicted and thus drawn into reincarnation cycles, so this would support the idea of probes being able to reincarnate.  But having just reviewed the chapters in Monroe's book UJ in which he details his experiences and discoveries of his I-There, I did not read anything about probes reincarnating and did not notice any connections made between the incarnation of I-There probes and his previous experiences of individual personalities reincarnating.

I should probably re-read his books, but in the mean time if anyone could provide some insight according to the writings of Monroe it would be much appreciated!  Smiley

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Oversoul according to Monroe
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2014 at 7:58pm

My memory is incomplete. In Far Journeys, an earlier book, he speaks of reincarnation in a conventional sense. This was before he found out about his I-there.

Ultimate Journey was written after he found out about his I-there.  On page 166 the below conversation is recorded:

Robert: "How far back does this [his soul's history] go?"

Robert's I-there: "Before you were born."

Robert: "You had better tell me. I don't remember."

Robert's I-there: "You wouldn't. You didn't exist. We made the decision to become human again. We selected the time and place and organized the DNA mix--elements from the physical and elements from us. We took those parts of us that seemed most appropriate, rolled  them up into one, and sent them in. There you are--and we--were!"

Robert: "What exactly did you send in?"

Robert's I-There: "Personalities, memories. What else?"

The above makes me think Robert was a new probe.  Whether probes incarnate more than once, I don't remember what Robert wrote.

The above reminds me of the below from Tom Sawyer's NDE:

"Reincarnation is not a linear thing. One of the problems in defining it is that there is no analogy to it. It is outside of time, yet we can't help but think of it in terms of the past and the future, and this incarnation. The whole story is so big and so involved.

Reincarnation is an opportunity to reach a goal. The goal is true self-realization. Self-realization is to know that you are a soul, a part of God, yet also the Whole. Perhaps no one has a very good image at all of his or her soul - the whole self. And they have no idea of what proportion their personality is in relationship to their soul.

As an example, a characteristic of your personality is one percent of all of your personality characteristics put together, and all of your personality characteristics make up your personality, and your personality is only about five percent of your soul, then we are blinding ourselves to 95 percent of the rest of our soul in order to reincarnate.

Reincarnation is an opportunity to evolve through many personalities. The definition of reincarnation is that your personality is who you are in your current lifetime, and that it can be reincarnated as an entirely different personality with the characteristics of the previous personality and previous personalities including even characteristics of another soul altogether. That is, characteristics of your present personality may be the reincarnation of other characteristics of personalities from your previous lifetimes as well as characteristics from personalities from other souls."

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation03.html

It also reminds me of the below from Ron Krueger's NDE:

"Directly in front of me, but slightly below, stood a group of spirits: less than 100, but more than 50. Each spirit had an identity of sorts, but they were part of each other–a single entity, a single awareness, all part of a single force. In the center of the front row were three oriental women. I realized that all of the spirits comprising the entity were my past lives, and that the oriental women were my most recent lives.

Their faces were clearly humanoid, but from their shoulders down, their forms blurred gradually. Their arms and legs dissolved near their ends. Hovering on the same level, in rows, they seemed loosely joined at the shoulders. Their identities were of both sexes and all nationalities. None were deceased relatives, and I recognized none of them from my recent life.

Each of the spirits had lived once, but the truth and experience and wisdom of each lifetime was integral to the entire group. When each soul returned, their lives were absorbed by all, so there where no distinctions between thoughts and attitudes within the group. Each of them shared completely every experience and every knowledge of every lifetime into a single conscience. Like spices and other ingredients added to a Mulligan Stew, each added to the mix, but the resulting flavor was one. I was them, and they were me. There were all of my past, and they were my present.

They communicated with me as one, not with words, but by a kind of telepathy. Every thought, whether it was one simple emotion or volumes of information, came packaged with instant and complete understanding. No message could suffer misinterpretation, the problems of syntax, or the variance of intelligence."

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/ron_k's_nde.htm

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2014 at 9:49pm

Thanks so much for responding Albert.  The excerpt from Ron Krueger's NDE was exceptionally helpful!  You da man.   Wink

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2014 at 12:05pm

You're welcome.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2014 at 7:31am

At the pace that these responses are flying in looks like I'm better off reading the books again  Cheesy

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2014 at 12:24pm

Wow, you're up early.

Unless a person has a really good memory, he (or she) would have to read Ultimate Journey again in order to have an accurate accounting of how it speaks of reincarnation throughout the book.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2014 at 1:56pm

I'm on Brazil time Wink

I remember there being quite a few members who were rather big fans of Monroe's work, naming their handles after him and even basing their view of life and the afterlife on the man's work and findings.  Figured one of these folks may have had the scoop, or thought perhaps someone had simply read the book more recently than I have.  But no worries.   Smiley

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - May 21st, 2014 at 9:22am

Hi I have often proposed a sort of cosmic "Superconsciousness" from which we humans get sudden insights, knowledge and understanding of say advanced physics, medical treatments or even visions of other afterlife realms.

Maybe Monroe's "Oversoul could be equated to my idea of a Superconsciousness, a sort of cosmic internet where everything about everything in stored and linked to everything else.

My idea of a Superconsciousness, is not that it is God or the ultimatum Source, but the oversoul/universal consciousness or Super-mind of our particular universe, which in my opinion is  most likely only one  among countless others that make up all of existence.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.