Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought. (Read 23095 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought.
Mar 9th, 2014 at 7:35pm

Eternity in heaven, scary thought!

By Alan McDougall

Thinking about eternity after death can be very scary indeed, while we all want to live in peace and joy forever after we die; the very unimaginable idea of everlasting eternity is daunting to our mortal understanding.

How would we occupy ourselves, for eternity, would one not become mind-blowingly bored with our heavily friends in a place of never ending, eternal happiness and peace, without any challenges after billions of years would become unpleasant like eating barrels of ice-cream.

Try to think the moment you die, you must go to a very new and strange place full of strangers no matter how pleasant they are. If God is going to wipe away every tear and supply all our needs, what then is left for us to do, in this heavenly realm of ecstatic bliss?

Eternity is a very long time. In fact, if you were to measure eternity it would take you forever to complete your measurement.

In fact, you would not be able to finish the measurement at all, because eternity has no ending. In fact, eternity does not have a beginning either.

Although of course, as I have explained so far, it would not actually take an eternity, it would just feel that way. For eternity is an incomprehensibly long time. It boggles the mind how one could even start to explain to someone how utterly and totally mind numbingly long eternity it simply goes on forever and ever, without ever ending.

A very much smaller unit of is the google year,
One ‘google’ year, is how much?  Lets take a number say 150,000,000,000 or in words a hundred and fifty billion years, compress or squeeze billion, billion , billion , billion , billion , billion , billion , billion, billion , billion , billion, billion, billion more years into all that time into the thickness of a single dollar note, times one billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion times over, and one-google years would give you a pile of money that reaches one hundred quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, quadrillion, light years high.

It would not even fit into a universe a billion, billion, billion, and times larger than our own immense universe.

How small fleeting and insignificant we are we are?

One google year, that’s truly staggering, totally beyond anything, a human can comprehend.

Nevertheless, is infinitely small when compared to eternity.

Lets take the example of a small bird sharpening its beak on  peak of mount Everest, but only once every zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion,, zillion, zillion, zillion, zillion ,zillion, google years,

When the mountain is completely worn down, the first moment of eternity would not yet have occurred.

Alan  Wink

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Yvvak

ALK Member

Re: Eternity in the Afterlife can be a scary thought.
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:34pm

Alan,
I completely agree with you on the truly incomprehensible concept of eternity and the fear it brings when one tries to grasp it, even when it hides behind the veil of endless bliss. I honestly have no idea how there could be enough scenarios to occupy an eternal timeline, so I just remain hopeful that there are beings far beyond my intelligence and wisdom that can make some sense of something that has and will continue to baffle me.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 8:47pm

Alan:

I've enjoyed eating chocolate chip cookies my entire life without ever getting tired of them. If I ate them all the time I probably would.

Perhaps the "horrible"  Wink monotony of perfect love, peace and joy occasionally gets broken up by events that continue to be enjoyable as long as you don't over induge in them. Events that are even more enjoyable than eating chocolate chip cookies. (Cookie Monster says, "No!"  Angry )

It could be that pretty much everything in this World eventually gets boring because the enjoyment such things lead to couldn't possibly match the fullness and completeness that is obtained when one returns to God/Source.

Notice that I wrote "returns" rather than "merged." I don't believe that God eats us up like the Cookie Monster eats cookies. This is because the way God loves us is different than how the Cookie Monster loves cookies.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 9:28pm

Alan,

If we are spiritual beings who have our memories wiped so to speak in order to be born into human bodies, perhaps that is one of a myriad of ways to deal with our immortality; we are born, for a measly human lifespan into a mortal form.  We forget, for a while, that we are immortal.  Our reactions are then the reactions of an animal that is much more humble than an immortal.  Perhaps that is one reason we do it. 

It is said that time does not exist in the afterlife.  I believe that to be true.  We don't mark time on a clock.  We live there by thought, which is more concerned with a change from one state to another.  The change of state of our soul is a type of time, in a timeless realm.  Would we get bored with this?  Well, do we get bored in earth life? 

I suppose it all depends on how interested we are in exploring new paradigms and new frontiers.  I have heard it said that Bruce and others encountered souls appearing as statues - soul statues - people who, in spirit form believed that the afterlife was a long sleep, so they chose to be inactive for a while.  But the idea was, that even these inactive souls could and would awaken when the conditions were right. 

M

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2014 at 9:55pm

Hi Matthew and Recoverer,

I think that as mortal earthly beings, the thought of existing/living forever could be a scary to  many of us, but living somewhere and somewhen in the afterlife is a much less frightening thought than ceasing to exist the moment my die. I would prefer to exist forever, but only if that existence had meaning, purpose, joy peace and lover etc. The idea of a hell scares many folk leading them to a bondage to some religious dogma.

I am sure in the afterlife, time as we know it, does not exist, and somehow there is movement, without the flow of time or entropy , a sort of ever changing moment

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:07pm

Alan,

Your concern about becoming bored when faced with the reality of knowing you are living in eternity.

That's why I often say that I am here in this place we call physical reality, "on vacation from eternity."   Here we are still living in eternity, but most people don't realize that.

After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinion) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning.

So, settle back.  Relax a little and enjoy your vacation, is how I look at lifetimes Here.

"Last incarnation" or "never coming back here" or "never reincarnating again!"  many folks say.  "Nonsense" I respond, even eternity in heaven can get boring!

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:27pm

Bruce said: "After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinion) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning."

Recoverer responds: "When I was a kid I was a Catholic but I stopped believing in such a way when I was in Jr. High School. One of the reasons I stopped doing so is because I thought "how could there be a day when God created everything if time is not only infinite in the future but also the past." Or in other words, how did the day ever arrive when the Universe was created?

Of course, the Universe was created, so the day did arrive. Therefore, does this mean that time didn't exist until it was created? Can the same thing be said for space? Perhaps such things are nothing but concepts until a conscious being is able to experience them. But how did the first consiousce being come to be? Existence is mind boggling. Cheesy

Logically it makes more sense that nothing at all existed, but certainly that isn't the case. So much for logic.

I once had an experience where I understood how it is possible for everything to exist, but I don't remember the answer.

That said, does the Source of existence understand how it came to be?

IP Logged

BobMoenroe
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:50pm

No end and no beginning, eternity. Endless possibilities. The mind does boggle!

Earth. Heaven. Earth. Heave.. wait a second.

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:05pm

Even eternity in heaven can be boring? I guess I'll take my chances on being bored there, which I doubt I will ever be. All I will have to do is remind myself of the myriad reasons why I do not wish to return to an "animal" body with whims and desires of its own in conflict with all the other "animal" bodies on this planet.

For instance, just a few hours ago I almost got my chance to "check out" via a car which almost ran over me on my little scooter. Because I was not in a big vehicle the car owner simply "saw me as not there" even when I was right in front of her car. I narrowly avoided being squashed on the spot and truly messing up her day.

