Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
"Heaven is for Real" Colton's NDE at Age 4 (Read 36533 times)
Berserk2

Re: "Heaven is for Real" Colton's NDE at Age 4
Reply #15 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 9:11pm

[recoverer:] I stopped reading the book when Colton told his dad that he is concerned about whether or not a man who had recently died had accepted Jesus into his heart.  Colton believed that if the man hadn’t, the man would go to hell. Such a way of thinking matches what fundamentalist Christians say.

So, recoverer, the moment you encounter an experiential detail that is not consistent with your own experience, your bias compels you to stap listening, even if that person's verifications are far superior to any of your own?   You are the walking definition of the close-minded New Age Ghetto.  Actually, I think you are totally distorting what Jesus actually communicated to Colton.  He was just 4, remember, too young to grasp the intricracies of the Christian Gospel.  Why not read the book and discover the full depths of what Colton's innocence has to offer?  If you do, I'm confident I can satisfy you about your complaint.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #16 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 10:38pm

Hi Recoverer,
Do you suppose that the child was coxed/schooled and infuenced by his father, to me this is a real possibility? The account is very detailed and hard to believe that it just originated from a boy of 4 years of age?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #17 - Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:20pm

Hi Don,

I like you believe there in no way to the father but through Jesus! I think that this really means, that the dead who have never heard of Jesus must also meet and accept or reject Jesus after they die in the afterlife. Just like those who are alive who had a chance in life due to being given the Gospel during their lives.

Everyone both the living and dead will see the Judgement day at the end of time. Why judge everyone if they are guilty and going to the same place namely hell, why must God waste his time, why judge if everyone is just going to be thrown into hell?

It is obvious if one reads the Gospels carefully that there are various degrees of punishments and various degrees of rewards in the afterlife as meted out by the infinite wisdom of God.

Jesus stated ‘Some will be beaten with few stripes and some with many” Clearly telling us we don’t all get the same punishment after death!

Jesus also said in the Beatitudes, “Great shall be your reward in heaven” Again clearly indicating that some will get great rewards and some lesser ones”

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelation 22:12.

I could go into extreme detail this idea but I leave if for now

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #18 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:51am

Quote:
I like you believe there in no way to the father but through Jesus! I think that this really means, that the dead who have never heard of Jesus must also meet and accept or reject Jesus after they die in the afterlife. Just like those who are alive who had a chance in life due to being given the Gospel during their lives.

It does not seem wise to me to put Jesus above LOVE which is what some religions do.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #19 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:26am

It is so clear to me that it matters what is in the inner nature of a man or a woman (what is in their heart), and not the identification of a single name or person (JC) that will determine their post-mortem fate. 

I maintain that the statement "no one can come to the father but through the son (JC)," can mean that he (JC) showed how it was done (to die and then reach heaven) through love - so that if a man wants to go back to the father (God) they must go in the same way JC did - through love and peace, along with giving up on egoistic self serving thought.   I think when this saying is repeated too many times, some fundamentalists believe that if you are not christian, and state aloud that you accept Jesus, you will be condemned to Hell even if you are a "good person."  This doesn't fit at all with the spirit of the gospels.

IP Logged

Mogenblue

dutch spirit

Amsterdam
Reply #20 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:10pm

DocM wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:26am:
It is so clear to me that it matters what is in the inner nature of a man or a woman (what is in their heart), and not the identification of a single name or person (JC) that will determine their post-mortem fate.

That's right. We were one with God before the Big Bang.
After the Big Bang our souls were created in a predefined path. Jesus was the first and had therefore the "edge", so to speak. If I had been the first ..... I would have had to come back 2000 years ago and had myself crucified.....
We will all return to God consciously and Jesus is not higher then LOVE. Jesus was not the creator of Love. He was created by it.

But if you say we are God with everything that goes with it BECAUSE we were One before the Big Bang then we are all the creator of LOVE. But then that still does not make Jesus better then any of us. We would still remain equal and one. Although we, overhere on Earth, still have a long way to make it all our own.

A View into the Hereafter
Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:28pm

Don:

Coulton's father was a pastor, so it's hard to believe that he was totaly ignorant about his father's Methodist viewpoints.

