Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The Music Box (Read 19374 times)
Berserk2

The Music Box
Apr 11th, 2014 at 9:31pm

This experience is standard ADC stuff, but I share it because I just heard it from a parishioner last week.
Jim's mother died, and while he was mourning, the jeweled music box in the living room unexpectedly began to play on its own.  This had never happened before and it was very meaningful to Jim, who was still grieving over his son's suicide.  The music box had been given to Jim as a Christmas present from his Mom; so the synchronicity was interpreted as a  reassuring message from his recently deceased Mom.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: The Music Box
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 1:42am

Yeah there are so many of these smaller but personally significant stories around, I say smaller as it is shorter than say the Nanci Dannison story, but not smaller to Jim!

IP Logged

carl

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 2:26am

Berserk2 wrote on Apr 11th, 2014 at 9:31pm:
This experience is standard ADC stuff, but I share it because I just heard it from a parishioner last week.
Jim's mother died, and while he was mourning, the jeweled music box in the living room unexpectedly began to play on its own.  This had never happened before and it was very meaningful to Jim, who was still grieving over his son's suicide.  The music box had been given to Jim as a Christmas present from his Mom; so the synchronicity was interpreted as a  reassuring message from his recently deceased Mom. 

Don. This is one of the most, usually, 'dramatized', and typical episodes in which Christian, self-created, sub-conscious emotional imagery people, in which the originator seeks Love and Compassion for their dysfunctional and abusive childhood and teenage hurt...Blessings and Love in Christ   Carl

IP Logged

carl

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 2:51am

Berserk2 wrote on Apr 11th, 2014 at 9:31pm:

And Don! Usually, we have a spinning ballerina on a glass surface, with classical music playing in its chimed-pianola type inner workings...This 'scenario' has been written in many emotional fictional books and movies..At least, try to be original next time! Blessings and Love in Christ. Carl   

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 1:31pm

Carl:

Why do you get so much pleasure in being mean to others? Perhaps there is a better way.

You're just being sarcastic when you say "Blessings and Love in Christ." Right?

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 1:55pm

recoverer,

carl is revealing his own desperation to trivialize any confirmation of the afterlife, regardless of how irrational it is for him to dismiss eyewitness testimony from those he doesn't eve know.  That way, he can keep his philosophical horizons narrow and insipid.  In fact, Jim's ADC ignited a fresh spiritual quest that lifted him out of his depression and cynicism resulting from his son's suicide.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2014 at 4:39pm

Mind and spirit are real.  Love is real.  Jim's interpretation of a reassuring message is the point of it all.  You want to see proof in the physical world of that which is beyond physical phenomenon.  If all that is real, is all you can see/touch/see/or hear, then what restricted beliefs we have. 

Carl signs his posts with Blessings and Love in Christ.  Was it not Christ who encouraged faith and belief in that which can not see or touch?  When he healed, the ill person had to believe, that even touching his garment would heal them.  According to the NT, JC then looked at the person and said "go, now; your faith has made you whole."  Faith in love, and God and spirit - unseen, unsubstantiated in a purely physical world.  The faith in things unseen yet believed. 

So yes, you can rationalize that the synchronicity of the music box was a coincidence.  But to Jim it had meaning.  For him there was a confident knowing that there was a message there.  That confidence and faith began to heal him in his grief, in a manner no different from what JC was referring to.  Is this a verification in the physical world?  Perhaps, but it is weak evidence at least just on a physical world basis.  Nevertheless, it worked for Jim. 

M

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2014 at 3:16am

Carl, I think you've made your point that you regard such things as 'flim-flam': wishful and delusional thinking, deriving perhaps from some unmet childhood need; but what would you consider to be real, undeniable evidence? Or do you set the bar of evidence so high that nothing could ever reach its standards and threaten your worldview...

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 12:48am

In my view nothing we can read, or study, not reading every book ever published, not a chat with Jesus Christ Himself, can change our beliefs about things in the Great Unknown.  Only our own direct experience can sometimes have enough power to open our awareness beyond its belief-blocked perception.

Bruce

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 2:29pm

Hi Bruce,

I agree that nothing beats direct personal experience but isn't it a bit of a 'chicken and egg' situation when entrenched beliefs block the experience which in turn reinforces the entrenched beliefs etc.? Might it not be the case that the reading or study 'primes the pump' to perception just enough to make the experience possible which in turn really changes the belief?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 5:56pm

This subject came up a while ago, but related to what Bruce said on his last post, I have two friends that know me to be sane and trustworthy, yet despite some of the experiences I told them about, they still doubt the existence of the Spirit World because of a lack of their own experience.

