Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NDERer talk (Read 4349 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

NDERer talk
Mar 18th, 2014 at 2:22pm

Perhaps some people will like what this Near Death Experiencer says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d7HRaKFgWw

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Re: NDERer talk
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 3:55pm

Interesting talk.  Agree with much of it.  I do think that most of the strongest probabilities involve complete collapse though.  However, there will be communities which will help folks. 

Little, local communities will also arise quickly and organically.  People with spiritual and environmental ideals will be involved with facilitating these.

Re: full collapse.  Nothing short of full collapse will take out and nullify the influence of those immensely wealthy and connected groups and individuals that have too much negative influence in this world (the ones who manufacture wars, who own mainstream media, who control the monies,  manipulate education, etc). 

In other words, we have to come to a point wherein printed money, nor gold or the like, doesn't mean anything or matter, for these to lose their power here--that is what their power and influence is based on.  Without it, there is little power and influence.

We will be forced to focus on the basics, food, shelter, community, nature. 

IP Logged

carl

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:03am

recoverer wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 2:22pm:
Perhaps some people will like what this Near Death Experiencer says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d7HRaKFgWw

Another North American Con-Artist who is well read on others NDE's! All you have to do for people to believe you is to put others near death-experiences, mixed into your NDE, which is nearly always false, but they will believe you because they have previous written 'NDE's', so called verifications from other NDE liars in your posts. Prove It!? Carl..Blessings and Love In Christ.      

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:20am

I don't know about that guy in particular, but a number of NDE'ers have medical records that back up their stories of dying or coming very close to same. 

But is that truly "proof" for others?  No, simply suggestive that they could have had those kinds of experiences. 

How can anyone "prove" their spiritual experiences to others?   

You sign off blessings and love in Christ, but how many people in today's world think that he (his life) was just a socio-political fabrication to control the masses?  This is a growing in popularity theory it seems.

There is some circumstantial evidence for his existence and life, but how do you really prove it?   In any case, no amount of evidence would really convince them otherwise, if they are stubborn in their views and aren't open to change.

Such is the nature of humanity.   And none of us, except him and those fully like him, are completely free of confirmation bias, perceptual blind spots, etc. 

Not even you Carl sees everything as it truly is, not possible unless you are fully like him. 

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:36am

Re: video nde accounts
Although I occasionally enjoy hearing these videos, I find it more helpful, personally, to read written accounts which are answers to the same set of questions by researchers. This helps me to see patterns in responses and to avoid some of the longer social "messages" which could be projections from these people's own belief systems.

I find specific answers to specific questions easier to understand and more believable, especially when read in sequence. There are several sites which are updated frequently and I take my own suppositions, for the most part, from them and not videotaped messages, book writers or public speakers.

I do enjoy reading some of the historical writings which are occasionally referenced here at this site, though. I'm not saying this or other accounts are useless, but I kind of agree with another poster on a different thread that some of the expanded accounts that people give are difficult to accept at face value.

I didn't really get much from this person except for a rather rambling account of his past and a tedious call for social action which doesn't say anything new or bring any real insight into social issues.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:29pm

Interesting take Seagull.  I too also like to look at this stuff from a more broad, holistic, and collective pool kind of way, but i still enjoy listening to individual accounts.

It's amazing how many similarities there are between so many NDE accounts, and yet definite differences too. 

Re: individual accounts, what do you think of Natalie Sudman's account?

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:49pm

I guess I don't really want to get into a point by point, NDE by NDE critique. I just wanted to make a general point.

And I may not be giving this person the credit he deserves. It's just my own impression.

I know that what is real for each experiencer is real for them, and I have no problem with them sharing what they know or feel to be true.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 3:32pm

True enough.  I do have to agree a bit with Carl a little here too though.  There are outright fakes, and also self deluded folks out there, whose experiences aren't true even for them.  There are cons in every area of human life, whether sales people, politics, religion, and yes even spiritual and new age. 

Personally, i don't get the impression that this guy is either in of these categories.  Feels sincere to me. 

But it might be wise to try to discern the more real experiences from the fakes and self deluded ones.  That is not always easy to do.  Sometimes one has to go within a bit and attune to their own guidance. 

I use to be very trusting and naive.  I took people at their word.  I did so, because i've always been a very honest and sincere person and naturally assumed others were too.   It took some painful lessons to see that this doesn't always apply.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:37pm

Sure, people make mistakes, from any perspective you might describe. It's happened to you, me and everyone at some time or another. But, I don't dwell on those kinds of things because it keeps me from moving forward. It's almost always better for me to take more responsibility for my own life and my own choices, good or bad -- "turning poison into medicine"  -- and leaving what doesn't work behind. Gotta go now, take care.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 7:01pm

Thank you for the replies. I don't have anyting to add because I ran into the video, wathched it, and then posted the link just in case anybody is interested.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 11:02pm

seagull wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:37pm:
Sure, people make mistakes, from any perspective you might describe. It's happened to you, me and everyone at some time or another. But, I don't dwell on those kinds of things because it keeps me from moving forward. It's almost always better for me to take more responsibility for my own life and my own choices, good or bad -- "turning poison into medicine"  -- and leaving what doesn't work behind. Gotta go now, take care.

I understand what you are saying, agree, and think it's a good general philosophy and approach. 

Sometimes, people carry wounds around, and usually fear and attachment is at the core of it.

I don't think this the case with me, for me, it's more of a detached pragmatism which includes even some caution.  The same kind of caution and pragmatism that says, "Don't step out in front of a bus moving at high speeds."   There will most likely be an obvious, not sought after or wanted, consequence if i do something like that. 

I think it's helpful to be aware of limiting or misleading forces, for similar reasons, but spiritually--and ultimately, i consider spirituality and ones spiritual growth much more important than anything else, even including the well being of the body. 

In my case, the last time this little probe was in the Earth, there were some not so loving people who wanted me out of the scene.  They came up with a pretty clever and manipulative plan to do so.  I fell for it, hook line and sinker.  This ending up causing not just me a lot of problems and pain, but also negatively affected many others because i was very involved with large groups at the time.

This could happen, because i was too trusting and naive when it came to people's dark side, or bigger dark forces outside of humans (who had had a hand in all this too).  I wasn't discerning enough.  If i had been, i wouldn't have let myself get hoodwinked.

For obvious reasons, i don't ever want to fall into another manipulative trap that leads me off the spiritual path or negatively affect others, and so i do spend some time trying to discern others intents, motivations, and quality of energy.  This and other experiences taught me a valuable lesson, don't ignore or repress the shadow side of reality.

There is a quote from Yeshua's teachings, which i think says it very well and sums it up nicely-- speaking to those who wanted to grow spiritually and be helpers to others: "Therefore, be wise* as serpents/snakes, but as harmless/innocent as doves."

*i think what was really meant, was not so much wise as we usually think of it, but more meant to be a combo of clever, shrewd, and aware/observant. There are those references again to serpents/snakes.  Shocked

IP Logged

2bets

ALK Member

SE USA
Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2014 at 8:00am

Seagull said "I kind of agree with another poster on a different thread that some of the expanded accounts that people give are difficult to accept at face value. "

The expanded versions that get more elaborate the more often the person retells their 'afterlife experiences' are often due to their Interpreter-functions trying to help along the brief or hazy impressions received by their Perceiver.

It's tricky. The experience has to be two-stage but to get the right balance can make the difference between between credible or foolish.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.