Gosh, you speak as if you are representing Christ's way, and then you get into that new age ghetto talk. Do you actually believe that such an approach is what Christ's love is about?

I figure that the beings Colton met with might've been wise enough to be careful about the kind of information they presented to Colton because if they weren't, his father might accuse him of being a part of the new age ghetto.

The truth that Jesus represents existed long before mankind's Christianity (it's numerous interpretations), and it will continue to exist long after mankind's Christianity no longer exists.

The reason many people have a hard time with Jesus is because too many people have sadly and erroneosly made him seem as if he is a heartless and ruthless dictator. A while back I went through a phase where I was being a bit fundamentalist on this forum, and the love-based beings I communicate with told me "You make us sound like a bunch of dictators."

JESUS IS NOT A DICTATOR! He is a being of perfect love and wisdom and acts like one regardless of what some people accuse him of. Is it really so bad what I wrote on my previous post?

God isn't looking for mindless slaves. He's looking for beings of love and wisdom.

Berserk2 wrote on Jun 24th, 2012 at 9:11pm:
[recoverer:] I stopped reading the book when Colton told his dad that he is concerned about whether or not a man who had recently died had accepted Jesus into his heart.  Colton believed that if the man hadn’t, the man would go to hell. Such a way of thinking matches what fundamentalist Christians say.

So, recoverer, the moment you encounter an experiential detail that is not consistent with your own experience, your bias compels you to stap listening, even if that person's verifications are far superior to any of your own?   You are the walking definition of the close-minded New Age Ghetto.  Actually, I think you are totally distorting what Jesus actually communicated to Colton.  He was just 4, remember, too young to grasp the intricracies of the Christian Gospel.  Why not read the book and discover the full depths of what Colton's innocence has to offer?  If you do, I'm confident I can satisfy you about your complaint.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:34pm

Lucy and Mogenblue made a good point. No one is above love.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:59pm

Here's a late addition to my below post.

The statements "Jesus loves you" and "You better believe in him or you'll go to hell for all of eternity" don't go together. Yet, that's how fundamentalists have presented them.

recoverer wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 12:28pm:
Don:

Coulton's father was a pastor, so it's hard to believe that he was totaly ignorant about his father's Methodist viewpoints.

Gosh, you speak as if you are representing Christ's way, and then you get into that new age ghetto talk. Do you actually believe that such an approach is what Christ's love is about?

I figure that the beings Colton met with might've been wise enough to be careful about the kind of information they presented to Colton because if they weren't, his father might accuse him of being a part of the new age ghetto.

The truth that Jesus represents existed long before mankind's Christianity (it's numerous interpretations), and it will continue to exist long after mankind's Christianity no longer exists.

The reason many people have a hard time with Jesus is because too many people have sadly and erroneosly made him seem as if he is a heartless and ruthless dictator. A while back I went through a phase where I was being a bit fundamentalist on this forum, and the love-based beings I communicate with told me "You make us sound like a bunch of dictators."

JESUS IS NOT A DICTATOR! He is a being of perfect love and wisdom and acts like one regardless of what some people accuse him of. Is it really so bad what I wrote on my previous post?

God isn't looking for mindless slaves. He's looking for beings of love and wisdom.

Berserk2 wrote on Jun 24th, 2012 at 9:11pm:

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #24 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:21pm

recoverer,

I'm saying that your comments and refusal to continue reading distort what Colton's NDE actually does and does not teach about Jesus.  So read or reread the book to get the whole picture. 
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012 at 8:55pm by Berserk2 »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #25 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 4:38pm

Don:

I don't know when I'll be able to get a copy of the book again. The part of the book I'm speaking of,  Colton did tell his dad that if a recently deceased man hadn't accepted Jesus in his heart, he would go to hell.

Going by what other parts of the book said, did he say something that shows that he received information during his NDE that contradicts the "you better accept or else viewpoint?"

On an earlier post you wrote to me, "your bias compels you to stop listening, even if that person's verifications are far superior to any of your own."

Are you certain enough about my knowledge and experiences to know that I couldn't have an understanding that is wiser than the you better accept or else viewpoint?

