Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
"Heaven is for Real" Colton's NDE at Age 4 (Read 36448 times)
pratekya

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Los Angeles, CA
Re: "Heaven is for Real" Colton's NDE at Age 4
Reply #30 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:05pm

Along with being a troll, and wanting to have his posts read as a indication of his importance somehow, Alan tends to post things and not make it clear that he didn't write them (I have shown this in the past).  I know he didn't specifically claim he wrote this, however he did change the name of the girl and conveniently not mention that he is not the author.

Alan next time please start a new thread and be clear about who the author of your post is.  Or you can keep doing this and I can keep pointing it out.  Actually your stuff I avoid; the only reason I lurk occasionally on this site is to read what Don and his serious debaters have to say.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1047701

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #31 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:02pm

Hello, 

You all who continue to be doubt these ‘afterlife experiences' need to be abit more critical of your doubts. Try being even partially as critical as you are of others’ beliefs. 

Harvey, regarding your post --
the first part just describes some of the nitty-gritty of how to get published.  How would you expect such a title to get published?  It’s interesting to know but it doesn’t prove anything.

The second part, the NYT article, is filled with ‘could’s and with the need for validations, so it represents its writer’s frame of mind, not facts either --

Think of what you ‘could' have done compared with what you did. "I could have ....” What? Become a better person? But I didn’t. Become a great artist?  But I didn’t. Coulds don’t happen. Could’s invalidate (just like woulds and shoulds.) They aren’t worth your time, Harvey.  Be suspicious of them!

That writer’s need for validation is sad. He’s looking for   truth in the wrong way by asking that a four-year olds story be set up like legal testimony in a trial. Who raises four year olds that way?  That family didn’t know when the boy started his memories of his NDE that he would have so many facets of experience, so how could they be prepared for what he would continue to reveal?

Please make sure that your critiques can hold up under scrutiny.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

harvey

Reply #32 - Jun 27th, 2012 at 6:10pm

betson wrote on Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:02pm:
Hello, 

You all who continue to be doubt these ‘afterlife experiences' need to be abit more critical of your doubts. Try being even partially as critical as you are of others’ beliefs. 

Harvey, regarding your post --
the first part just describes some of the nitty-gritty of how to get published.  How would you expect such a title to get published?  It’s interesting to know but it doesn’t prove anything.

The second part, the NYT article, is filled with ‘could’s and with the need for validations, so it represents its writer’s frame of mind, not facts either --

Think of what you ‘could' have done compared with what you did. "I could have ....” What? Become a better person? But I didn’t. Become a great artist?  But I didn’t. Coulds don’t happen. Could’s invalidate (just like woulds and shoulds.) They aren’t worth your time, Harvey.  Be suspicious of them!

That writer’s need for validation is sad. He’s looking for   truth in the wrong way by asking that a four-year olds story be set up like legal testimony in a trial. Who raises four year olds that way?  That family didn’t know when the boy started his memories of his NDE that he would have so many facets of experience, so how could they be prepared for what he would continue to reveal?

Please make sure that your critiques can hold up under scrutiny.

Betson

Hey Bet'sy and the rest of you guys. Remember the Warsaw ghetto uprising in WW2! Well, you better get those sandbags filled, and Lock and Load! Lynn Vincent and the rest of her conservative fundy Christians are planning an assault on your 'New Age Ghetto'! Actual pic of her below.  Grin

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #33 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 12:04am

Harvey, have you ever heard of the word "Love"?
Are you familiar with the concept of Karma?

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

harvey

Reply #34 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 12:45am

Mogenblue wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 12:04am:
Harvey, have you ever heard of the word "Love"?
Are you familiar with the concept of Karma?

No! I don't know the word 'love' or the concept 'Karma'!

