Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
My meditation this morning (Read 18161 times)
seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Re: My meditation this morning
Reply #30 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 8:57pm

Recoverer,

Yes, you said it, "cannot" make a mistake. Somewhere.

Regarding retirement, I'm not sure I will ever retire. A lot of folks I have seen retire weren't happy or died shortly thereafter. Having meaningful work is a great blessing in life. If you feel that your work is meaningful, that you do something which is needed and that you are the right person in that job, maybe it's a good thing for you. If you are just there because you are "holding out" until you can leave, I'm not sure that is always the best path in life. Only you can know, and you will surely find out.

I do hope you make it to the Expo, and that you enjoy some new experiences and talk to good people.

No, you are not making excuses -- you are just being you.

Can you go into a bit more detail about your method for retrievals and how you got started with doing that?

Can you describe some of your retrievals so that I and others can fully understand what it is that you are doing?

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #31 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:15pm

Words can be misread or the intent behind them misinterpreted.  I just read Dude's remarks and I understand the confusion.  He earnestly meant what he said, yet some of the phrasing and comments could easily be read in a negative light.  Personally, I find that anything directed in either direction is often best done through a private message (but that is just a suggestion). 

Dude, as it happens, my own personal journey has taken me into a phase to both examine and deconstruct my ego-based thinking over the past year.  Perhaps one of the most difficult undertakings any of us can attempt to do or deal with (the ego doesn't give up easily).  So often our spiritual journeys, different though they may be,   hit some of the same obstacles to overcome.

Matthew

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #32 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:21pm

Seagull:

The work that I do is quite mundane. I view it as a way to pay the bills. I don't believe that I am in this World for my own sake. I'm here to provide the help I provide.

I help with retrievals in an energetic way. Stuck spirits first find me and then they find my connection to the light. Often I feel streams of energy as this process takes place. When I see the spirits with my eyes open they look like points of light. Sometimes I can hear them. I often feel their energy by me.

If their energy needs to be cleansed they merge with me so the light energy I'm connected to can cleanse them. Sometimes their energy feels bad at the beginning, but by the end of the cleansing period I feel love and peace.

As I said on an earlier post, going by the messages I received there are a lot of spirits that need help.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #33 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:25pm

Doc:

You are correct. The same can happen with emails. In a way it would've been better if the exchange was done via PM.  Whatever the case, I believe that both Dude and i will be okay.Smiley

DocM wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:15pm:
Words can be misread or the intent behind them misinterpreted.  I just read Dude's remarks and I understand the confusion.  He earnestly meant what he said, yet some of the phrasing and comments could easily be read in a negative light.  Personally, I find that anything directed in either direction is often best done through a private message (but that is just a suggestion). 

Dude, as it happens, my own personal journey has taken me into a phase to both examine and deconstruct my ego-based thinking over the past year.  Perhaps one of the most difficult undertakings any of us can attempt to do or deal with (the ego doesn't give up easily).  So often our spiritual journeys, different though they may be,   hit some of the same obstacles to overcome.

Matthew

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #34 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:49pm

My further questions are included within the quote. Thank you for your time and your responses. I think it is important for people to understand.

recoverer wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:21pm:
Seagull:

The work that I do is quite mundane. I view it as a way to pay the bills. I don't believe that I am in this World for my own sake. I'm here to provide the help I provide.

Seagull responds (see, I copy you!): Okay. It seems that the woman you talked with who had the emotional reaction to what you said was willing to have a more personal relationship with you, so maybe she is not the only one. Just a thought.

I help with retrievals in an energetic way. Stuck spirits first find me and then they find my connection to the light. Often I feel streams of energy as this process takes place. When I see the spirits with my eyes open they look like points of light. Sometimes I can hear them. I often feel their energy by me.

Seagull responds: When you hear them, what do they say? I guess I am asking for a more "individual" account of what you are experiencing rather than a generalized one. When did you realize you could do this, and how did that come about?

If their energy needs to be cleansed they merge with me so the light energy I'm connected to can cleanse them. Sometimes their energy feels bad at the beginning, but by the end of the cleansing period I feel love and peace.

Seagull responds: What do you mean by "cleansed?" Why is it that they don't just go "into" the light? Why is this process necessary?