Consider this example. A fundamentalist writes a book about Jesus. When I start reading it I don't know that it was written by fundamentalist. After reading the book for a while I find that the author makes statements that are fundamentalist in nature. Would I actually be required to read the rest of the book just in case the author starts speaking in a way that is non-fundamentalist? Or would it be best for me to save some time and not continue reading the book?

What if you started to read a book that claimed to be a valid source of divine information. Early on it states that ACIM comes from Jesus Christ. Would you feel compelled to keep reading the book just in case it rights itself, or would the early statements about ACIM deter you?

Berserk2 wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 3:21pm:
recoverer,

I'm saying that your comments and refusal to continue raeding distort what Colton's NDE actually does and does not teach about Jesus.  So read or reread the book to get the whole picture. 

IP Logged

harvey

Reply #26 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 6:08pm

From the New York Times:

"Heaven Is for Real” was published in late 2010, became a word-of-mouth best seller and has spent 59 (nonconsecutive) weeks as the No. 1 nonfiction paperback on The New York Times’s best-seller list. Recently the publisher, Thomas Nelson, spun off a children’s picture book, now also a best seller, with illustrations verified by Colton. And sometime in 2014, courtesy of DeVon Franklin, vice president of production at Columbia Pictures, who considers his faith “a professional asset,” a movie version should be released in theaters. "

Wow! I'll bet the Burpo's are laughing all the way to the bank!

Lynn Vincent, who co-authored the book with Todd Burpo. Quote: "Vincent, a U.S. Navy veteran, spent 11 years as an investigative reporter and feature writer for WORLD magazine, a conservative Christian newsweekly with a paid subscribership of more than 120,000. She has lectured on writing at the World Journalism Institute, and at The King's College in New York City. Vincent was hired by former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin to be the collaborator on Palin's memoir, Going Rogue. Upon release, the book immediately hit no. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Palin's memoir is one of only four political memoirs to sell more than 1 million copies, with current sales over 3 million."

Wow! She must be one helluva writer/storyteller!

The World Journalism Institute and the King's College. Quote: "The World Journalism Institute (WJI) was founded by Robert Case II in 1999. WJI is an independent journalism school whose mission is to recruit, equip, place and encourage journalists who are Christians in the mainstream newsrooms of America. In 1998, Marvin Olasky, Nick Eicher, and Robert Case II discussed the possibility of establishing an independent school of journalism with Joel Belz, publisher of World magazine. The institute is currently the largest independent school of journalism for Christian journalists in the U.S. and is headquartered in New York City on the campus of The King's College."

Don't fundamentalist Christians also call themselves conservative Christians?

Now from the other side. Quote: "It is rather a shame. Thanks to Heaven Is For Real, for the rest of Colton Burpo’s life people may well want to talk to him about something he barely remembers more than anything he achieves afterwards.

What Colton Burpo didn’t already know about what was going on in the real world while he was unconscious, he could have guessed (for instance that his extremely religious parents were praying). If any of the real-world revelations still seem too unlikely, the father and author Todd Burpo admits a period at the beginning of the poor kid’s interrogation when Todd hadn’t thought not to ask leading questions. There’s no telling what he fed Colton.

As for Colton’s descriptions of heaven, he could have picked up any amount of theological geography from his father before the event. Despite this, he recounted a great deal of detail which doesn’t match the Bible at all. Some believers have rejected the whole thing on this basis, but there are many others who simply ignore what Colton got “wrong” even as they proclaim what he got “right”.

There’s a decent critique of the book and the kid’s story here, written by a Christian apologist academic of all people. He’s one of those for whom the “wrong” theology is a dealbreaker. So you see, even many of the faithful aren’t happy with Colton’s testimony."

Here's the Christian apologist academic article. Quote: 'Heaven may be for real, but no matter how emotionally appealing you find it, the story in this book – isn’t.

These days there are more than a few “near death experience” books making the rounds that were written by Christians. This one’s a little different in that the witness is a very young boy, Colton Burpo – which makes the emotional appeal all the harder to wipe out with rational analysis.

However, like it or not, from an evidential perspective, the details in the book don’t add up to a reliable testimony. Not that there is much useful that could be used for that. Over 99 percent of the book is simply narrative, with nothing with which the spirits can be tested save a few details, which can be classified into two categories.