This is a dog eat dog world, or a cat eats dog world, whatever works out best. I'll take eternity and all the folks there who have had countless eons to dream up wonderful things to see and do there in a spirit body. Honestly, do any one of you really want to return here and live in an "animal" body again? Seriously.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:29pm

Seagull:

I'm with you, I don't want to return to an animal body. I figure light beings are smart enough to figure out ways to be content without having to incarnate into an animal body.

seagull wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:05pm:
Even eternity in heaven can be boring? I guess I'll take my chances on being bored there, which I doubt I will ever be. All I will have to do is remind myself of the myriad reasons why I do not wish to return to an "animal" body with whims and desires of its own in conflict with all the other "animal" bodies on this planet.

For instance, just a few hours ago I almost got my chance to "check out" via a car which almost ran over me on my little scooter. Because I was not in a big vehicle the car owner simply "saw me as not there" even when I was right in front of her car. I narrowly avoided being squashed on the spot and truly messing up her day.

This is a dog eat dog world, or a cat eats dog world, whatever works out best. I'll take eternity and all the folks there who have had countless eons to dream up wonderful things to see and do there in a spirit body. Honestly, do any one of you really want to return here and live in an "animal" body again? Seriously.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 10:31pm

Bruce Moen wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:07pm:
Alan,

Your concern about becoming bored when faced with the reality of knowing you are living in eternity.

That's why I often say that I am here in this place we call physical reality, "on vacation from eternity."   Here we are still living in eternity, but most people don't realize that.

After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinion) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning.

So, settle back.  Relax a little and enjoy your vacation, is how I look at lifetimes Here.

"Last incarnation" or "never coming back here" or "never reincarnating again!"  many folks say.  "Nonsense" I respond, even eternity in heaven can get boring!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Perhaps eternity becomes much less boring when one fully re-merges with Source and starts becoming a fully conscious Co-Creator of other realities and unique, free willed Consciousnesses to grow in same?   Might be a game changer of sorts...  Wink

Regarding incarnating into materiality.  Have you ever eaten or done something so much, that you just get sick of it, and at some point, you lost all attraction to having or doing same again?   

By American standards, i was fairly poor while growing up.  I remember a period when we would get this cheap pizza all the time for dinner (because it was really cheap).  When it started, i liked the pizza, but wasn't crazy about it.  After awhile, i got really sick of that pizza.  Or another analogy, there are very, very few movies that i can watch more than once or twice. 

With that said, i would incarnate here again to help others if it was needed.  More about that later.  But, i suppose that maybe even at some point, we might mix it up again. 

Also, perhaps you also here to further grow in Love as well as to help others in that endeavor?  Your other self, Monroe, was not accepted into the core of Source because he was yet "small and incomplete". 

Seems to be a lot more than just "vacation".  Another thing about the vacation from eternity concept.  If that's the main reason why you are here, to forget the eternity and eternal aspect of reality, why have you put so much effort, focus, etc. in becoming aware of your eternal nature, what the nonphysical is like, how things really work down here and for what purpose, etc? 

Seems to be kind of a spoiler, if this is just a movie to entertain and distract for a little while.   Seems the best way to get that full non eternal effect, is to be full of fear, uncertainty, and completely unaware of the reality of our eternal nature, the nonphysical, etc. 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2014 at 11:14pm

seagull wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 6:05pm:

Glad you are ok and not a mangled mess!  Checking out is one thing, and nothing to be sad about, but dealing with a mangled body is another.  Btw, i can relate.  I've had a few close calls driving a motorcycle, which would have been the car driver's fault (and would have resulted in likely death if it had happened). 

My wife one time had a dream that a guide told her that this was probably my last life here as a human.  But, seems i just can't get enough of Earth because another dream she had, about a future in-human lifetime of hers (she saw herself in a different looking body, etc) during a war with an unfriendly E.T. group, she became aware that i came back here as a positive, love attuned E.T. who at one point helped her during a tough situation having to do with that unfriendly group. 

What's odd about this, is that she hadn't read or yet heard about the part in Rosalind McKnight's book Cosmic Journey's which talks about a probable outright future war with an unfriendly group. 

Anyways, i would incarnate here directly again for service purposes, but i suspect that it's probable that after the collapse, humanity will be moving in the right direction enough that this won't be really necessary.  Much will become changed for the better, especially as time goes by.

Guess i'm taking my vacations to other places, with upgraded vehicles that are faster and more fuel efficient than these current ones.   Cheesy

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 5:20am

I perceive eternity in the afterlife as a circle, but where you never experience the same event twice. Like the philosophical idea that it is impossible to step into the same river twice.

This is why partners give each other rings as symbols of enternal love and respect for each other.

Linear time like an arrow or road that has no end is scary but I would still prefer to exist in an everlasting linear time zone, than cease to exist when I die.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:57am

"Linear time like an arrow or road that has no end is scary but I would still prefer to exist in an everlasting linear time zone, than cease to exist when I die."

I can fully agree there, however I do not think that - assuming there is an afterlife -  we will continue to experience  time in the same way as we do as humans. The concept of time is very linked to the way we experience things, see things, perceive things. If we perceive differently as part of the Source, part of a disk or in however way it will be, then our time exprience will likely be different as well.

What`s more, "eternity" is there no matter what, so Alan, I hear you there - an eternity of "being" is definetly a more agreeable thought than an eternity of "nonbeing".

Something I`Ve always wondered: If this universe comes to an end and assuming there will be no restart (entropy theory or similar), and there is no movement anymore on account of a lack of energy, will there be time at all? And if there isn`t any time, then it totally leaves what I can still imagine  Cheesy

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 12:48pm

chrwe wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:57am:
"Linear time like an arrow or road that has no end is scary but I would still prefer to exist in an everlasting linear time zone, than cease to exist when I die."

I can fully agree there, however I do not think that - assuming there is an afterlife -  we will continue to experience  time in the same way as we do as humans. The concept of time is very linked to the way we experience things, see things, perceive things. If we perceive differently as part of the Source, part of a disk or in however way it will be, then our time exprience will likely be different as well.

What`s more, "eternity" is there no matter what, so Alan, I hear you there - an eternity of "being" is definetly a more agreeable thought than an eternity of "nonbeing".

Something I`Ve always wondered: If this universe comes to an end and assuming there will be no restart (entropy theory or similar), and there is no movement anymore on account of a lack of energy, will there be time at all? And if there isn`t any time, then it totally leaves what I can still imagine  Cheesy

Science can't tell us if there were time before the Big Bang of creation, but logic tells me that our universe does not make up all of existence and countless other realms, be they material of ethereal, must exist outside our present understanding of all things. Thus at the big bang of our particular universe , the clock of linear time started and will end some-when in the unimaginable future because our universe is finite and running down towards a cold dark death due to the relentless flow of entropy.

Our physical bodies perish because of entropy?

