Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Odd request from Bruce (Read 12452 times)
a channel
Ex Member

Re: Odd request from Bruce
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 6:51pm

seagull wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 at 5:44pm:
I raise an objection to the continuous preaching on this site.  It is a stated objective of at least one person who posts regularly that he views himself as on a mission, and that is clearly not the purpose of this site nor is it allowed. Of course people must speak to their beliefs at times, which is not what I am talking about.

I will leave permenently then.  I have a lot of packing and dehydrating to do anyways.  Fare thee well.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 7:18pm

Oh, don't leave in a huff. Just, could you tone it down a little? I won't mention it again.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2014 at 10:27pm

I really do have a lot to do, need to get my butt into gear, and shouldn't be wasting my time here posting and reading.  Guess i needed a catalyst to get my butt into gear. 

Thank you for being a needed catalyst for me.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #18 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 11:11am

Quote:
One of the more helpful methods that I have used to receive information is to make a request/prayer/affirmation intention of, "please bring to my conscious awareness that which would be most helpful for me and/or the Whole to become aware of now."

Not only does it avoid front loading, its the exploring equivalent of one of the highest teachings on the Earth, "Not my will, but the will of Source/purely Creative Forces be done."

aChannel,

That's a great statement of intent!  Avoids front loading, states your desire, very good!

Quote:

Not only does it avoid front loading, its the exploring equivalent of one of the highest teachings on the Earth, "Not my will, but the will of Source/purely Creative Forces be done."

There's your front loading.  "Not my will . . . " places a limit on what you allow yourself to believe.  That limit is what you "believe" Source, etc. will allow.  I feel you are negating the first part of your intent statement.  You might experiment with eliminating or changing the second part beginning with "Not my will".

I had to say, "I am willing to perceive in whatever ways are possible" before my perception opened,

Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #19 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 11:17am

seagull wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 at 5:44pm:
It is a stated objective of at least one person who posts regularly that he views himself as on a mission, and that is clearly not the purpose of this site nor is it allowed.

Seagull,

The Posting Guidelines allow "missions", what not allowed is basically being inconsiderate, offensive or too rude.  It's message is just, please play nice with others.

Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #20 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 11:23am

Quote:
I will leave permenently then.  I have a lot of packing and dehydrating to do anyways.  Fare thee well.

aChannel,

I'm sorry to see you're leaving, I am enjoying discussion with you.  Sorry one rude comment drove you away?  Sorry to see you go.

Bruce

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #21 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 11:26am

seagull wrote on Mar 27th, 2014 at 7:18pm:
Oh, don't leave in a huff. Just, could you tone it down a little? I won't mention it again.

Seagull,

Sometimes the Preachers get on my nerves too, but then I remember I'm ALWAYS preaching too, and just let it slide.

Bruce

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 12:34pm

<<Seagull,

Sometimes the Preachers get on my nerves too, but then I remember I'm ALWAYS preaching too, and just let it slide.

Bruce>>

Hi Bruce-

The problem is that there's a fine line between preaching and proselytizing.  It's rare to find someone who preaches who is not at the same time interested in others accepting his/her beliefs.  Preaching as an end in itself is no doubt rare among us humans!  And proselytizing is, of course, prohibited by the Guidelines.

I can understand Seagull's annoyance, the seemingly endless posts can be annoying. 

For me, as long as they are placed on the Off Topics forum, no harm no foul.  And in all fairness, most of them were.  Other than taking up some bandwidth, no one is forced to read them or to respond.

R
ps- I personally find the drop-down menus to be much more annoying than the poster!  Grin

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #23 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 1:11pm

I believe it is fine to be passionate about sharing information that is helpful to others; however, one needs to be detached with the results. If people are interested in what you say, great. If not, people will find what they need when they want it.

As I'm sure you know, I've written some things that people didn't appreciate it. I didn't do so with the expectation that the people who took part in the conversation had to accept what I said. I wrote it partly for the sake of what I consider to be true and important, and partly for whoever is interested.

It is fine to be helpful, but we need to understand that people don't need us to save them. Sometimes when within our hearts we truly care for others, we can forget about this important point.

Roger, I appreciate it when you say what you believe about a source such as ACIM. I don't believe it is good to have subjects that can't be discussed.

rondele wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 12:34pm:
<<Seagull,

Bruce>>

Hi Bruce-

The problem is that there's a fine line between preaching and proselytizing.  It's rare to find someone who preaches who is not at the same time interested in others accepting his/her beliefs.  Preaching as an end in itself is no doubt rare among us humans!  And proselytizing is, of course, prohibited by the Guidelines.