Are you friggin' serious??? I was in Amsterdam in 1978 as a young man. I saw and experienced(being in these places) all the legal cafe's that sold hash and grass! Plus vegetarian food. I did not partake in any of it(drugs), but I drank huge amounts of Amstel beer!...Today, Hash and grass is still legal in Amsterdam, up to one once, 29 grams, in personal possession...I know you are a vegetarian, but do you smoke hash or grass now? Be honest.   

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #35 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 1:16am

Harvey, you are completely off topic.

Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #36 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 1:55am

harvey wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 12:45am:
I was in Amsterdam in 1978 as a young man. I saw and experienced(being in these places) all the legal cafe's that sold hash and grass! Plus vegetarian food. I did not partake in any of it(drugs),

Can you proof that? It is a criminal offense in the US.

Harvey shouldn't you inform Homeland Security that a citizan of Amsterdam is infiltrating this US based forum?
You must fullfill your duties. You have to.

IP Logged

harvey

Reply #37 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 2:16am

Mogenblue wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 1:55am:
I was in Amsterdam in 1978 as a young man. I saw and experienced(being in these places) all the legal cafe's that sold hash and grass! Plus vegetarian food. I did not partake in any of it(drugs),

Can you proof that? It is a criminal offense in the US.

Harvey shouldn't you inform Homeland Security that a citizan of Amsterdam is infiltrating this US based forum?
You must fullfill your duties. You have to.

Use spell check, English version, and clean out your bong before you rely again!

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #38 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 3:05am

harvey wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 2:16am:
Use spell check, English version, and clean out your bong before you rely again!

What do you mean with "rely"?
Are you stoned again?

IP Logged

harvey

Reply #39 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 3:47am

Mogenblue wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 3:05am:
harvey wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 2:16am:

What do you mean with "rely"?
Are you stoned again?

It looks like we have a real-sweetheart dutch clown here...I have never used illegal drugs in my present physical life....It seems you are avoiding my past inquiry...Do you smoke hashish and grass now, which is freely available in Amsterdam and legal?

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #40 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 5:24am

I was in Amsterdam in 1978 as a young man. I saw and experienced(being in these places) all the legal cafe's that sold hash and grass! Plus vegetarian food. I did not partake in any of it(drugs), but I drank huge amounts of Amstel beer 

Everybody knows that if you pass a coffeeshop overhere the stench will slam into your face if they keep the door open. That is because they vaporize it into the air.
So if you say you were only drinking beer in "those" places you still must have been stoned like a duck because you have been inhaling the air.
Hence
my question: are you stoned again?

IP Logged

ottawa1

ALK Member

Reply #41 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:36am

The fact that Todd's father is a minister says it all. He was the one who is the one who wrote the book (he told his kid what to say most likely).

I don't discount the possibility of there being an afterlife I just discount books peddled by Christian fundamentalists.

IP Logged

ottawa1

ALK Member

Reply #42 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:38am

http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/product-reviews/084994...

some very good reviews:

e.g. "I read this book truly hoping to find an account of life after death that I could believe in. Unfortunately the story has several factual errors which cast serious doubts about the legitimacy of the story. Add that to the increasingly fantastic imagery that emerges as the boy grows older and is exposed to more Christian "schooling" and Hollywood media and the whole story loses credibility."

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #43 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 12:29pm

I believe it is important to point out that Otawa provided a link for the one star reviews, so the example reviews provided don't tell the entire story of what people think of the book.

ottawa1 wrote on Jun 28th, 2012 at 9:38am:
http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/product-reviews/084994...

some very good reviews:

e.g. "I read this book truly hoping to find an account of life after death that I could believe in. Unfortunately the story has several factual errors which cast serious doubts about the legitimacy of the story. Add that to the increasingly fantastic imagery that emerges as the boy grows older and is exposed to more Christian "schooling" and Hollywood media and the whole story loses credibility."

IP Logged

ottawa1

ALK Member

Reply #44 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 1:00pm

This is true recoverer, but those reviews do sum up the problems nicely.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.