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 4:43pm

Quote:

Perhaps eternity becomes much less boring when one fully re-merges with Source and starts becoming a fully conscious Co-Creator of other realities and unique, free willed Consciousnesses to grow in same?   Might be a game changer of sorts...  Wink 

With that said, i would incarnate here again to help others if it was needed. 

Also, perhaps you also here to further grow in Love as well as to help others in that endeavor?  Your other self, Monroe, was not accepted into the core of Source because he was yet "small and incomplete". 

Seems to be a lot more than just "vacation".  Another thing about the vacation from eternity concept.  If that's the main reason why you are here, to forget the eternity and eternal aspect of reality, why have you put so much effort, focus, etc. in becoming aware of your eternal nature, what the nonphysical is like, how things really work down here and for what purpose, etc? 

Seems to be kind of a spoiler, if this is just a movie to entertain and distract for a little while.   Seems the best way to get that full non eternal effect, is to be full of fear, uncertainty, and completely unaware of the reality of our eternal nature, the nonphysical, etc. 

a channel,

My vacation from eternity isn't just about entertainment.  I am back here to do what I can to let folks know there's more to our existence than the way it looks, from within the physical world perspective.  It's just part of the nature of physical reality that it takes some doing (especially for the less evolved spiritual beings like myself) to remember how things "really" are.  Hence the years I spent exploring and trying to remember  Roll Eyes

Re-merging with "Source" is another issue.  In my opinion, it wasn't that Monroe  wasn't accepted for re-merging because he was "small and incomplete".  Personally, I don't believe it is possible to not be connected to "Source" as you call it.  In my opinion what you call "Source" is what he called his "I/There" and what I call, "The Disk."  I routinely communicate with my Disk, and teach others how to do that in the third workshop in the series.  I feel Monroe didn't become a "permanent member" of his I/There, or Source as you call it because he/It knew that the reason for his creation by Source, or I/There still has more he can explore to bring back to Source before he/It decides to become a permanent member, as do I.  So, naturally I expect I'll be returning for my next vacation from eternity, my next reincarnation into whatever reality/perspective I/We chose to explore more.

I wouldn't say my "main reason why you are here," is "to forget the eternity and eternal aspect of reality".  Rather, I see that forgetting as part of the nature of this reality/perspective I'm presently vacationing in.  Some, more spiritually evolved beings who vacation Here, don't forget as much as I did.  That just meant I had to spend years really working at answering the question, What am I supposed to do while I'm Here.  Oh  well, good thing our existence is eternal so there's plenty of time for the tasks even for the spiritually slow-minded folks like me  Grin

"Seems the best way to get that full non eternal effect, is to be full of fear, uncertainty, and completely unaware of the reality of our eternal nature, the nonphysical, etc."

Yeah, but it's a distraction that makes it take longer to get to working on the tasks that better fit my purpose for being/vacationing Here.  It's just as easy to get that "full non eternal effect," with a completely hedonistic approach, and that one is a lot more pleasurable, in my experience than "to be full of fear, uncertainty,".  Hedonism is just as effective but a lot more enjoyable, but, it's just as big of a distraction too  Roll Eyes

Thanks, your post is thought provoking.  I like that.

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:30pm

I figure we are within Source. When we experience PUL and peace we experience Source. I figure it is our concepts and attachments that prevent us from being well aware that we are within Source.

Bruce:

You say you communicate with your Disk on a regular basis.  I communicate with my spirit friends on a regular basis. A while back I had experiences and received messages that made the point that my disk is amongst those I communicate with. For a while, however, the beings I communicate with don't identify themselves.  I don't get impressions such as "I'm communicating to Coach now."

Do you usually identify who specifically you are communicating with?

I believe that one of the reasons my friends don't identify themselves is because they don't look like people and don't have human-based names. The only being I've communicated with that identified himself by name is "Jesus." There have been a limited number of times when my spirit friends presented themselves with a human image. I mainly sense a presence. 

One other thing, isn't Planning Intelligence the source of Disks and the Creator the source of Planning Intelligences? 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2014 at 9:58pm

Hi Bruce, thank you for the reply and for the clarifications.  Glad to know you view it as more than just a vacation. 

Some clarifications from this side.  I guess i'm speaking of a different perspective of "Source".  Yes, i can see that as a probe, in a sense our source is our Disk/I-There or what i like to call our Expanded self essence (ESE). 

Yet, who or what created our Disks?  From your work, you seem to view it as the Planning Intelligence.  From what i've gathered, i call it the Christ Spirit or ESE that "Jesus" belongs too. 

But what created that Disk/ESE?   What i would call the "Source".  That's what i mean by Source--this Source to me is both the Whole or Oneness and yet an essence or being unto itself as well at the same time. 

Yes, we are never truly separated from our Disk, the Planning Intelligence, the Source, or the Whole and each other since it All exists within the same unified field, BUT what i'm talking about is conscious awareness of our Oneness with these.  We (many of us, not all) have created blocks and hindrances in our perception, awareness, and beingness of of Source and Source origins.  These blocks and hindrances started even before the physical was manifested, and it was these blocks and hindrances which partially manifested the physical (But the Creative forces got involved with shaping the manifestation once it started to form).   

What i'm talking about, then is full conscious Oneness, being PUL incarnate, or to put in other terms, fully like Jesus--fully conscious of being One with the Whole, The Source, etc.  But, it's our entire Disk which remembers/remerges, and after we become a full companion and Co-Creator with The Source. 

It's very clear in Monroe's Ultimate Journey's, that when he went beyond the aperture, he wasn't just consciously merging with just his Disk, but starting to remember/re-merge with the Whole. 

While he was getting closer, or on the periphery of same, he met some Beings there, who told/asked him, "What gifts do you bring little one? I perceive none....  There is something different with you.  You bring no gifts and you are alone.  You are incomplete.....   You will understand why you are incomplete, why you are small...  With us it was different.  You act as you do because your diversification is so wide.  On our planet, our entire species became aware and made the shift as one."

It seems that they were trying to tell Monroe, that he still had to retrieve both aspects of his own Disk, help the Disks that were in his Soul group, and then make the shift with both his entire Disk and maybe also with the Disks of his Soul group. 

Another way of saying it too, is that Monroe and his Disk was yet not in full conscious resonation with PUL, which is the "way" to The Source and that full Oneness Consciousness. 

By all those above standards, i'm also still small and incomplete.  I don't know if that makes me a slow learner or what not as well, perhaps.  My sense is that it takes a lot of experience, a lot of will, a lot of desire and focus to fully consciously remember/remerge with The Source and the Whole.  Basically, you have to get REALLY sick of the "dream" and really want to wake up.  I've gotten to that point.  During a partnered exploration here, one of the members here received this from guidance about me, "Justin is not interested in color anymore."  He interpreted it one way, i interpreted it as i'm fully focused on becoming the "White Light" so to speak, no color, no imbalance, nothing but PUL.  Color signifies a relative degree of non attunement with same.

