Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Paul Selig (Read 21077 times)
Lucy

C1
Paul Selig
Feb 26th, 2014 at 7:53am

Has anyone read any of Paul Selig's books?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Paul Selig
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 2:03pm

I can't say for certain, but my guess is that he is channeling some misleading dark beings.

Don't you find that doublespeak thing he does odd?

Chances are that he got involved with channeling the beings he channels because he is naive and hasn't learned the importance of using discrimination. 

Fortunately, none of us needs to listen to him in order to get what we need in life.

I believe it's important to add that if we get involved with a source, to the degree we do so we make an energetic connection to that source. So we might want to take care.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 2:47pm

No.  Have you? 

Personally, i have a bit of an inherent mistrust of channelers that charge 300 dollars per hour, or 175 per half hour, for readings with them.  Especially when they are popular and somewhat well known. 

You might think someone devoted to service and the Light, once they became more well known and increase clientele and reading amounts, that they might lower their prices. 

Guess not.  The New Age is sure a booming, growing business.  Poor folks don't need readings as much as well off people.

Here's the simple truth though.  Those who are truly very intune with PUL and the Creative Forces, care very little for money and material wealth beyond basic necessities and maybe a little extra spending for fun, and helping others.  (i'm not saying there aren't rich people more intune with PUL, but rather if they are, they often are spending a lot on others in some form or manner). 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 2:57am

I listened to one of his channelings on youtube.  The messages seemed to be good and positive, though extremely generalized and repeating, for this one.

My sense is that it's a combo of different things, mostly his unconscious mixed his conscious and with some guidance coming through. 

But, i don't think it's more purely direct guidance as he might want us to believe.  Also, my sense that money and notoriety is a definite factor in it too. 

I think if he was asked to verify specific type information, he would have a very difficult time of it.   Ever notice this about most psychic and channeled stuff, how broadly and purely philosophical in nature it is?   The reason why, is because there is not a direct and stronger connection to guidance. 

When Rosalind McKnight was working with Bob Monroe and her guidance, her guidance would frequently read Bob's mind about questions and issues he had before he voiced them.  Yes, they were very philosophical in nature, but they could easily produce verifications via her.  This is not to even mention the strange electrical phenomena that sometimes happened during their more intense/deep sessions.  (cars parked too close to that part of the building would have the car batteries drained dead)

These kind of channeled and psychic sources seem to be rather rare in this world. 

However, there are A LOT of Paul Selig type channels and psychics in the world.   As long as their messages are basically positive and sound, i think it's ok, but i do have some disagreement when it becomes more about money and notoriety.

I can't say for certain how much of that kind of intent and motivation is involved with Paul Selig.  I do know that the more that becomes a focus in a person, the more it tends to keep the channel static'y in relation to expanded guidance.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:11pm

For anyone who is interested, here is an interview with Paul Selig

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2014/01/30/reclaim-divine-self-worth-purpose/

I am reading his books

The aim seems to be to get the reader closer to Christ Conciousness

I don't know what I think of this material intellectually

It is touching me emotionally and helpng me examine some beliefs I have that are hurting me and I am in the middle of an ongoing crisis in my work life and so I am grateful for that

I don't know what I really think if channelled material it is all a little odd including Cayce (I admit I like Seth as a personality even though I haven't a clue what was going on; mSeth always seems so positive)

It seems good that Selig maintains his "private" life. He teaches I think. I didn't check what he charges but they all charge too much, including TMI, and they get it too!  (That reminds me of the story of the man who started Reiki. He tried to give it away and nobody wanted it. The audience doesn't like it as much if it is free. He was more successful when he charged for reiki). I was thinking of getting a workshop from someone who works with TMI and he wants $700 for it on sale.  what's the dif? the Selig  books were much cheaper.

Someone I know of in my area who has a(physical  place devoted to some alternative things is planning to try to get him to come for a workshop or talk so maybe I will have an opportunity to see him in the physical but not soon.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 6:20pm

Lucy wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:11pm:
For anyone who is interested, here is an interview with Paul Selig

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2014/01/30/reclaim-divine-self-worth-purpose/

I am reading his books

The aim seems to be to get the reader closer to Christ Consciousness

I don't know what I think of this material intellectually

It is touching me emotionally and helpng me examine some beliefs I have that are hurting me and I am in the middle of an ongoing crisis in my work life and so I am grateful for that

I don't know what I really think if channelled material it is all a little odd including Cayce (I admit I like Seth as a personality even though I haven't a clue what was going on; mSeth always seems so positive)

It seems good that Selig maintains his "private" life. He teaches I think. I didn't check what he charges but they all charge too much, including TMI, and they get it too!  (That reminds me of the story of the man who started Reiki. He tried to give it away and nobody wanted it. The audience doesn't like it as much if it is free. He was more successful when he charged for reiki). I was thinking of getting a workshop from someone who works with TMI and he wants $700 for it on sale.  what's the dif? the Selig  books were much cheaper.

