Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Nanci Danison's NDE (Read 118416 times)
Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Nanci Danison's NDE
Jan 3rd, 2014 at 10:27am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qy_qT6iKC0

One of the most interesting NDE I've encountered.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Re: Nanci Danison's NDE
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 1:42pm

Yes, I read her NDE and watched some of her youtube videos. She had one of the most expansive NDEs I've read about. On one of her videos I like how she gets choked up and cries when she speaks of getting close to merging with source.

This doesn't mean she was going to dissapear completely. Rather, she would be a part of being that is one and many at the same time.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2014 at 2:13pm

Hi Kathy-

A very compelling story (although the interviewer could have been a bit better!).

I went to amazon intending to order one or more of her books.  As usual before I order anything I checked out the 1 star reviews, ignoring the 5 stars.

I know some folks have their own axes to grind but nonetheless there were some interesting reviews that made (at least to me) some good points and cause me to hesitate before placing an order.

Take a look, see what you think.

R

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 12:08am

Hi Roger,

Yes, I did the same thing, but decided to go ahead and order because what she is saying makes so much sense to me based on my own experiences and understanding.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 11:37am

Hi Kathy-

I'll be curious to get your assessment of the book.  I'm just a bit skeptical at this time but, as always, will keep an open mind. 

As you read it, see what you think about her references to ACIM and Conversations With God.  If what she says is really true, I think I'm in for a major belief system crash! Shocked

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 2:11pm

I haven't read Nanci's book recently so my memory of it might be a bit off. Plus I mainly read the NDE part which I believe is well worth reading.

Regarding her book referring to ACIM and CWG, the main way it does so, well, consider the two possibilities.

1. The World we live in is nothing but a dream, everything that happens within it is intended, so you don't have concern yourself about the negativity that takes place.

2. The World we live in is real, not everything that takes place within it is good, and you should concern yourself about the negativity that takes place.

I believe that both viewpoints are true in their own way. Each viewpoint represents an extreme. Some people bias more with 1 than 2, some with 2 more than 1. Going by some of the things she says in her book and her acknowledgement of ACIM and CWG, Nanci seems to have a Bias with number 1.

I don't believe this means she is a bad person. It just means that her discrimination is causing her to err on the side of 1 too much. It may be that what she wrote doesn't truly indicate how much she sides with 1. If she understood the extreme extent for which some people bias with 1, she might've been more careful about what she wrote.

My feeling is that from one perspective this World is just a dream. That doesn’t mean that people within it don’t suffer to an extent that isn’t preferable. The thing is, in order for free will to exist, the possibility has to be allowed that some of us will end up using it in a way that doesn’t benefit others. It wasn’t desirable for somebody such as Hitler to do the things he did no matter how much Walsch claims that God told him it was okay for Hitler to do what he did.

On one of her videos Nanci stated that at the end of her experience she was trying to remember everything she experienced, and the spirit beings she was with told her don’t try because it won’t be possible for her to do so, and that she should just remember the love part.

This being the case, it could be that her memory is incomplete about the 1 and 2 options above. Perhaps either before or after her experience her bias got corrupted by some of the moral relativism that can be found in ACIM and CWG.

Going by her videos, Nanci seems like a nice lady. I doubt that she represents something negative. It is more of a matter of none of us including myself knowing all of the answers, and each of us share false viewpoints to varying degrees.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2014 at 6:00pm

Hi Roger,

I've never read ACIM or CWG so can't help you there.  I will be happy to share my thoughts about the book and how what she has to say either corresponds or differs with my own experience and understanding.

In regards to what Albert is saying my current understanding is:

Points 1 & 2 - Both are true as Albert indicates and I actually thought in her videos that she explained this fairly well in her own words.  I didn't detect a lot of "new age" lingo.  There was some, but most of the language is fairly commonplace among most everyone these days.  Many scientists are theorizing that our universe is a virtual reality in which we all are game players.  She mentions this in one of her videos.  And this is where the idea of this world being an illusion comes in as it has since ancient times.  This makes perfect sense to me.  I honestly don't see how it can be any other way at this point in time. 

Whatever, reality we are incarnated in / focused in / has our full attention, etc., is what is real to us... we laugh, cry, suffer... etc. and it all is real because of the laws that govern this reality dictate our experience of it through sensory perception.  This is true not only for ELS, but for the realities she went into as well.  Once we leave the body, we are in a different reality and that reality is just as real as ELS was, including the things our mind manifests.