The first category could be good proof for the veracity of Colton’s experiences, if they could surely be found to be valid – which they unfortunately cannot. The second category, however, absolutely proves Colton’s story to be merely a case of imagination – and we’ll get to that shortly.

The first category has to do with events allegedly perceived by the subject NDE experiencer which occur during their indisposition – typically, things like allegedly seeing loved ones from some higher vantage point. I’m not out here to determine whether NDE experiences are real or not, but I will judge whether the evidence given shows that this one is, and the evidence in this first category, while seemingly impressive on the surface, doesn’t add up to enough significance to be determinative:

xx-xxi, 61 – Colton claims he left his body and saw what turned out to be an accurate (but very vague) description of what his parents were doing at the time: His father praying in one room, and his mother on the phone and praying in another.

43 – Colton indicates knowledge that he had nearly died.

91 – Colton tells his father that Jesus had called him (Todd) to be a pastor when he was younger.

94-5 – Colton shows awareness of having had an unborn sister who had died while still enwombed.

122-3 Colton recognizes a photo of his deceased grandfather as a younger man, matching it to a man he reputedly met in heaven.

Finally, here and there, there are examples given where Colton describes details in accord with some Biblical text (particularly Revelation).

Todd Burpo assures us that he shared none of these details with Colton, but there is little done to validate this assurance. For the second example (43) he wonders if the medical staff of the hospital could have said something Colton overheard, but this is not investigated at all. For the rest, there is nothing to show that these details were not somehow gathered by some other means by Colton – whether from other relatives, members of Burpo’s church, or overheard conversations with other parties.

That’s the first category. The second has fewer entries, but it far more damning for the authenticity of Colton’s experiences, especially as far as the Christian is concerned: How well do Colton’s experiences accord with external evidence not found in the Bible? It’s the sort of thing that could never occur to someone like Colton’s father Todd as a small town pastor whose theological education is quite limited (a BA in Theology), and so offers an ideal way to “test the spirits”.

100-1 – though rightly offering the Biblical detail that Jesus sat at God’s right hand, Colton offers the non-Biblical detail that Gabriel sits at God’s left. However, in reality, this would be a serious violation of the protocols of honor and hierarchy, and difficult to explain barring an overhaul of theology as we know it. Gabriel being seated at God’s left would amount to just about making him a co-ruler with God and His rough equal. If any ought be seated on God’s left, it is the Spirit. (Good thing Colton did not say it was Michael, or the JWs would have to rework their whole christology!)

133 – highly problematic for me as a preterist, Colton sees Satan running around free.

67 – However, the detail that ultimately invalidates Colton’s experiences irrevocably is that he describes seeing the wounds of Jesus’ crucifixion. Apart from questions of whether the wounds were indeed present after the Resurrection (the showing of the hands and feet is better related to the social concept of hands and feet as “zones of interaction” validating Jesus’ physical presence), Colton places then in Jesus’ palms and the middle of his feet – whereas genuine crucifixion victims had nails driven into their wrists and heel. Ironically, Todd Burpo does not believe his son ever saw a crucifix, and says, “We know where the nails were driven when Jesus was crucified” – but with this, he unwittingly shows that Colton’s vision of a wounded Jesus did come from some more modern image, because the fact is, he and Colton do NOT know where the nails went.

144 --Just as damning is the fact that Colton identified Jesus with a portrait done by Akiane Kramarik, who was also a very young child who claimed an NDE and a heavenly visit. While Todd Burpo sees in this an amazing validation, a look at Kramarik’s portrait shows it to be the white, Anglo-Saxon Jesus of modern, Western culture – a being that would have been recognized as a foreigner in first century Jewish Palestine.

Sadly, there is more at stake here than a child’s winsome but wayward tale of heavenly experiences. There is not much theology in this book, but what little there is, is highly questionable (such as a poor theology of prayer s a gumball machine, 109). Far worse, however, is that this book will draw us much further into the trap that is emotional and experiential authentication and away from support for our loyalty (faith) in evidence. Having been a #1 New York Times bestseller, the success of this book is more a tragedy than something to be celebrated."