As I said on an earlier post, going by the messages I received there are a lot of spirits that need help.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #35 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 10:07pm

Seagull:

My comments can be found within brackets below.

seagull wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:49pm:
My further questions are included within the quote. Thank you for your time and your responses. I think it is important for people to understand. [I don't believe that the way I help with retrievals is for everybody. Each person has his or her way.]

Seagull:

Seagull responds (see, I copy you!): Okay. It seems that the woman you talked with who had the emotional reaction to what you said was willing to have a more personal relationship with you, so maybe she is not the only one. Just a thought.

[During the past 5 years there have been 4 women at my work that showed an interest in me including the above lady. I couldn't sense that our life purposes are compatible and I didn't want to get involved with them only to have things not work out in the end.  It would we be nice if we could just be friends, but sometimes people are all or nothing. The lady above is a fairly open minded Evangelical Christian. I don't believe I can tell her about everything that takes place in my life. It might be a bit much for her.]

Seagull responds: When you hear them, what do they say? I guess I am asking for a more "individual" account of what you are experiencing rather than a generalized one. When did you realize you could do this, and how did that come about?

[This is a long story. I started doing retrievals the Bruce Moen way. Then I switched to my way. At first I didn't understand what was happening, but eventually my spirit guidance let me know in various ways. Only the unfriendly retrieved spirits say things and what they say isn't nice. Other wise I hear the noises that are made by the non-human spirits that are helped.]

Seagull responds: What do you mean by "cleansed?" Why is it that they don't just go "into" the light? Why is this process necessary?

[It isn't necessary for all spirits, just some. The spirits that are really caught up in a state of darkness and confusion need to be cleansed so they can open up to the positive influence of the light.]

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #36 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:51am

My comments are within the quoted text as "Seagull responds (2), replying to your brackets. I hope you don't mind my questions but you spend a lot of time talking to people here and advising people here so I think it is fair to ask this of you. Please don't take any of my comments as criticism of you personally.

recoverer wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 10:07pm:
Seagull:

My further questions are included within the quote. Thank you for your time and your responses. I think it is important for people to understand. [I don't believe that the way I help with retrievals is for everybody. Each person has his or her way.]

Seagull:

[During the past 5 years there have been 4 women at my work that showed an interest in me including the above lady. I couldn't sense that our life purposes are compatible and I didn't want to get involved with them only to have things not work out in the end.  It would we be nice if we could just be friends, but sometimes people are all or nothing. The lady above is a fairly open minded Evangelical Christian. I don't believe I can tell her about everything that takes place in my life. It might be a bit much for her.]

(Seagull responds (2): I don't tell people I work with everything and I generally don't discuss spiritual or political matters. What I do is let my interactions be natural and friendly and based on what they are interested in that day. Simple things. That's all that's really needed and builds a friendly rapport over time. No one I know wants to be all wrapped up in other people's lives if they are busy at work and they have their own interests. I think that's fine. I'm not saying that people at work can meet your needs in a larger, more personal way, just that the work environment could possibly be improved by simple pleasantries and a genuine interest in others which doesn't cross the boundaries of what they consider "normal" interactions.)

[This is a long story. I started doing retrievals the Bruce Moen way. Then I switched to my way. At first I didn't understand what was happening, but eventually my spirit guidance let me know in various ways. Only the unfriendly retrieved spirits say things and what they say isn't nice. Other wise I hear the noises that are made by the non-human spirits that are helped.]

(Seagull responds (2): That wasn't a long story at all....Are you hearing voices as if a person or entity is actually next to you in the room or are you "sensing" voices during deep meditation? Some people speak as if they can do retrievals while sitting at a lunch counter having a sandwich -- or I seem to recall Bruce Moen writing that he could after a while, that he didn't have to always be in a "proper" meditative state. I personally have not been able to do that. I don't often do retrievals, as I find it to be an experimental activity, a learning process. I don't understand why someone would spend so much time doing that because I don't understand why someone would believe their purpose in life here on earth is to spend so much of it involved in this kind of afterlife activity.)

[It isn't necessary for all spirits, just some. The spirits that are really caught up in a state of darkness and confusion need to be cleansed so they can open up to the positive influence of the light.]