Regarding the chicken or egg coming first, I believe it is a matter of having an open mind and allowing yourself to find out in some way. As long as you are free to discern the evidence that is presented to you, why be afraid of learning something that contradicts your current beliefs?

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2014 at 10:03pm

heisenberg69 wrote on Apr 15th, 2014 at 2:29pm:
Might it not be the case that the reading or study 'primes the pump' to perception?

Heisenburg69,

I agree, reading and studying can be part of the process leading to belief-changing experience.

The "chicken and egg" can be a tough one to get around, but in my experience there is a way.  It turns out that just placing intent to "have experiences that conflict with my beliefs" can do it.  It asks our Helpers to guide us to a path of belief challenging experiences.  Lots of those little "window of opportunity experiences."  The story of "Grandma and the Skunk" from my second book is an example of that kind o experience.

Thanks for the thought provoker.

Bruce

IP Logged

carl

Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 12:34am

Berserk2 wrote on Apr 12th, 2014 at 1:55pm:
recoverer,

carl is revealing his own desperation to trivialize any confirmation of the afterlife, regardless of how irrational it is for him to dismiss eyewitness testimony from those he doesn't eve know.  That way, he can keep his philosophical horizons narrow and insipid.  In fact, Jim's ADC ignited a fresh spiritual quest that lifted him out of his depression and cynicism resulting from his son's suicide.   

I just wondered why Don's "melodramatic music box revelation", which has been previously seen in so many "fictional episodes in many books, TV series, and movies, mostly TV movies." added here? ..Why not have the author-person of this above 'revelation', log on here and verify it?!

You know, and I know, this is not going to happen!!!..Quote from you: " In fact, Jim's ADC ignited a fresh spiritual quest that lifted him out of his depression and cynicism resulting from his son's suicide.    [/quote]

Is your past girlfriends suicide, a mental and emotional unresolved(sub-conscious)catalyst for these above posts of yours? ...I'm sorry, and much apologies..Blessings and Love in Christ   Carl         

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:29am

Bruce and Recoverer,

I think that those are valuable tools but I guess that those methods require some receptiveness to begin with: a real 'Richard Dawkins' type wouldn't accept the reality of helpers to place the intent with in the first instance! However the kind of peer-reviewed stuff coming out of Windbridge and the Stephen Braude study of physical mediumship I placed in another thread maybe, just maybe grease the cogs a little for confirmed (but honest) sceptics. I understand that most people on this site are way beyond needing or wanting those types of validations but other people, particularly in the scientific or technological fields may not be. I don't really see the personal direct experience methods and academic studies as competing with each other- just maybe aimed at people at different parts of the journey...
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2014 at 2:21pm by heisenberg69 »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2014 at 1:02pm

Regarding people on this site, Bruce wrote in his books that it took a while for him to be convinced that he was having spiritiual experiences that were real.

I also found that it can take time to get over one's old way of thinking. When I would have an experience it would seem real, but afterwards my old way of thinking would cause me to have doubt.

After a while all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together in a way where I became certain of what I was experiencing non-physically.

The same type of learning process takes place in this World. Consider a newborn baby. This baby's Mom keeps visiting this baby yet at first it doesn't know that this lady is its Mom. It isn't until it has a chance to make use of its abilit to remember and learn that it becomes certain that this lady is its Mom.

To some extent the same is true when making contact with the Spirit World. A person might need time in order to become certain of what is taking place.

This can be so even if one had an experience (s) where one was certain of the reality of what took place as it occured.

Heck, there are some spirits that need time in order to determine that they are no longer inhabiting a physical body. Perhaps Dawkins will be confused after his body dies.

heisenberg69 wrote on Apr 16th, 2014 at 3:29am:
Bruce and Recoverer,

I think that those are valuable tools but I guess that those methods require some receptiveness to begin with: a real 'Richard Dawkins' type wouldn't accept the reality of helpers to place the intent with in the first instance! However the kind of peer-reviewed stuff coming out of Windbridge and the Stephen Braunde study of physical mediumship I placed in another thread maybe, just maybe grease the cogs a little for confirmed (but honest) sceptics. I understand that most people on this site are way beyond needing or wanting those types of validations but other people, particularly in the scientific or technological fields may not be. I don't really see the personal direct experience methods and academic studies as competing with each other- just maybe aimed at people at different parts of the journey...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.