Someone I know of in my area who has a(physical  place devoted to some alternative things is planning to try to get him to come for a workshop or talk so maybe I will have an opportunity to see him in the physical but not soon.

Glad to hear that this material is helping you emotionally.  Certainly trying to get people to awaken Christ Consciousness is a good thing.  Like i said earlier, i thought the messages during that one session were pretty positive and good. 

Yes, i think TMI charges a bit too much as well.  Becky and i were lucky and got a bit of a last minute discount.  I think we paid around 1700 some 7 years back for the Gateway program at Faber.

But comparing a TMI program, to say a reading over the phone with a psychic/channel, i think is comparing apples and oranges to some extent. 

For example, if you took the amount that Paul charges per hour and compare that to the time spent at The Monroe Institute during a program, not including sleeping, it comes out to a total of 28, 800 dollars.  But at a TMI program, you're also getting fed, housed, air conditioning or heat, they have various employees to pay, hot water, etc.

So, in a direct apple to apple comparison, TMI is quite cheaper. 

I don't think just because something is free, people aren't going to want it, or respect it.   Look at Alan's free remote viewings of members here.  People were coming out of the woodwork requesting these.  That thread is years old, and still people are asking for a free remote viewing.

I use to do astrological charts for people for free, except when they insisted i take some payment.  I still had plenty of requests. 

I guess what i'm saying is, stay skeptical but open minded.  If it's helping you on one level that is good.  I hope it continues to help you.   

« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:54pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:49pm

Thank you for the link, Lucy.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 4:42pm

Here's a past forum discussion about Paul Selig. I believe it is worthwhile to be careful about channeled sources that require a lot of involvement.

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1320995102/0

Consider reading the book "A Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts" by Joe Fischer. He visisted a number of channelers that had group-like followings. Rather than taking the channeled spirits word for everything he investigated their claims (e.g.; supposed past life connections between group members and the spirits channeled), and found that they weren't true. He wrote his book, the channeled spirits became unhappy about this, and haunted him until he committed suicide.

A good question to ask, "would a genuine being of love and light channel itself to a cult-like following for years?

http://www.anomalist.com/milestones/fisher.html

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 4:18am

One of the joys of finding "new" people (authors etc) is finding links to other new people, who have for me a new perspective on this whole "evolution of conciousness" thing we are all trying to go through.

A link on Selig's website led me to this, a new approach to all these ideas.

http://jonescinemaarts.com/the-aoti-journal/2010/6/17/authors-of-the-impossible-...

which I find much more fun that just rehashing all the old arguments.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 1:54pm

Lucy:

Perhaps you are saying it is okay for you to be critical of people that are passionate enough about something that they will speak about it repeatedly, but it isn’t okay for such people to be critical.

Consider this analogy. Say there is Country A that wants to invade country B. Country A writes some books that serve the purpose of misleading people in Country B so it will be easier to invade Country B.

If such a scenario existed, would it be wrong for people from Country B to warn other people from Country B of what is taking place?

To what extent does my analogy apply? To what extent are unseen forces influencing this World in a negative way? I don’t have enough information to quantify this. But I do believe I have enough to speak as I do at times.

When people speak as if people such as myself can’t speak up, I don’t feel like I’m being repressed. Rather, I feel that the goodness that represents divine will gets repressed. It seems as if some people are okay with anybody who speaks on behalf of misleading sources, but not anybody who wants to speak on behalf of friendly sources. I find this somewhat upsetting.

Please don’t misconstrue what I said to mean that I am implying that I am some chosen speaker who speaks on the behalf of that which is divine. I believe that anybody who uses his (or her) discrimination to an extent where he is able to recognize misleading sources and out of a deep caring speaks up, helps that which is divine to some extent. 

IP Logged

seagull

ALK Member

land sea sky
Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2014 at 6:00pm

Thank you for the link, Lucy.

