Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
trouble achieving an OBE (Read 5053 times)
rrreed1

ALK Member

trouble achieving an OBE
Feb 28th, 2013 at 7:47pm

Since a young age I have had weird experiences that I am now learning more about.  Everything from ghosts, to close OBEs, to "alien" type experiences, and premonition events.  I have been trying to have an OBE and I keep getting stuck if you will.  I will get to a point to were the vibrations through my body feel like im in a earthquake and sometimes I feel like im somewhere else, but nothing happens and I almost feel like I am stuck there and I cannot proceed any further.  If someone could give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: trouble achieving an OBE
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:16pm

What methods are you using?  What methods do you feel comfortable with?  An easy help is to use an OBE CD, but you can also train yourself to have one by setting intention before sleep.  It will probably take you several nights or a couple weeks, but if you persist in your intention and will you'll get it. 

Another good bit of advice is to define or redefine what having an OBE means to you.  If you believe that you're coming out of your physical body, then that might be the thing that's keeping you stuck.  But if you change your beliefs and understanding about the dynamics of what's actually taking place it might loosen you up. 

If you're comfortable with meditation and visualization, and if you're a little experienced with it, an easy practice technique is to focus on something and visualize it.  For instance if you're lying on your bed, then close your eyes and visualize your bedroom.  You don't have to literally see it, just imagine it.  Then imagine sitting up, getting out of bed, and walking through the room and out the door.  This is great practice for learning what it means to shift and move your conscious awareness.  That's what's actually happening when you have an OBE.  If you practice this method while drifting off to sleep, it's one the quickest ways I know to experience an actual OBE.  Also, if you awaken in the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning and can go back to sleep, you're already well rested and it's an easy transition. 

And within any state of awareness, whether waking, dreaming, or OBE, you have the ability to raise your consciousness.  Again, you're not actually moving, not in physical or spatial terms.  What's moving is your level of awareness within Consciousness.  Your own conscious awareness is what's moving, traveling, and exploring.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

rrreed1

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2013 at 2:10pm

I have tried multiple different techniques. not one in particular. All of them I seem to have a similar experience.  Thank you for the advice and I will definitely start trying what you recommended.

IP Logged

Thomas

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 12:34pm

Well I do think that ghost exist in real world, but it's not necessary that it may be seen by everyone. Since it's like wind sometimes here sometimes somewhere else.

IP Logged

BillB

ALK Member

NorthEast
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:58pm

I had a number of encounters with a little girl (~4 or 5 years old) in focus 23, as I was passing through.  She was looking for her deceased father.  I realized the girl was psychic. I would speak with her and send her home, but often I didn't know what to say to truly put the issue to rest for the little girl.

Then after some time, beings in focus 27 brought up the issue and told me that she must go home.  They seemed to give me help with what to say because after discussion with the girl the next time i saw her, it did seemed that she would be stay home more.  I haven't bumped into her since then.

IMO, I wonder why you are dwelling on specifically OBEs.  Just go with the experience and be open to what you may experience. However, I would condition your experiences with an affirmation statement such as Bob Monroe (and others) utilize.  You don't want just anything annoying you or misguiding you.

Simply be open and observant  to all the conscious spectrum and forget about your body..... that's just my opinion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.