Harvey

IP Logged

vikingsgal

Northern Illinois
Reply #27 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 6:10pm

DocM wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 10:26am:

I maintain that the statement "no one can come to the father but through the son (JC)," can mean that he (JC) showed how it was done (to die and then reach heaven) through love - so that if a man wants to go back to the father (God) they must go in the same way JC did - through love and peace, along with giving up on egoistic self serving thought.   I think when this saying is repeated too many times, some fundamentalists believe that if you are not christian, and state aloud that you accept Jesus, you will be condemned to Hell even if you are a "good person."  This doesn't fit at all with the spirit of the gospels. 

Excellent, logical thought expressed with your usual
kindness.  By the way, although abit late, I hope you
and your family had a happy Father's Day.

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #28 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:27pm

[recoverer:] I don't know when I'll be able to get a copy of the book again. The part of the book I'm speaking of,  Colton did tell his dad that if a recently deceased man hadn't accepted Jesus in his heart, he would go to hell.

No, you are misrepsenting Colton.  The word "Hell" is not mentioned in the statement in question.  More importantly, Colton never claims that Jesus told him anything like this in his NDE.  True, Colton and the deceased chlldren he encounters do experience Jesus in their hearts.  I had planned to discuss the issue of Christian NDE features after I presented the paranormal evidence that helped make this a best seller.  But first I'm off to Buffalo from Washington sate to perform a wedding.  So I'll have to postpone this for a week. 

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #29 - Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:34am

Berserk2 wrote on Jun 25th, 2012 at 9:27pm:
[recoverer:] I don't know when I'll be able to get a copy of the book again. The part of the book I'm speaking of,  Colton did tell his dad that if a recently deceased man hadn't accepted Jesus in his heart, he would go to hell.

No, you are misrepsenting Colton.  The word "Hell" is not mentioned in the statement in question.  More importantly, Colton never claims that Jesus told him anything like this in his NDE.  True, Colton and the deceased chlldren he encounters do experience Jesus in their hearts.  I had planned to discuss the issue of Christian NDE features after I presented the paranormal evidence that helped make this a best seller.  But first I'm off to Buffalo from Washington sate to perform a wedding.  So I'll have to postpone this for a week. 

Hi Don please respond to this story?

The story of Beauty an African girl.

The following trial and judgment is based on the teachings of the world’s leading clergymen and theologians. “My God is a god of love not the monster depicted by these idiots “in the following imaginary trial on the great judgment day of God”

A theoretical Judgment Day for a young African girl named Beauty, who died at age seventeen while giving birth to her first child:

God: What do you have to say for yourself, Beauty?

Beauty: I’m sorry, your holiness, I am frightened and I don’t understand the question.

God: There is nothing to be frightened of, my child. I won’t hurt you. Tell me about your life?

Beauty: I was born number three of seven children. My mother and father loved us very much. They taught us many things like, food getting, fire cooking, clothes making, basket making, the rules of our tribe, and how to worship the great maker.

God: That would be me. I am the Great Maker. Tell me about that. How did you worship me?

Beauty: Well, we were told to treat everyone in the tribe real good. That is what the great maker wanted all of us to do to be really good to all people. We were told that the great maker would then be really good to us. Life was pretty good except when we didn’t have much food to eat, and when a bad tribe from far away came and burned our village and killed many of our people.

God: Did you hate those bad men who killed your people?

Beauty: Yes, your holiness, of course we hated them.

God: Do you know that it is a sin to hate?

Beauty: What is a sin?

God: Something bad.

Beauty: I knew it was bad to cheek my Mother and Father. I was but seven years old when my village was burned. I don’t think I hate them anymore. All I ever wanted was a place to live in peace with enough food to eat, and to raise my baby to be a fine woman. Is that bad, your holiness?

God: You mean to tell me you have never done anything bad that you knew was bad?

Beauty: Yes I did, your holiness, many times. And my mother would hit my bottom with a stick if she saw me do something bad. But when I was having my baby, it hurt a hundred times more than when mother hit me with a stick. And that’s the last thing I remember until being brought here.

God: You know, Beauty, I had a son.

Beauty: I’ll bet you were real proud of him.

