Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Mummy Food", an unusual food in Edgar Cayce work (Read 25551 times)
a channel
Ex Member

"Mummy Food", an unusual food in Edgar Cayce work
Apr 18th, 2012 at 12:04am

After receiving a few or so guidance messages (a couple of dreams, and a couple of meditation messages) telling me to eat this food recommended in Cayce's work as "almost a spiritual food" for developed bodies, i've finally started to buckle down, get serious and eat this food consistently.  (Having acquired somewhat recently, a really awesome blender helps out too). 

Since the two main ingredients are dried dates and dried figs, i decided to do some research recently to see if there is any reasoning for why this food was so highly recommended to a few people in this work, and why Edgar himself had a 3 part, continuing dream he remembered after giving readings, which was about his future self and a female Egyptian Mummy coming back to life and them both eating this food constantly for awhile while interpreting the ancient Egyptian records uncovered from their hidden sanctuary.  (perhaps just a wee bit metaphorical/symbolic!). 

So here is some of my initial research.  On one website, i read that dates were researched as regards there polyphenol content and were found to have some of the highest levels for fruits.  Polyphenols are those interesting chemical compounds that a lot of intriguing research has been done lately involving green tea, red wine, and other plant sources and their health promoting activity. 

Both Dates and Figs are listed has being high in serotonin levels. 

More specifically, i was reading a book excerpt on Google books, and came across a very interesting line in same, which i will quote, "...Singh and Goel further speculate that the high serotonin content in parts of F. Religiosa might transfer into clinical effects in humans whereby serotonin metabolism could be favorably influenced, perhaps even for religious or visionary effects*..."    *my use of bold and italic emphasis

The book is called "Traditional Herbal Medicines for Modern Times:   Figs  The Genus Ficus"  written by Ephraim Philip Lansky and Helena Paavilainen (the latter is a Doctor)

Here is the link,
http://books.google.com/books?id=XM6oph0HaFwC&pg=PA135&lpg=PA135&dq=figs+high+in...

I didn't realize that Figs have such an interesting pharmacology and unique past.  As the book mentions, many researchers believe that Figs are some of the very oldest, cultivated food sources by humans.  Apparently not only for food, but also for much medicinal use as well.  Course, the "Adam and Eve" allegorical story involves a Fig leaf.  Then, you also have the stories of the Buddha, who supposedly was meditating under the Bo Tree (a type of Fig tree) when he realized his Buddha nature. 

Edgar Cayce's guidance mentioned, i think, that the Priests and Priestesses of "The Law of One" from both Atlantis and Ancient Egypt ate this food regularly.  But i don't know if it originated in Atlantis or in Ancient Egypt.  In any case, it seems to have been referenced in connection with Cayce's outlining of the Egyptian, Ra Ta period, which was around 10, 500 B.C. or so. 

So far, i've been eating it for a couple of weeks, almost once every day.  I've noticed a slight increase in psychic sensitivity and activity, as well as a slight increase in dream recall and vividness.  My "hypothesis" is that it is directly a food for the Pineal gland.  The Pineal gland is a very interesting gland in the body, and seems to relate to our higher psychic perception.  It's the gland that possibly produces or uses the DMT chemical compound, which if taken in large amounts artificially, produces very intense NDE like hallucinogenic visuals and audio.  Taken from Wikipedia on the Pineal Gland,

"Conjecture

Dr. Rick Strassman, while conducting research on the psychedelic dimethyltryptamine (DMT) in the 1990s at the University of New Mexico, advanced the controversial hypothesis that a massive release of DMT from the pineal gland prior to death or near death was the cause of the near death experience (NDE) phenomenon. Several of his test subjects reported NDE-like audio or visual hallucinations. His explanation for this was the possible lack of panic involved in the clinical setting and possible dosage differences between those administered and those encountered in actual NDE cases.