As I mentioned in Don's assumption thread, the reality we find ourselves in after we leave the body is conducive to the type of experience that Nanci calls "manifesting" or basically a reality where one manifests whatever their thought is.  She was aware enough to know that she was the one doing the manifesting of whatever she saw.  The disgusting tunnel, the beautiful meadow, the hospital scene.  She knew that even though it seemed very real, it was an illusion of her own mind and it was her mind that conjured up the images/reality.  I can't tell you how many times I've visited that reality and had the same experience of manifesting whatever I choose.  However, many people are not aware when they die that they are the ones doing this manifesting.  They're so use to the ways of ELS that they think what they experience is external, but it's not.  What you get is symbols or images that are representations of your thought.

On Don's assumptions thread we discussed Howard Storm's experience.  I know Don may disagree with me, but I'm fairly convinced that Storm, as a result of his fearful thoughts, unknowingly manifested his hellish experience.  That was possible because of the initial realm of consciousness we find ourselves in is a realm of consciousness that is conducive to our own thought manifesting our personal reality.  Once we recognize the light or we are open to it, then either we are instantly within it or we "go to" it depending on what our belief or our intent is.  At any rate, it seems some sort of shift takes place and we are in another reality with other beings that love us.

Our memories of our life in the ELS begins to fade and our ELS life seems more like a dream we had.  Perhaps this is one of the reasons why there isn't more ADC as Don has mentioned.  Another may be that as Nanci mentioned, we don't care about our body or the relationships we had in ELS were only important to us while we were in the ELS.  Perhaps we realize that it's only a portion of the greater "me" consciousness incarnated and that the "real" or "total self" or as I call it the "soul" consciousness had never left its non-physical existence, but is experiencing the ELS by projecting a portion of its consciousness as an incarnation of a physical body in the ELS.

For lack of a better description, life here from the perspective of our soul is similar to a simulation or a video game where we are characters playing a game of life to learn to be more organized consciousness, caring and loving, but it is being done vicariously so to speak.  Sorry if I sound a bit loony tunes!  This is difficult to put into understandable metaphors that actually make sense.  And as Albert mentions, we all have different ways to explain and understand something based on our personal experience.  A lot of times, it's just a matter of semantics.  Especially when we have experiences that are new to us or what we call paranormal.  It's hard to explain something to not only our self, but also someone else when we or they have no reference point because we or they have never had the experience previously.

Kathy

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 4:24pm

Kathy:

Just so you know I read your response, I agree with much of what you said.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 5:14pm

Kathy-

A great post!  I'm adding it to "keepers" collection.

Just to add, in the many years I've researched afterlife material, there seems to be two main and somewhat opposing themes:

1.  We are here to learn.  Life is a school.  We come back many times until we get it right.  Integral to this theme is the life review, a powerful learning tool of the highest order because we not only experience the things we did and said during our lifetime, but we also experience how our actions and words affected others, both positive and negative.  Many people shy away from this but in the end we must all go through it.

2.  We are here to "experience."  Learning doesn't seem to be a priority or purpose. As Bruce wrote, we are probes and we send information back to our disk.  Some of the channeled material supports this, primarily Elias.  And in her video, Danison refers to this by saying (as I recall) that we are all part of the Source and we were created in order for the Source to gather all kinds and types of experiences, presumably no distinction between good and bad at least as we would interpret it.  A rough parallel to Bruce's probes and disks.

I remember Danison saying that her life review was done, but she was kind of "off to the side" during the review and not directly involved, as virtually all other NDE reports indicate.  That is definitely the first time I heard that kind of description.

Anxious to get your reactions to her book!

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 5:25pm

I can't remember where, I have read another account of a life review where it wasn't necessary for a person to feel the effects of their life to the same extent that some NDErs state. Perhaps it varies according to what is needed.

I believe it is possible for some mind-based activities to take place without a Soul being fully conscious of these activities.

Even if a person feels remorse for what he (or she) did this isn't a matter of punishment. Rather, it is a matter of what is needed in order for a person (Soul) to evolve.

Learning versus experience?  I believe that for the most part they go together.  We learn through experience.  Some sources might emphasize the experience part without speaking about learning either because they just simply omitted the learning part even thought they believe it is key, or because they are in some way a questionable source.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 5:59pm

Albert-

Yes we learn from experience.  I should have clarified that the "experience" theme does not make a distinction between so-called good vs bad.