(Seagull responds (2): What do you mean by "cleansed?" Is it a process? I'm trying to understand what you are actually doing. You have spent years on this forum and not shared individual retrieval experiences here. I am not saying that you must, but you are on Bruce Moen's forum and if you are advising people on an almost daily basis and at times being quite active debating them it would seem important, in my view, for you to expand on your own individual activities so that people would know where you are coming from. Otherwise they might assume you are doing Bruce Moen's method. Actually, it must be very confusing for people who come here to read all this material on these forums and not know who is actually doing what, how it is related to Bruce Moen's materials, or what people's personal motivations are here.

Regarding using other methods, I also started out with Bruce Moen's actual cds, which are great, and they cover some different kinds of meditations. However, I found his retrieval recording to be a bit too fast paced for me and, once I knew the method, I found that I could do this using other meditation aids. However, as I said, it has never involved a significant amount of my time and never will. If it interferes with other things which might enrich your life, that might be something to consider.)

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:53am by seagull »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #37 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 12:46pm

Seagull:

Please see responses within <>.

seagull wrote on Apr 24th, 2014 at 3:51am:
My comments are within the quoted text as "Seagull responds (2), replying to your brackets. I hope you don't mind my questions but you spend a lot of time talking to people here and advising people here so I think it is fair to ask this of you. Please don't take any of my comments as criticism of you personally.

<Gee, I hope you don't have the impression that I am that skin thinned. Please don't mistake speaking up for myself as defensiveness. Shouldn't we be able to speak up for ourselves? On this thread both Dude and I did so. I believe this is okay. That said, and to balance things out, no, I'm not beyond getting insulted.>

recoverer wrote on Apr 23rd, 2014 at 10:07pm:
Seagull:

Seagull:

(Seagull responds (2): I don't tell people I work with everything and I generally don't discuss spiritual or political matters. What I do is let my interactions be natural and friendly and based on what they are interested in that day. Simple things. That's all that's really needed and builds a friendly rapport over time. No one I know wants to be all wrapped up in other people's lives if they are busy at work and they have their own interests. I think that's fine. I'm not saying that people at work can meet your needs in a larger, more personal way, just that the work environment could possibly be improved by simple pleasantries and a genuine interest in others which doesn't cross the boundaries of what they consider "normal" interactions.)

<Because I wrote a couple of books and have an internet site I told a couple of people I work with that I did so. It seemed funny to not say anything. If they look at my books and site they would find out that I communicate with spirits, so I figured that I might as well tell them. It was also a matter of helping two of the ladies that were interested in me understand why I am not available in the usual way.  While I am in bed the spirits I help come to me.  How many women would be comfortable with this? Plus energetically I can't be connected to a lady while I help with retrievals. For me, being able to provide such service is more important than any pleasure-based thing I could do.>

(Seagull responds (2): That wasn't a long story at all....Are you hearing voices as if a person or entity is actually next to you in the room or are you "sensing" voices during deep meditation? Some people speak as if they can do retrievals while sitting at a lunch counter having a sandwich -- or I seem to recall Bruce Moen writing that he could after a while, that he didn't have to always be in a "proper" meditative state. I personally have not been able to do that. I don't often do retrievals, as I find it to be an experimental activity, a learning process. I don't understand why someone would spend so much time doing that because I don't understand why someone would believe their purpose in life here on earth is to spend so much of it involved in this kind of afterlife activity.)

<I can hear them without being in a deep state of meditation. I pretty much feel connected to my spirit self even as I walk around. I'd like to add that even though on an earlier post I wrote that I hear what unfriendly spirits say, I can also hear what friendly spirits say. But not more than a sentence at a time. Friendly spirits mainly communicate to me with symbolic visual images. Sometime they communicate to me as a retrieval takes place so I'll better understand what is going on.>

(Seagull responds (2): What do you mean by "cleansed?" Is it a process? I'm trying to understand what you are actually doing. You have spent years on this forum and not shared individual retrieval experiences here. I am not saying that you must, but you are on Bruce Moen's forum and if you are advising people on an almost daily basis and at times being quite active debating them it would seem important, in my view, for you to expand on your own individual activities so that people would know where you are coming from. Otherwise they might assume you are doing Bruce Moen's method. Actually, it must be very confusing for people who come here to read all this material on these forums and not know who is actually doing what, how it is related to Bruce Moen's materials, or what people's personal motivations are here.