I was not fault finding Monroe or you with talking about that, but i see this whole process as A LOT more than a vacation, though i can see that reasoning or perspective.  I see it as the healing and reintegration of the Whole, so that the Whole will be Whole.  My sense is that both the Planning Intelligence and The Source desire this, they desire our full conscious companionship with them, for us to become like they are, to Co-Create other Realities and Consciousnesses with them. 

And, my Guidance which is both my Disk, combined with those Consciousnesses fully One with Source, the Whole, and who know and live complete Oneness, has urged me often to make myself a fit channel for that Consciousness of PUL to help in the above endeavor of holistic retrieval.  Urged to love more, to meditate-pray more, to eat better, to attune myself as much as i'm able. 

They're laid back only in so much as they accept me for how i am in the present with all my lacks and blocks and they don't put me down for not doing better, but still that encouragement and that nudging (usually gentle, sometimes not) is still there.  (my experience is that the more mature and intune one becomes, the more the Creative forces are more direct and blunt about things, because they know you can handle it and that you have more responsibility to self and to others)

So, i cannot be too laid back and Yin about this process, when i have Consciousnesses much more intune/mature/aware than you or i telling me or perhaps stressing something a bit different (but they also say to have fun, enjoy things, have hobbies, etc).  These are also more aware than my total Disk, for they have already made that transition or shift. 

This is why i have disagreed with the vacation analogy or perspective some.  I see it as a bit too polarized/imbalanced to the Yin. 
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2014 at 12:45pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Becoming the Disk
Reply #18 - Mar 28th, 2014 at 12:27pm

Becoming the Disk,

I must say that I'm enjoying being on the board again and being involved in the conversations.

aChannel,

I'm appreciating your perspective in our discussion, thank you for sharing that with me. And I think I see what it is you're saying in a language that I have to translate to my own and so to begin that translation, I'd like to provide a link here to chapters 28 and 29 of Curiosity's Father so folks can read it. It is not necessary to read it but I think it gives a pretty accurate image of what you and I are talking about translated into my language.

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/Ch-28-29.html

For me the idea of striving to be as consciously aware of a very large percentage of all the Totality of Consciousness, say something at the level of the Planning Intelligence, is evidence of the curiosity I find that is instilled in us all. It is the driving force that causes us to strive toward what others might call waking up. It is the force driving of the evolution of the Totality of Consciousness, the Disk, the All, the Whole, God to some, what ever you call it. As an Explorer of that Totality of Consciousness we Human Consciousness are at the very edge of the boundary between the Known and the Unknown.

But, I will no longer be aware of my activities as an exploring-human-consciousness-Being. If I shift my focus of attention and become consciously aware at the level of the Totality of Consciousness, in essence, I am in the same position as Monroe when he was told he was too small, incomplete, and didn't have any gifts.  I have arrived way too early. So, by maintaining my focus of attention at the level of Human Consciousness, I'm fulfilling my role, my chosen role at my creation, as that Explorer.  If I chose consciousness as the Totality of Consciousness I will still have this body, within Physical World Human Consciousness, doing what I do, but unconsciously.  I strongly recommend not walking down the freeway at night or during rush hour in this state of consciousness.  That's one of the ways we can get lost, stuck.

My evolution as an individual focus of attention, as that Explorer, inescapably moves toward becoming aware at the Level, no matter what I'm doing, no matter whether I'm consciously aware of it or not.

So, basically, aChannel, I agree with pretty much everything you said. When I translate your description into my own language I see one map described from two different perspectives. At present I'm enjoying exploring the pleasures and pains of Human Consciousness. Just lucky for me that in all of Eternity there is enough time to begin where I am, continue doing what I'm doing, and becoming aware as the Totality of Consciousness. At this point in my life my path is sort of like the lazy man's path to Becoming the Disk. Enlightenment?

In my opinion our Disk is create by it's Disk.  I've only explored to about the eight level of Disks, the Planning intelligence, level.  Continue going in that direction and you'll be communicating with the Totality id Consciousness, God, You, Source.
You said:
   "It seems that they were trying to tell Monroe, that he still had to retrieve both aspects of his own Disk, help the Disks that were in his Soul group, and then make the shift with both his entire Disk and maybe also with the Disks of his Soul group."

Could not have said it better.

You said:
   "So, i cannot be too laid back and Yin about this process, when i have Consciousnesses much more intune/mature/aware than you or i telling me or perhaps stressing something a bit different (but they also say to have fun, enjoy things, have hobbies, etc).  These are also more aware than my total Disk, for they have already made that transition or shift.

This is why i have disagreed with the vacation analogy or perspective some.  I see it as a bit too polarized/imbalanced to the Yin.  "

If the Lazy Man's way is strongly Yin, we are definitely talking the same language.

Bruce
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2014 at 2:05pm by Bruce Moen »  
IP Logged

DocM

Reply #19 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:43am

Thank you, Bruce for your reply.  Your statement:

"But, I will no longer be aware of my activities as an exploring-human-consciousness-Being. If I shift my focus of attention and become consciously aware at the level of the Totality of Consciousness, in essence, I am in the same position as Monroe when he was told he was too small, incomplete, and didn't have any gifts.  I have arrived way too early. So, by maintaining my focus of attention at the level of Human Consciousness, I'm fulfilling my role, my chosen role at my creation, as that Explorer.  If I chose consciousness as the Totality of Consciousness I will still have this body, within Physical World Human Consciousness, doing what I do, but unconsciously.  I strongly recommend not walking down the freeway at night or during rush hour in this state of consciousness.  That's one of the ways we can get lost, stuck."

really struck a chord for me.  I have been going through a period of revelations about the nature of our truest form, followed by a "now what?" period myself.  In other words, when you get in touch with the game of consciousness - that we are all unique aware beings part of God/Source, and that ego and separateness are created and unreal (but also responsible for much misery to those of us in the physical world), then how do you function in the world with this knowledge?  I can play the game of being Matthew, of ego-related activities, of applying human will to achieve goals of the illusory actor in the physical world, or I can ...........?

Part of my initial response was and has been to withdraw somewhat for contemplation.  It could be considered a belief system crash.  What do you do, when you wake up inside the play of the physical world?  I had been slow to answer this question to myself.  Intellectual understanding is rarely satisfying if the emotional component does not follow. 

I understand what you mean when you state that it would be difficult for a person to be merged with Source and fully present in the world.  But wouldn't that be a wonderful way to be?  Enlightened on a deep emotional level, seeing through the play, and false polarity of opposites.  Acting out of love not because it is commanded to do so in a text, but because it is really the only way to act.  So far, at this part of my own journey, I too have decided to go on being Matthew, but to practice mindfulness (as buddhists describe it).  I try to insert and awareness of the bigger picture in everyday activities.  Sometimes,  I am more successful than others.  But it is almost like a part of my consciousness has taken on an observer role, and I will nudge or remind myself of the bigger picture during the day, and adjust my activities or interactions accordingly.