It follows the ACIM philosophy, which claims there is no such thing as sin or sinful behavior.  It's all an illusion.  We're not here necessarily to do good but instead to experience life in all its aspects.

In that regard, no distinction is made between doing good or bad because supposedly those things don't really exist. 

To use an extreme example, there's no real difference between Hitler and Mother Teresa.  It's not a question of good vs bad, it's just a difference in experiences.

I personally object to that kind of thought but I can see where it appeals to certain people!  No consequences or accountability?  Wow.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2014 at 7:08pm

Roger:

Perhaps in the end everything will work out for the best and about bazillion years from now as advanced Souls we'll look back at what happens today as a dream that happened long ago.

One of the things that will enable us to become advanced Souls is having the ability to differentiate between that which is negative as compared to that which is positive.

If a being doesn't have the ability to understand the difference between treating someone in a loving way rather than a negative way, such a being won't fully understand what love is about. How could such a being be an advanced being? It seems to me that such a being would be quite ignorant.

Yet Walsch with his CWG expects people to believe that God loves everything that takes place and doesn't mind when people do as Hitler does.

How can one truly understand the beauty of what Mother Teresa did if one doesn't understand the negativity of what Hitler did?

I don't mean that Hitler should be punished for all of eternity, but until he understands the difference between what is beautiful, wonderful and loving; as opposed to what is negative, he won't be able to evolve in a positive way.

Some of these nothing is real sources can cause people to become indifferent. I know of people who have become indifferent because of such sources. This makes it so they don't open up to compassion as much as is possible. This might prevent them from having a service oriented approach to life. How can this possibly be good for their spiritual development?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 12:31pm

Hi Roger,

I agree with Albert in that we learn from experience, but it does sound like some sources you mentioned could be misleading to a certain extent.  Or at least not explaining themselves well enough, which likely is a common problem with most of us.  Personally, I think it's a matter of perspective.  Clearly from a human perspective there is a world of difference between the intent that led to Mother Teresa's actions and the intent behind Hitler's actions.  Now, from the perspective of an evolving consciousness system exploring all possibilities to see which ones are beneficial to its evolution, then perhaps to experience any and all directions would be the only way to be able to choose the most beneficial way to evolve.  What changes its being in the most productive ways lives on.  What is not beneficial simply falls away or dies off eventually.

I think a lot people project our human morality onto their idea of what God is.  I don't think human morality has all that much to do with God because human morality evolved and is still evolving through human activities.  That's not to say that we don't have help to evolve in the right direction.  Also when people say things like there is no sin or no good or bad and that there's only unconditional love, I see that as all of us being loved simply because we are a spiritual being and a part of the whole.  Similar to how we as parents love our children simply because they are a part of us.  They don't have to do anything either good or bad in order for us to love them.  We try to guide them in the right direction, but when they fail, we still love them in spite of their failures.

If Hitler felt the same feelings as the people he'd caused harm to and interacted with during his life review, can you imagine the pain he would have felt?  I wonder if his experiencing that much pain would have been enough for him to learn from and change?

I got my shipping notice for the book and realized that I mistakenly ordered her third book instead of her first book.  I'll probably go ahead and read it before I decide if I want to order the first one she wrote.  Amazon takes returns but with shipping costs, I may as well keep it.

K

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 1:51pm

Kathy:

I get what you just said.  I don't know, but Walsch's supposed dialogues with God seem a bit contrived to me to be actual conversations. It could be that Walsch wrote what he believes. What he wrote represents the truth to the extent he got it right.

If one tries to determine whether Walsch actually received words from God by considering the philosophical points that Walsch makes, it might be hard to come to a conclusion that most people will agree upon.

If Walsch actually receives information from God, then he should be able to sit in front of a panel of experts from various fields and have correct answers for all of their questions. This isn't what he does.

However, within CWG there might be a few factual points that he got wrong. I'm going to see if I can motivate myself to read the entire CWG. Hopefully I'll find that mostly true and good things are said. I will try to determine if Walsch made some fact-based mistakes that God wouldn't make. 

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 2:26pm

Albert-

If you do re-read CWG, you'll see many similarities to ACIM.  As a matter of fact, I personally am convinced the author cribbed liberally from ACIM as did Gary Renarb in his Disappearance of the Universe book.

Again, I know experience and learning go hand in hand.  That really wasn't my point.  I meant that in the context of ACIM, experience has no moral value.  It simply is what it is.  If experience involves doing "bad" things, so be it.  Doesn't matter since good and bad acts are not real. 

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 13
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.