<I started out with Bruce's method, but eventually switched to the method I use. For some helped spirits negative thought energy gets cleansed by light energy. This enables a stuck spirits vibration to increase enough so it can perceive a higher level of being. Bruce wrote of such cleansing when he wrote about Sylvia getting cleansed. When I read that portion of Bruce's book my spirit guidance had gold light appear over the words so I would receive a confirmation of how I help. I guess you can say that I channel positive energy.

I don't write about this much at this forum because for one I am not completely free of the ego tendency of wanting to brag.  I make a point of keeping in mind that I wouldn't be able to help in the way I do if it wasn't for the higher levels of being that are involved in the process. I keep in mind how very fortunate I am to being living the kind of life I am living. I keep in mind how less fortunate the spirits I help are, and how they are making a bigger contribution to the process the Oneness is going through because they've taken on more difficult incarnations than I have taken on. I keep it in mind how much help I have received from my spirit guidance.

Despite the fact that I am alone much of the time I feel that I am a very fortunate person. Fortune wise I rate my life a 10. While in this World we can't expect everything to be perfect, so I'll deal with the being alone part. In a way it is good that I am alone much of the time because this fact provides my Soul with a challenge. It has provided me with more motivation to find out where love really comes from.>

Regarding using other methods, I also started out with Bruce Moen's actual cds, which are great, and they cover some different kinds of meditations. However, I found his retrieval recording to be a bit too fast paced for me and, once I knew the method, I found that I could do this using other meditation aids. However, as I said, it has never involved a significant amount of my time and never will. If it interferes with other things which might enrich your life, that might be something to consider.)

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #38 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:20pm

Recoverer, the part of my advice I was referring to in which I believe you could benefit from was regarding the ego's influence on one's thoughts and actions and engaging in mindfulness practices to eliminate suffering caused by the ego's delusions, as is apparent by your admittance that you had a reactive response to my post, rather than a clear and balanced response.  This is an obvious sign of an unruly ego, although I could be wrong. 

My logic and knowledge of psychology tell me that the ones who would emerge with an overly defensive position would most likely be the same ones that were most guilty of the behavior being confronted- in this case, excessive ego drives- causing the person to react in opposition to an image that it doesn't want to be associate with, an image contrary to the illusions put in place by the ego.  Those with less attachment to ego identity are not so much worried about what others think, especially when they are not being personally called out, as no one here was.  It may appear in a way that your actions have confirmed what your words denied. 

I believe my words are applicable to everyone, myself included, as I am in the process of living them out, and I am far from achieving the end goal of liberation from ego attachments and suffering.  That being said, results only come with properly channeled effort, and if one continues to channel their energy into unwholesome avenues of expression, it will only yield impermanent quick fixes of ego gratification, an illusory veil over the underlying suffering giving rise to these reactions and attachments.  As you said, Matthew, this is perhaps one of the most difficult challenges in one's journey of personal growth, and probably one of the most important ones. 

Recoverer, if you set your ego aside and really read what I wrote, perhaps you may see it more clearly.  I suggest you look past the imagined superiority and put downs, and into the heart of my message.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #39 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 6:57pm

Dude:

Even if I did respond to your post in an inaccurate way, perhaps it is a mistake to conclude by this occurrence that I need the help you suggest.

I believe it is much wiser for me to view my life as a whole, rather than judge according to one incident.

Do you actually believe that you have a handle on what my ego drives are like?

A person can have some reactiveness without having a big ego problem. I'm not going to put on a facade of being Mr. Meek.

A lot of the ego theories that are out there don't mean much to me. Years of experience has shown me that some of them come from people who are anything but egoless.

Doc said: "He earnestly meant what he said, yet some of the phrasing and comments could easily be read in a negative light." I don't believe Doc was misled by ego when he came to this conclusion. Notice the word "easily."

My friend found the same before you and I were going back and forth on this. I don't believe he was misled by his ego.

I'd like to add, in the past a couple of other people wrote posts stating that they believe they have wasted time here, and I thought it was insensitive for them to say such a thing. If a person wants to leave, fine, but don't make a statement that to some degree puts down forum participation when people who still want to use the forum read what you write.

You're really spinning if you don't see that you spoke of forum participation (an activity engaged in by people at this forum) in a negative way. The caveats you provided don't negate this fact.