IP Logged

Lulu

ALK Member

Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 2:56pm

I too have read Paul Selig's books and for the most part have found them powerful, though there has been a subtle "demanding" feeling with them as well.  By that I mean that I have felt a certain heaviness to them, not a light engaging vibration that is felt when you find yourself in a conversation with someone and there is a respectful give and take.  For all of the "good" that I connect with coming from these books, there is also a "bulling" side to them.  I have been to a workshop of his and have also had a private reading.  I am not here malign anyone but simply saying that it's alright to question.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 3:26pm

Hello Lulu:

Thank you for sharing your experience. The good news is that even if Paul has some good information to share, you don't have to become a hardcore devotee of whatever it is he channels to benefit. Smiley  Just  choose what is right for you.

Lulu wrote on Mar 13th, 2014 at 2:56pm:
I too have read Paul Selig's books and for the most part have found them powerful, though there has been a subtle "demanding" feeling with them as well.  By that I mean that I have felt a certain heaviness to them, not a light engaging vibration that is felt when you find yourself in a conversation with someone and there is a respectful give and take.  For all of the "good" that I connect with coming from these books, there is also a "bulling" side to them.  I have been to a workshop of his and have also had a private reading.  I am not here malign anyone but simply saying that it's alright to question.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #13 - Mar 14th, 2014 at 5:01am

The book starts off talking about the Word

In the beginning was the Word
and the Word was with God
and the Word was God

SO what the heck does that mean? When I was a kid (and still went to church..it was the Bible Belt after all) we spent a very little bit of time puzzling over that.

What a great place to start a book!

So the subject matter is raising frequency to achieve Christ Conciousness. Hey! Finally someone has a plan!

So I don't know if it "works" but it is an interesting read to me. If you affirm you are the Word...the frequency of Christ Conciousness, then will you achieve it?

But I don't see anything to be afraid of.

and of course, being me, that title makes other things start running in the back of my mind..like

Grease is the word
Grease is the word

so I refreshed my memory as to the words to that. Somehow it isn't totally disconnected from this....

"Their lips are lying, only real is real
We start to find right now, we got to be what we feel....

We start believing now that we can be who we are....

This is the life of illusion
Wrapped up in trouble, laced with confusion
What are we doing here?..."

http://www.metrolyrics.com/grease-lyrics-grease.html

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 14th, 2014 at 12:34pm

. Quote:
If you affirm you are the Word...the frequency of Christ Conciousness, then will you achieve it?

No.  Some part of us knows this already anyways.  At best, affirmations and programming of the subconscious mind can help facilitate the process, or maybe lubricate the process.

But, it's still largely up to your conscious self's use of freewill in your daily interactions with others, and also how you treat self (including even the body). 

I briefly lived with a woman (roommate) who had some eyesight and medical problems.  She was towards the New Agey in orientation and beliefs.   One time, i saw her very upset and crying about her problems, and she kept repeating an affirmation over and over again.  Basically it was about already being healed.

It didn't change her reality or her condition(s).  She had same for deeper reasons related to growth towards Christ Consciousness. 

There are no short cuts to growth of Christ Consciousness.  The only short cut, is to actually live it, to choose in that same manner.  To have positive intents and motivations, to step outside of self and let self be passed by when necessary, to attune to Love, to meditate-pray, to eat well and keep the body healthy, etc, etc, etc

It is such a holistic endeavor.  It takes a deep dedication. In some cases, yes i do think that affirmations and the like, can help facilitate a little. 

But honestly, what would help more, is prayer.  Prayer to those purely Creative Consciousnesses that already consciously live in that Christ Consciousness, and for their help, guidance, and an attitude within self of seeking to be led. 

The whole, "not my will, but the Will of Source (and the purely Creative forces) be done in and through me." 

It's a type of little self sacrifice and putting aside, that tends to be hard for most humans, and at times even hard for those of us in-humans who came in from outside the ELS. 

Do you begin to see a pattern here, a shift, an emphasis from the outside to the inner in this process?

If you realize certain basic truths about reality and this process of growth, then you really don't need any more books, outside teachers or teachings, etc, all you need to do is to focus on living and choosing in a certain manner, and attuning self within to expanded guidance--the best and most effective teachers that there are.   

Everything else is just side info, which is not that important.  It's only important if it helps to reorient self back to those fundamental principles and process, or helps you to see certain things related to same more clearly.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.