I wonder, at this stage, if, in a physical lifetime, most of us can make the transition to the stage where it is seamless; where there doesn't have to be active mindfulness, because we are both in the world and not of the world.  I do believe it is possible, and think we all can make it there someday.  But I am an optimist. 

I always liked this story on how enlightment (in this case Zen) would change how you are while still alive in the world:

"Before a person studies Zen, mountains are mountains and waters are waters; after a first glimpse into the truth of Zen, mountains are no longer mountains and waters are not waters; after enlightenment,      mountains are once again mountains and waters once again waters."

Matthew

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: Seeing Guides & Planning Intelligence
Reply #20 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:44am

recoverer wrote on Mar 26th, 2014 at 6:30pm:
Bruce:

You say you communicate with your Disk on a regular basis. .  .  .

Do you usually identify who specifically you are communicating with?

I believe that one of the reasons my friends don't identify themselves is because they don't look like people and don't have human-based names. The only being I've communicated with that identified himself by name is "Jesus." There have been a limited number of times when my spirit friends presented themselves with a human image. I mainly sense a presence. 

One other thing, isn't Planning Intelligence the source of Disks and the Creator the source of Planning Intelligences? 

Recoverer,

Coach identified himself early on, I think because I didn't have any previous, conscious, experience of communicating with a "group mind."  Coach served as a point of contact to give me a familiar "format" of communication, individual to individual.

My feeling is that not seeing your guides is more a function of your Interpreter's "vocabulary" of previous images.  What we see is, in my opinion, NEVER what is "actually" there.  What we see, hear, taste, touch, smell, and know (nonphysically) is overlaid by whatever "nearest similar thing"our Interpreter chooses from pre-existing memory.  What we "see" is always an overlay.

That you have only seen a Guide, or friend, that looks like Jesus tells me your perception is being limited by religious beliefs.  So, you may see a Guide as Jesus several times, but they may "actually" be different individuals.  Perhaps you are limiting your ability to see Guides because they don't look like Jesus.  And if they don't, your Interpreter can't present any image as a representation of the Guide, like say, a cigar chomping, pudgy faced, flat top hair cut style wearing man, who looks like a boxing coach.  For fight fans from the 60s, Coach was the spittin' image of a real boxing coach named Lou Douba (sp?).  I saw the physical Lou many times while watching boxing matches in the 60's.  So, instead you see "nothing."

Not seeing guides is not, in my opinion, about them "not showing themselves."  It's about what we are able to perceive.

In my experience the Planning Intelligence (PI) by itself is not The Creator.  It is just a component of The Creator, just a "probe" whose present state of evolution is very much broader, by trillions of orders of magnitude, them mine (me as individual probe consciousness).  And the PI's perspective as a little smaller than The Creator's.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Re: Zen
Reply #21 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:58am

DocM wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 10:43am:
"Before a person studies Zen, mountains are mountains and waters are waters; after a first glimpse into the truth of Zen, mountains are no longer mountains and waters are not waters; after enlightenment,      mountains are once again mountains and waters once again waters."

Matthew,

I really dig that man!

Yes, there is a point at which the connection is seamless, in my view.  Peoples actions are seen through and we just react by appreciating watching the movie they are living, and project as much PUL to them as we can, and continue on with our existence, our vacation from Eternity  Wink.  It may be Here in physical reality, stuck in 23, in 27, or beyond.  The venue doesn't matter, only the learning to experience and express PUL to an ever greater degree.

Thanks Matthew,

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 12:47pm

Bruce:

During the days when I first made contact with spirit guidance I had no intention of making contact with Jesus. The first time I made contact with my guidance in a way that seemed certain I made contact with my I-there. I didn't think in terms of Disk at the time because I had yet to read any of your books.

Later on without having any expectations to do so I started to receive information that related to Jesus. This surprised me. I wondered why my guidance would send me such information. It did so in a manner where Jesus was clearly being referred to. I could tell that the information wasn't coming from my imagination.

I won't describe every specific instance, but one time I was meditating and feeling love and peace and a spirit who looked like Jesus' shroud image appeared and gave me information with messages I could read. I do not believe this was simply an interpretive mistake.

I believe it is important to consider the interpreter factor, but if we go too far with it we won't be able to notice when we have an "actual" experience, whether it's with Jesus, Robert Monroe or whoever.

I believe there is a state of being where Souls have rejoined God. I figure all Souls at that level are pretty much the same regardless of what name they had while human.  Therefore, if I connect with beings at that level to some degree it doesn't matter what name they went by while human.

I hope it is clear by now that I'm not like a fundamentalist Christian. Nevertheless, I believe Jesus is worth considering, because he might've been a man who really knew something while he was here in this World. There could be other reasons.

It could be that the main reason my spirit friends don't look like body-based people is because I don't believe that they exist in such a way and therefore there is no need for them to do so. When I experience them in an out-of-body way I sense their presence rather than see them.

It could be that my Disk has already joined God so there is no reason to distinguish them from God. I say this with the viewpoint that we are all pieces of God that the Creator form of God created either directly or indirectly while using his own being to do so. We all exist within God's being. What else is there?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 12:48pm

recoverer wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 12:47pm:
Bruce:

During the days when I first made contact with spirit guidance I had no intention of making contact with Jesus. The first time I made contact with my guidance in a way that seemed certain I made contact with my I-there. I didn't think in terms of Disk at the time because I had yet to read any of your books.

Later on without having any expectations to do so I started to receive information that related to Jesus. This surprised me. I wondered why my guidance would send me such information. It received information in a manner where it was that Jesus was being referred to. I could tell that the information wasn't coming from my imagination.

I won't describe every specific instance, but one time I was meditating and feeling love and peace and a spirit who looked like Jesus' shroud image appeared and gave me information with messages I could read. I do not believe this was simply an interpretive mistake.

I believe it is important to consider the interpreter factor, but if we go too far with it we won't be able to notice when we have an "actual" experience, whether it's with Jesus, Robert Monroe or whoever.

I believe there is a state of being where Souls have rejoined God. I figure all Souls at that level are pretty much the same regardless of what name they had while human.  Therefore, if I connect with beings at that level to some degree it doesn't matter what name they went by while human.

I hope it is clear by now that I'm not like a fundamentalist Christian. Nevertheless, I believe Jesus is worth considering, because he might've been a man who really knew something while he was here in this World. There could be other reasons.

It could be that the main reason my spirit friends don't look like body-based people is because I don't believe that they exist in such a way and therefore there is no need for them to do so. When I experience them in an out-of-body way I sense their presence rather than see them.

