Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Music Box (Read 19384 times)
Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: The Music Box
Reply #30 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 1:28pm

Quote:
I don't know, but Nanci doesn't seem like a person who would allow a publisher to tell her what to write. I'm not saying that you were speaking of her specifically.

Correct.  I wasn't speaking of Nanci specifically, but I'd include her as a possibility because at least according to my kid, who's worked in this field for nearly 20 years now, if a new author wants a book deal, the publisher's terms are the way it will be, unless of course the author is well known and established, then some negociation would be possible.  I suppose it could depend on the publisher as well, but aren't they all in it to sell books?

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #31 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 1:39pm

Thank you for the clarification.

Lights of Love wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 1:28pm:
Quote:
I don't know, but Nanci doesn't seem like a person who would allow a publisher to tell her what to write. I'm not saying that you were speaking of her specifically.

Correct.  I wasn't speaking of Nanci specifically, but I'd include her as a possibility because at least according to my kid, who's worked in this field for nearly 20 years now, if a new author wants a book deal, the publisher's terms are the way it will be, unless of course the author is well known and established, then some negociation would be possible.  I suppose it could depend on the publisher as well, but aren't they all in it to sell books?

K

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #32 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 4:02am

As the editor of Skeptics Magazine, Michael Schermer is arguably the most familiar American spokesmen for skepticism.  But his skepticism was rocked to its core by a paranormal wedding day experience that is similar to Jim's Music Box synchronicity.  Read Schermer's own account below:

http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/michael-shermer-has-a-paranormal-experienc...

IP Logged

TheDonald

ALK Member

Reply #33 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:08pm

This comment is a follow-up to skeptic Michael Schermer's paranormal experience on his wedding day.  One of the unexpected aspects of Kathryn Kuhlman's healing meetings in the LA Shrine Auditorium was the fact that skeptics present often received the greatest healings.  For example, one skeptic brought his deformed young son to her meeting and received dematerialized hips in that meeting, so that he now could walk for the first time.  The skeptical father was converted through that miracle.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.