God: No one will ever know how much. All his life, he taught people to love each other and to forgive each other for being bad, and even to love their enemies.

Beauty: He sounds like a nice man.

God: Yes he was. But when he was just a young man, the worshippers of the great maker banded together and killed my son by nailing him to a cross made out of wood.

Beauty: Oh, God! I am so sorry. I know you must miss him a lot.

God: No, child. He’s alive with me. I brought him back to life only three days after they killed him. He is now the saviour of all people on earth.

Beauty: We never heard of your son in Africa where I live. I so wish that your son could have saved my tribe from those bad people when I was a little girl.

God: My son can save people even if they are dead.

Beauty: Wow! That sounds too good to be true. How does you son actually save all people?

God: He doesn’t save all people.

Beauty: But your holiness, you said he is the saviour of all the people on earth.

God: Yes, my child. My son is the saviour of all people; it’s just that he doesn’t actually save all people.

Beauty: I don’t understand "he is, but he isn’t." If I would have ever said something as confusing as that to my Momma, she would have hit me with a stick.

God: Let me explain: My son died such a bad death to pay for all the bad things that bad people do. Now anyone who believes my son did a good thing for them will not be hurt for the bad things they did, but will live for ever. I have written all these rules in a book called the bible. It says in the bible that what you get for doing bad is death. But if any one likes my son’s sacrifice for their bad life, I will give them a free gift of everlasting life.

Beauty: Oh god! I hardly know what to say. You mean if I believe in your son who did a good thing for me, even though I have often been bad, that you will give me a life that never ends?

God: No child. Not you. You don’t understand the higher scholarship of
Christian theology. You see, you don’t qualify to be saved.

Beauty: What is "c h r i s t i a n t h e o l o g y?"

God: It’s too confusing, Child, not even theologians know what it is.

Beauty: Why don’t I "qualify?" What must I do to "qualify?"

God: You don’t have to do anything to qualify. Salvation is by grace. That means it’s a free gift.

Beauty: Then why don’t I qualify, your holiness?

God: Well, what I mean is you can’t qualify for salvation, but you can be disqualified by not qualifying for the qualification that is not required, seeing salvation is free by grace. Or, ah, something like that.

Beauty: Do you reckon, your holiness, one of those theologians might be able to explain that a litter better for me?

God: No, my child, besides, it is too late for you to be saved.

Beauty: But, your holiness, why is it too late?

God: Because you didn’t accept my son and his sacrifice before you died giving birth.

Beauty: But, your holiness, I didn’t know of your son and his sacrifice before I died.

God: Tough child. I can’t be bothered with all the complicated details
of trying to get everybody saved. Besides, most of the highest educated theologians in the world clearly teach that if one dies not knowing of my son’s sacrifice for them, it is too late to ever be saved.

Beauty: You mean my punishment for being bad will not be taken away by your son and I will be given death for ever?

God: Not exactly, child. I know my bible says death, but my theologians thought that death was too good for bad people, so they changed it to a never-ending life of torture in fire. And it will hurt hundreds and hundreds and countless billions of times more than when you died giving birth. I will never stop burning your flesh, Beauty, not even for a second, and, of course, your baby daughter will be burning right by your side. Actually most of Africa will be burning with you. Billions and billions. Just burning and burning. Billions and bill ... Excuse me, Beauty, go ahead.

Beauty: But God, your holiness, why? Why?

God: Look child, as one of my leading theologians recently suggested, it is not incumbent upon me to save everyone. Indeed it is not incumbent upon me to save anyone. Besides you are my enemy and I hate you. I know it doesn’t sound fair child, but you have to understand, these great theologians of the world have made these rules, and so my hands are tied.

Beauty: But God, I don’t hate you.

God: Now don’t try to lay a guilt trip on me child, I said I hate you, you're my enemy, and that’s final.

Beauty: But your holiness, you said your son taught everyone to love their enemies?

“”GOD: angels of the guard, “this girl is getting on my nerves”. “Throw her into the fires of hell to burn scream in horror, desolation, and loneliness for ever. and ever and ever, with no end to her infinite torment””

God: Next who are we now going to confine to everlasting torment?

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.