I can understand Seagull's annoyance, the seemingly endless posts can be annoying. 

For me, as long as they are placed on the Off Topics forum, no harm no foul.  And in all fairness, most of them were.  Other than taking up some bandwidth, no one is forced to read them or to respond.

R
ps- I personally find the drop-down menus to be much more annoying than the poster!  Grin

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #24 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 12:54am

Hi Bruce!

Since I've had at least a couple experiences that I believe were alien being related, what I'd like to know from an alien is how they travel in the physical world.  I'm very interested in inter-dimensional travel, worm holes, M-theory, anything that could explain how they do it.  Or maybe it's so advanced it's just by pure thought alone.  Also, what can they teach us about their technology and engineering?  That's the kinds of topics I'm always curious about.  I've had too many experiences with not enough explanation to feed my curiosity. 

As for animals, I'm curious how aware they are about psychic communication.  I know animals do this easily, more easily than us humans.  But how aware are they of it?  Also, some people believe that animals have group souls, not individual identities.  What can they tell us about animal souls and their soul plan/evolvement on earth?

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Reply #25 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 5:52am

What do you do?

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #26 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 4:55am

Bruce Moen wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 12:05pm:
To All,

Exploring the Afterlife develops perceptual skills that can be used to explore many, maybe any, areas of Consciousness.  I am working on a new workshop and I need some help from forum members. 

As part of a sort of "let's pretend" exercise:

If you could watch a TV program where a real news reporter is doing a real interview with a real space alien, what would you want the news reporter to ask them or have them tell about?

And then, the same type of news interview with an animal, like a dolphin, cat, dog, a Killer Whale in captivity, a zoo animal, or take your pick of animal.

Probably sounds like an odd request, well, I guess it is  Roll Eyes 

Thanks,

Bruce 

Hi Bruce,

One of the first things I would ask an alien, is.

1) Do you have/had a Christ like redeemer on your planet?
2) Do you have a concept of sin, especially original sin.

If they say yes or no to these questions it might be the downfall of all religion on our planet.

Bruce, are you aware that the Roman Catholic Church is already making plans for greeting an alien, and the go as far as to suppose that some planet might not have fallen and become sinful as planet earth has.

Thus while we needed a Christ to save us on our planet , on their world this would not have been necessary because they would be beings without a sinful nature!

Blessings

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

2bets

ALK Member

SE USA
Reply #27 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 7:51am

Hi,
I would like to interview a dog (-:   Maybe one of your workshop participants can find out from canines ---

Do dogs have special intellects regarding spatial arrangements? When they are playing catch with a ball or frisbee how do they figure the arc of the object so they know where to run to catch it? (Border collies anyway.)
My terrier arranges his toys parallel or perpendicular to each other --what's that about? 
Often he puts this arrangement directly in the path of my husband's wheelchair, then sits back and watches them get run over. Is he studying the dynamics (or is he sadistic) ?

I would borrow and amend a question from Alan (above) -- do dogs have a spiritual guide or angel or spiritual goals?

And (with a nod to BobMoenroe, who earlier brought this up,) do dogs stay with us for food and shelter or out of fondness?

IP Logged

juditha02
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 5th, 2014 at 6:31pm

I would ask an alien

what do you think of the human race

what is your opinion of our space probes observing your planet

do you feel space probes are an invasion into your privacy

what's your opinion on human intellect

do you beleive that that the spirit survives death

were you human on this earth plain in a past life

do you belive we are all one..connected with the vast universe

do you believe in the quantum theory

did you build the Egyptian pyramids as I don't believe they were designed or built by human hand

do you walk among us on earth at times observing human behaviour

do you believe in the divine spirit..our loving god

just some questions I would ask an alien if I met one bruce...love juditha x

IP Logged

wade

centreville Virginia
Reply #29 - Jul 3rd, 2014 at 5:26pm

ello,ello,
   The Alien; Well, I would want to ask can you help us save our planet? Can you help us find another planet? And Will you help us build starships to travel the galaxy.
   As for a dog I would ask how he is? How he would like to live? How can we make his life better. Same with a cat? A orca, How bad is the ocean become since your birth?

Wade

I AM....
zoogieman  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.