It could be that my Disk has already joined God so there is no reason to distinguish them from God. I say this with the viewpoint that we are all pieces of God that the Creator form of God created either directly or indirectly while using his own being to do so. We all exist within God's being. What else is there?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #24 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 12:50pm

The system won't let you edit now so my 2nd post has an edit. I still need to make a few, but I guess I'll have to do without them.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #25 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 4:11pm

Bruce,

I am perplexed as to why you give all those alternate identities, to the divine, why not just use God?

I meant "Disc" does not indicate an intelligence to me?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #26 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 1:40pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 4:11pm:
Bruce,

I am perplexed as to why you give all those alternate identities, to the divine, why not just use God?

I meant "Disc" does not indicate an intelligence to me?

Alan

Alan

You asked," I am perplexed as to why you give all those alternative identities, to the divine, why not just use God?"

Thought provoking.

To my perception those are not what I would call alternative identities, but rather, "functions" within that God. For example if I were going to try to understand the human body from one of its hand's points of view, the fingers would naturally be part of such a discussion. I don't see discussion of the fingers as "alternate identities" to the "divine" Hand.  But my perspective has been called mighty peculiar by many who know me, and many who don't.  It turns out that my mind is the sort of mind that must completely disassemble something down to the level of its individual components, and then reassemble it, to be able to understand the information that defines its identity.

An example. I have always had an attraction to puzzles. My mother talked about seeing this trait of mine at two years old. To me the old gasoline engine lawnmower was just a three dimensional, precision puzzle. I was probably between eight and 10 years old when I spread a sheet on the garage floor, and completely disassembled that lawnmower engine to the last screw there would come out of any hole. My mother happened to see the lawnmower in this state before I began to reassemble it. Her only comment to me was, Bruce that they better run when you're done. A couple of hours later I mowed our backyard with that lawnmower.

It took my mind, disassembly of that motor, to that level, to be able use understanding of the functions of its individual parts to be able to reassemble it. My only map to reassemble that lawnmower motor, aside from matching hole patterns between parts, to understand the role and function of the individual parts within the identity of the divine (Lawnmowers). My understanding of God comes from me a person with a mind like that from within that perspective. To me using the label "God" for the divine is fine, now that I have disassembled and reassembled the concept of God to satisfy my mind's curiosity.  I guess looking back I was still at the point in my understanding of God as It being in parts separated from each on a sheet on the garage floor when I wrote that.     Now, when I say God, I sense God's presence. For me that means a short duration shift at a feeling level from being physical world Bruce, and then for just an eternal instant, to feeling being God.

You said, "I meant "Disc" does not indicate an intelligence to me?"

After I completely disassembled the information I'd gathered on the "Disc" and then reassembled it I found it to be intelligent. It appears to contain a multitude of different, individual perspectives cohesively integrated into a single being as its form of consciousness. It's way more intelligent than I as individual, day-to-day Bruce experience. And it's memory capability is unfathomable. It has conscious recall of experience that occurred prior to what physicists describe as the Big Bang. In my opinion the Big Bang serves as a memory marker for its creation as this Universe we call the "physical/nonphysical realms" as a conscious, individual, Probe. Yes, in my opinion it's intelligent. But then, I had to completely disassemble it and then reassemble it to get to that point of understanding.

Alan, I appreciate your thought provoking comments.

Thank you again,

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #27 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 3:19pm

Thank you Bruce for your comprehensive reply, it cleared up some misconceptions I had about your ideas about the mystical realms. I can understand how you are led to break down things into separate parts that are easier to comprehend, than the greater wholeness.

Your disc and what I call the super-consciousness seem to be the same entity if I can call it by that name.

All information, both past, present, and future, exists in the ““Superconsciousness”.” The “Superconsciousness” (or Collective Mind) transcends time and space and with diligent practice, can be consciously accessible from within a deep state of awareness.

I believe we can download vital information from this source and it might be the reason for sudden jumps or advances of human technology and scientific reasoning.

I am positive that all Sentient” intelligent beings in the universe are interconnected into the Super-consciousness; it is where information comes from for all accurate predictions and visions, whether auditory, visual, or emotional. It encompasses all that is and all that will be in our universe. In truth, it is where our thoughts go to and come from both during mortal life and into the realms of the afterlife. We only perceive these whispering thoughts in our brain/mind or soul and usually take little notice of them

However, we should become more aware and connect with this source of universal knowledge for our personal advancement and the benefit of humankind as a whole,and learn to filter out what is unessential for to advance into higher beings, beyond that of Homo -Sapient into Homo -Superior.

It as something similar to the hive mind of the bee or ant but that, which connects all higher beings in one consciousness throughout the universe. I speculate this “Superconsciousness” is finite consisting of finite albeit highly intelligent life forms throughout the universe and “is not the infinite creator God” but one of his creations. A sort of galactic, or universal Internet, think how useful this source would be if only we could gain access to it when we want to?

Bruce the super-consciousness, might be a fragment of your consolidated disc, which would contain all the knowledge of all existence and not just that of our own particular universe.

Disc = Mind of Existence = God

Super-consciousness = Part of Disc?

Blessings and Light

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #28 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:21pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 3:19pm:
I can understand how you are led to break down things into separate parts that are easier to comprehend, than the greater wholeness.  .   .

Disc = Mind of Existence = God

Super-consciousness = Part of Disc?

Blessings and Light

Alan

Alan,

I agree with every word you wrote.  I understand our perspectives are a little different, but the understanding of what we are both talking about is the same.

Bruce

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #29 - Apr 2nd, 2014 at 5:37pm

Alan:

Disk is basically the same as higher self and oversoul.

A Disk projects small parts of itself in order to experience various incarnations in places like this World.

We are the projections.

I've had experiences and received spirit messages that made the point that the Disk viewpoint is in some way true.

Some believe this is true without coming up with a name like Disk. For example, P.M.H. Atwater wrote in one of her books that she is just one finger of her Soul.

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #30 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 10:42pm

recoverer wrote on Mar 25th, 2014 at 3:27pm:
Bruce said: "After all, eternity can't exist (in my opinionp) as something with just no end.  Eternity has to go in both directions in order to truly be eternity.  It must have both no end, and no beginning."

Recoverer responds:

Of course, the Universe was created, so the day did arrive. Therefore, does this mean that time didn't exist until it was created? Can the same thing be said for space? Perhaps such things are nothing but concepts until a conscious being is able to experience them. But how did the first consiousce being come to be? Existence is mind boggling //

That said, does the Source of existence understand how it came to be?

Dear Recoverer,

I am eager to answer your question, but first I must be sure of my own "position" in this universe. I feel that the only person who could answer such a question, is the one who is source himself. My instinct tells me that there is a very likely probability that I myself am the source. I wish not to be arrogant if this is detrimental to others. I am in a lot of doubt about myself and life in general. I have seen "glitches" that make it apparent to me, that this is actually some sort of simulation.