Several subjects also reported contact with 'other beings', alien like, insectoid or reptilian in nature, in highly advanced technological environments[26] where the subjects were 'carried,' 'probed,' 'tested,' 'manipulated,' 'dismembered,' 'taught,' 'loved,' and even 'raped' by these 'beings' (one could note the strong similarities of these bodily tests/invasions in other psychedelic experiences throughout time, outlined in Graham Hancock's "Supernatural"[27]). Basing his reasoning on his belief that all the enzymatic material needed to produce DMT is found in the pineal gland (see evidence in mammals), and moreover in substantially greater concentrations than in any other part of the body, Strassman ([26] p. 69) has speculated that DMT is made in the pineal gland. Currently there is no published reliable scientific evidence supporting this hypothesis and as such, it is merely a hypothesis."

Whatever the case, it's interesting to note that the Pineal Gland is located smack dab in the center of the Brain, nestled exactly half way between the Left and Right hemispheres.  Cayce's guidance talks a lot about the Pineal gland and relates it to the state of consciousness of "Christ Consciousness" whereas they relate the awakened Pituitary to "God Consciousness" or full remerging with God.   In the Cayce work, the major Glandular centers are akin to the concept of "Chakras", and they relate to different states and stages of Consciousness, in an increasing, or ever faster vibratory (more expanded) nature as it goes up in the body, except in the case of the Pineal and Pituitary.  Meaning, the Pineal is technically the higher gland in the body physically, but the Pituitary is the more expanded Consciousness wise. 

Cayce's guidance describes the Kundalini process moving up to the Pineal, and "spilling over" into the golden cup that is the Pituitary in the case of a human fully attuning to Love and God, and having no more blocks or imbalances left interfering with this flow. 

So, it seems that perhaps Mummy food, may be a gentle and natural stimulator of the Pineal Gland.  Interesting, it's been noted that in many adults, the Pineal gland is calcified.  Perhaps this comes from the lack of use of it, and the lack of attunement to these higher states of consciousness, awareness, and being that this gland represents? 

One of the more interesting "asides" in the Cayce work, is their statement that if you keep the Pineal gland operating and active, you won't grow old.  I'm probably too young yet, to be an indicator of this (being only 32), but i certainly look much younger than my years.  If i have no facial hair, many tend to think me much younger--in my early to mid 20's.  It's always odd running into people i grew up with in my school years, or people from that same age bracket, because the huge majority seem to look much older and aged.

I don't think it's an accident or coincidence that Mummy food was so unusually referenced in Cayce's work and that to date, i received about 4 or so messages regarding that i should be eating this food. 

I'm going to continue on this disciplined regime for at least a couple more months and see what happens.  Prozac is a pharmaceutical drug that affects serotonin levels in the body, and if i remember correctly, psychotherapists indicate that usually it takes about a month or two for it to really start to kick in and increase the levels of serotonin.  Perhaps it's similar with Mummy food?   Perhaps, it may take some time for it to really affect the body?   

Regular, consistent, daily meditation would help too, but that's something i need to work on and become more disciplined in.  I suspect that if i can combine the two, regular consumption of "Mummy food" with consistent, daily meditation, as well as choosing and growing in Love, that perception might become quite opened eventually.  Perhaps relating is Bruce's psychic friend Caryl Dennis and her reading for me, which indicated that in the not so distant future my psychic awareness/perception and i will be fully open.   

I imagine, with the world the way it is now, that such openeness might be rather difficult in some ways.  Better to wait until awhile after the collapse when things settle down and we start rebuilding a truly civilized society. 

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Re: "Mummy Food", an unusual food in Edgar Cayce work
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 7:18pm

The plot thickens a bit.  I recently read that figs contain a lot of harmaline which is a DMT potentiator.  DMT is found in a ride range of plants and living things in general, and our bodies contain small amounts of it naturally. 

Perhaps one of the effects of Mummy food is to psychically "sensitize" by allowing any free form DMT to become active, as well as generally being a "food" for the Pineal gland? 

Normally for DMT to have it's psychedelic type effects, it has to be taken with some kind of MAOI (as with happens with ayahuasca a Shamanic brew that contains two plants, one with high levels of DMT and one with MAOI's necessary to "unlock" same) or taken in such large quantities in a non oral form (such as smoking) as to overwhelm the natural metabolism process.   

So the question is, is Mummy food then sort of like taking a really, really weak, but gradually building up form of ayahuasca, which eventually alters the vibratory patterns of the body and particularly the higher glands so that one becomes more sensitized?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.