If you didn't intend to say anything that could be construed to be putting down forum participation, fine. But at least take responsibility for the fact that you wrote some words that could be interpreted that way without a person being someone who has a big ego problem and needs to immediately start practicing the approach you present. Perhaps such a person already has a sufficient spiritual practice in place.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #40 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 7:55pm

Dude:

The "You're really spinning.." part just popped into my mind. Sorry if that is a bit harsh.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #41 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 7:24am

Albert,

Regarding wasting time on the forum.  Yes, I agree with your points.  Here people come to talk and exchange ideas.  I have learned from others, and I would like to think that I am open to learning more as a result of the discussions (I read Swedenborg thanks to Don, I read Backwards after Kathy's thread on Nanci Dansion, etc.).  Some comments are directed by our egos, for sure. 

OOBD's point about examining our own ego-related needs when we post is a form of "mindfulness," practiced by buddhists, and seen in different cultures and religions.  Sometimes, our ego wants us to "one up" someone who disagrees with our own view.  But yet, most of us have not conquered our own egos. 
How many christians fail to turn the other cheek?

That being said, I believe that most of the old-timer posters here are already practicing various forms of mindfulness.  To suggest that we begin to do so, as if any member is unaware, is just a bit, um......how shall I put it....".paternalistic," if not patronizing. 

But I reiterate what I said about OOBD; to me his post does speak in earnestness, and it really is likely that it was just some of the phrasing that made it seem otherwise.  But that is water under the bridge. 

Also, some of our exploration is going to be in activities that of course could be spent doing other things.  But to me, the idea of wasting time, would tie me in to unwasted time, but carried to it's logical conclusion, we might be watching the clock and tied to this linnear ticking, wondering if we could be doing something more useful.  Not my cup of tea.

M

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #42 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 8:45am

A lot of threads always turn into the same types of discussions instead of just staying on topic.  That's how debates start.  I enjoy the nature of forums in general but specifically enjoy this site.  I don't enjoy nor agree with everyone and everything shared here, but one thing I do enjoy no matter what the topic is or who is posting is seeing the tides.  People come and go, some change and come back, and some stay the same never seeming to grow or change yet they are still here.  Topics evolve or devolve in patterns and everyone is guilty of trying to put their own influence in.  Wherever a person is in his own spiritual path and growth is their own business and their own responsibility.  For the sake of having this forum Bruce has provided us, and for the sake of those of us who enjoy coming to read and chat, I love that we have the opportunity to share and learn from each other. 

I know I owe a lot to what I've learned over the years being here.  Even reading something I disagree with gets me thinking, moving, motivated to formulate my own ideas or seek out my own experiences.  I think that's the whole point of having a place like a forum to come to.  The diversity is one of the reasons we get personally motivated to seek our own growth. 

It's really unnecessary to talk about ego and drives and intentions about other people, to speculate how or why someone could be doing better or taking a higher road in their path.  I just enjoy discussion for the sake of discussion, not for the sake of trying to convince anyone of anything. 

But yes, sometimes it is necessary to debate and try to convince because that too is a big part of how personal growth works.  It's also nice to be able to share an experience that you're proud of having, whether or not everyone agrees with it being real or what it means.  I personally feel it would be nice to knock off the whole ego debate that always goes on here.  I rarely engage in it just because it's getting old.  Without egos and personalities and diversity in beliefs we really wouldn't have much stimulation nor reason for being here, here on the forum or here in this world.  The point of life is to experience, learn, have fun, feel, and grow.  You can't just be knowledgeable, experienced, advanced, spiritually evolved, or ego-free and pure without the opportunity of growth. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #43 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 12:38pm

Doc and Vicky:

I hope you don't mind me responding to both of your posts at the same time.

I also have learned from people at this forum. One time I went away a bit and my guidance suggested that I return.

Regarding some of the things I say that not everybody appreciates, I have good motives, and I am basically detached from the results, but not completely. The thought of earnest spiritual seekers being misled by misleading source pains me, but I should give more credence to the fact that there are occasions when Souls could use the lesson of being misled. I don't regret being misled by the gurus I used to be into. It was a learning experience. Plus, there could be occasions when I am wrong about a source

Regarding mindfullness, I read about such teachings in the 1980s. I practice it in my own way. I don't focus on ego a lot. Instead I try to find ways to live more completely according to love. If our heart is in good order, our ego should follow.  I think in terms of becomming a better me rather than a "no me."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.