As a kid, death scared me. I couldn't imagine "not existing" but now that the other extremity is "always existing" I guess both are equally scary. "Sometimes existing" would seem like the middle ground, but doing so, one may forget his own existence (as is the case in dreamless sleep). Talking about sleep, I realize this might possibly be the way to unload ones existence temporarily, like a pause button in life.

I am getting sidetracked a bit here by musing, anyway, I had thought about death from an early age. I was 9 years old when I started to wonder "are other people real?" And "how can they prove their own existence, when I am only sure (100%) of my own existence?"
It was only much later in life, at the ages of 20 or 21, that I started to take my questions to God, who emerged in many different physical and nonphysical forms. I started to wonder how God worked and started to believe in the nonphysical, metaphysical realms in life.

After about a year later, I had logically conceived of a theory of universal existence. I thought to myself, if life itself is nonphysical, then surely consciousness will continue after death. And in a vision I saw that everybody in the universe was waiting for my soul, which I did not understand. They seemed to hail me, whereas in real life nobody says anything about the nature of life. I thought to myself, the only way to prove that others exist, is to Become someone else. But I realize, this will seperate myself from my original body, my true form. The process would lead to a literal "out of body" experience, only with eons or millions of years as the timeframe in which I would be able to return to my body (essentially restarting the universe)

So the doors of reincarnation were opened, and for a while I found that future lives who had been there in the past (when I was 7 years old), were now actively seeking me, one familiar person found me in an entire different country, I was glad I recignized him/them, he told me I had the hand of God, which seemed so surreal at the time.

So I was scared of death for a long time, because I cannot remember anything that happened before I was born. I figured death would be the same emptiness, non-existence. When I "discovered" re-incarnation, I was relieved, because it meant I would not have to die.

Now, realizing the vast expanse of life on earth, I am quite shocked, because if reincarnation in another body is the only outcome after dying, it means I will have had one life as "myself" and all other incarnations will be there, in a que, waiting to be inherited by my own soul, ultimately leaving me alone, but with the companionship of myself. It doesn't seem like a fair deal to me. To complete all incarnations of life on the earth alone, would take billions of years. I'm 23 years old and that already feels like an eternity. Not to mention I would then be forced to incarnate as every animal that was slaughtered for food, or every bug splattered on a windshield, or every snail stepped on, which is a thought that is too crappity smacked up for me to simply accept, so naturally, I am looking for a way out. I am hoping to incarnate in the same body, to literally re-live my own life, which I believe is possible, but cannot see the future to verify if this is the case or not. If it isn't the case, then I guess i'm no God.

Today, I came across this site and was happy to see people talk about rejncarnation as fact, that its not just a hypotheses but can physically be achieved, while retaining memory of ones previous life.

Again, I have no memory whatsoever of a past life. But sometimes I am left wondering, have I ever done this before? It feels like it. Sometimes things happen that are unique to my life (couldn't have happened to another person) and I vaguely remember such a thing happening before, even though it hadnt happened in my life as I remember. Maybe my life was set in a loop? Or maybe I feel this way because I know it's possible. I'm not sure.

I have no memory of a previous life. But if any or all of you can remember my life personally, then perhaps one of (us) could verify wether or not I am the source of all existence? It would explain a lot if that were the case. I guess it's the truth, but I have no way to verify that without physically dying (i'm 23 and don't want to risk my own life)

To answer your question, recoverer, I must be the source. I feel that I know the answer to your question, therefore am I the source? Or is such a thing not bound to a beginning?

You ask if the source understands how it came to be. The answer is no, it does not comprehend it in any sense at all, it is completely shocked amazed and astounded by its own existence, it is both impossible and yet possible, how it came to be. I know that before I was born, I was nothing, time did exist, but I was not aware of it. The moment I began felt like an eternity had already passed, yet it was too soon to be the beginning. So there is a real mindf*ck, when did it begin? Or, more specifically, how much time had passed BEFORE the universe began?
I am aware of how much time had passed before I existed, it seemed like it took at least 10000 years but had started instantaneously, like awaking from an extremely long sleep, which is why I feel that sleep is our only way to reconnect with the first moment of source (which is, ironically, unawareness). When I awoke, it was like, I was there, and could not go back, because that awareness perpetuated myself. I guess this would be where the origin of death came from, or at least my (non-reincarnational) perception of death, permanent death. I thought I came from nothing and remember feeling "my existence is a mistake, I shouldn't be here, are they going to let me live or will they force me to return?" I felt like some sort of failed experiment, or something that wasn't physically possible. So I guess death was invented and a timeframe in which to explore life until going back to nothing which is where I came from.

Now I doubt I ever want to go back. I remember feeling a LONG time had passed in nothingness. Maybe I was aware, or perhaps my own awareness of myself triggered my own life?

Anyway. The thibg about life is its there because we believe its there. Its some kind of hallucination, somewhere its placebo or imagination, but I am amazed at how much structure and memory and physicality there is in this realm. I do however, have great remorse for the (fictional?) Events that have supposedly taken place on earth such as war etc. I am guessing this might be the first universe (or earth) ever created so it is flawed and imperfect because the creator didn't know what good and bad really meant. I am guessing creation is a work of time and was not instantaneously created everything but started at the centre and expanded itself from there. However this is speculation I do not state anything here as fact. I am, however, quite truthful in explaining my perspective or perception, hoping that we may make more sense or meaning together than alone. Smiley

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #31 - Apr 24th, 2014 at 10:50pm

I guess my first real question here would be, am I the source?

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #32 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 4:42pm

Hi Something,

You are something, aren't you? Smiley

I find it a little hard to follow your long post earlier but it is interesting.

I guess the easiest way for me to think about it is that I am a little leaf on a tree. I receive nourishment and existence from more than one source because I am connected to many things which all help me to produce my particular structure and growth process. My tree is connected to the earth, which is part of a larger universe. So, in a way, I am a participant in all that is, and my expression can have meaning in more than one way. I am existing as the leaf of myself. I am also feeding others, housing others, creating a beautiful vision for others, etc. etc. If my branch falls my leaf is part of that process. But, my main job is to take in light and stay green. That's what I do best, no matter what. Someday my little dried up leaf-ness may blow away and become part of the earth. And the spirit of my leaf-ness lives on in other ways. So, in some respects, I come from all that is and return to it. Otherwise, I dunno.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:46pm by seagull »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #33 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 5:50pm

Hello Something:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I just noticed your post a little while ago.

I remember a period in my life (my 20s) where I considered the possibility that I'm the only being who exists.  I figured that if all the people I speak to are just an illusion, how could I take their word for it if they say that they exist? Couldn't a dream character do the same?

If the illusion of their existence is sophisticated enough it might be difficult to determine how real they are through intellectual means.

I believe there is a deeper way of understanding. I believe it is possible to connect to universal mind.  Such a connection provides answers that are beyond our limited way of thinking.

I believe it is possible to "feel" the presence of another in a way where it seems clear that we are experiencing more than a hallucination.

When I've communicated with spirits telepathically it felt as if we had a mind to mind communication that verified their existence.

Also, could love be shared as completely as it can be shared if there wasn't a such thing as another to share it with?

Not that other beings exist to an extent where they are completely separate from me.  Going by what I have been able to figure out we started out as one being. Once this being obtained a fairly good idea of what its existence is about and what's possible it used its own beingness to create us. It used its own beingness because there was nothing else it could create with.  It created us partly so it wouldn't be alone.

So we are all basically parts of the first being, yet we were created in a way where we have our own life story and our own will. 

Since my sense of will came after Source's sense of will and isn't responsible for the creation of everything else, I believe Source's will plays a much bigger role than my will.

Regarding your question, I figure you are an extension of Source just as everybody else is an extension.

Some people don't like to think in such a way, but if nothing existed but Source, what could he use other than his own being to create us?

Regarding whether Source knows how he came to be, I don't know. There are in tune moments when I feel how amazing it is that anything exists at all. Not only is there existence, there is an awareness of existence and much complexity. Connected with this feeling of amazement is a feeling of mystery.

Yet, I've had an experience where I seemed to understand how existence is possible. But I don't remember the details and can't say anything for certain.

IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #34 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 12:39am

Existence in itself is a funny thing since I believe it is hard to define what "existing" really is. Is it the fact that we are conscious? That we think thoughts at all?

But we exist under deep anaesthesia as well, do we not?

Is "existence" that we experience something at all? That could be leading somewhere.

Now, our experiencing anything at all is, in a way, only possible through being yourself. What I mean is: two people look at an event and they will later describe it differently (trust me on this, I've seen it happen often). Assuming both are honest, what "really" happened?

In my book, both versions of thr event "really" happened, each for the person who experienced it.

Looking at this, we are all the source, since our experience is unique to what we see, hear, feel etc. You are your source.

And yet, you will find there are many beings who share this experience of being alive with you - they are the source, as well. Only they may not be your source.

Whether there is a one, true source at the basis of all this that is life - I don't know, but many here and throughout history will say that this is so and why ot trust their experiences?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #35 - Apr 27th, 2014 at 4:36pm

Hello Chrwe:

I don't have any comment about your post, I just wanted to let you know that at least one person read it. If I commented at all I might end up repeating what I already said.

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #36 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 8:17am

Recoverer:
Just smoked some weed so I already forgot what you said so it's a bit difficult to respond. I asked my question about source or how source wpkrs because I want to know if (and this website states so) we are reincarnated upon death with our memory intact?

I am guessing not, the other guy asked if we exist under, deep anesthesia. People apparently lose memory in Coma's. I guess it's similar.

Thing is, I guess if consciousness is retained after death of an individual, you would recognize yourself in another life. Perhaps this was an experiment of source but source forgot what it was?

Time is infinite but if there is no observer of time then does time exist?

My best guess is we are all connected, we all influence our timeline

IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #37 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 8:22am

And to some extent, we also influence our history as well. It's what we choose to remember.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:30am

<<I want to know if (and this website states so) we are reincarnated upon death with our memory intact?>>

Can you tell me where on the website this statement is made?  A new one on me....

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #39 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:01pm

Same as Rondelle, I can't recall reading anywhere that we retain memory when we reincarnate.

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but going by what I've found and figured out, we don't reincarnate in the way people usually speak of it.  It is more of a Disk-like effort. A higher self/Disk sends out many extensions of itself. These extensions aren't temporary beings that get eaten by their Disk someday, they are eternal unique beings.

I believe there are exceptions to the above. Sometimes an extension will incarnate more than once.

I also believe it is possible that reincarnation extends beyond the Disk factor to the Soul Group level. Reincarnation is a group effort at Soul Group level. Some past life memories might be due to what a member of one's Soul Group experienced.

But don't take my word for it, this is something we have to figure out for ourselves. When we die it is good to have an open mind and not make the mistake of trying to find a body to reincarnate into right way.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #40 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 2:27pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 28th, 2014 at 1:01pm:
Same as Rondelle, I can't recall reading anywhere that we retain memory when we reincarnate.

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but going by what I've found and figured out, we don't reincarnate in the way people usually speak of it.  It is more of a Disk-like effort. A higher self/Disk sends out many extensions of itself. These extensions aren't temporary beings that get eaten by their Disk someday, they are eternal unique beings.

I believe there are exceptions to the above. Sometimes an extension will incarnate more than once.

I also believe it is possible that reincarnation extends beyond the Disk factor to the Soul Group level. Reincarnation is a group effort at Soul Group level. Some past life memories might be due to what a member of one's Soul Group experienced.

But don't take my word for it, this is something we have to figure out for ourselves. When we die it is good to have an open mind and not make the mistake of trying to find a body to reincarnate into right way.

I really don't like the idea of losing who I now am during this life on earth and reincarnation without any memories of it.

That is just another way to express death of self. During my present life on earth I have absolutely no recollection of a previous existence, thus that person as far as I am concerned  is dead, gone and ceased to exist forever.

I dislike the concept of reincarnation, who wants to return over and over again to this rather boring and bleak existence, have to go through childhood, be spanked by parents, go to school again struggle to survive in an increasingly difficult world, and horrors or horrors have to sicken and go through the whole process of death again??

If I have any say in the matter, then I am absolutely not coming back into this mortal physical plane again. I am going to move on to better things a brighter and more glorious existence somewhere in the higher planes that exist in the afterlife.

I don't accept that I am some sort of fragmented entity, that sometimes consolidates and then breaks up again into separate self aware entities.

I have read many many near death experience and in nearly all of them, the person retains their unique self aware identity they had while living as a human being.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

SomethingFromNothing

ALK Member

Reply #41 - Apr 28th, 2014 at 3:04pm

:Will I remember after I die what I did and who I was in the physical world?
As a general rule, my experience suggests the answer is yes. One of the characteristics of our existence in the Afterlife seems to be far greater access to memory of our experience. This memory includes not only the lifetime just completed, but previous lifetimes also.While it speaks not of reincarnation, it is stated here that "as a general rule of thumb" we retain memory after death

Ok on mobile this seems to be difficult to copy and paste, the above doesnt state anything about reincarnation per se, but states retaining memory after death as true.

But on the other side I completely agree with alan mcdougall, as I have no memory of a previous existence, I assume there was none to begin with. But this assumption is heavily biased towards solipsism, as there is no way to prove any characteristic in the perceived outside world is really "there".

If there was a way to disprove solipsism then reincarnation with memory saved "to disk" would be the way to do so. Although such a feat would still lead to some form of solipsism, yet a paradoxical, "shared solipsism"

As to what Alan mcdougall said, I too, like being me, and wish not to reincarnate as somebody else. If it were up to me, I would reincarnate in the same body. But I dont know if thats possible.

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/answers.html#Will I remember

"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.