Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Thomas Campbell's book: My Big TOE (Read 51125 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Thomas Campbell's book: My Big TOE
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 1:27pm

If David Oakford and Paul Elder had already met a guide who wasn't Jesus, why would such guides introduce them to Jesus? They experienced as follows:

Paul Elder (from "Eyes of an Angel page 166):

Silently we [Paul and his guide] waited in the darkness.  After two to three minutes passed with agonizing apprehension, I began to feel a warm tingling sensation in the center of my chest. Ever so slowly the sensation grew stronger and stronger until every particle of my being was vibrating with overwhelming emotion. And then it appeared—a blinding white light, radiating energy from its center, growing in intensity as it approached.  I could not even begin to grasp the size or magnitude of this light-being as it moved slowly by. My sense of relative space seemed inadequate and delusional. My perception reaching overload, I closed my eyes. To this day I struggle to describe the feelings and emotions that permeated my being. My words seem frustratingly inadequate.

Eyes closed, my consciousness was flooded with a wonderful feeling of tenderness and love. All tension and uncertainty drifted away, leaving me with peaceful, undisturbed clarity of mind. It seemed as if I had been reduced to a state of childlike trust and wonder. It was simply blissful. Loved and accepted, I wanted nothing more than to become one with this vibration.

As I floated in euphoria, a sudden surge of vibration forced me to open my eyes. To my astonishment, the likeness of Jesus Christ materialized before me. Obviously choosing to appear in a form I would recognize, he looked every bit like the painting of Christ my mother kept on a kitchen wall when I was a child. Manifesting as a most wonderful, kind-looking man in his thirties, he had a light brown beard and shoulder-length hair. His eyes beaming the very essence of love, he quietly smiled in acknowledgment, and then faded into the darkness.  As quickly as that, it was over.

“Wow?” I exclaimed. “That was incredible!” I could think of nothing else to say. It would take a few minutes to center my thoughts.

“As you can see,” Meldor [Paul’s guide] continued, “ the energy of a perfected light-being is awesome to behold. Because of their pervasive power, these deities are able to break through to the despondent consciousness of the souls in this realm when they are finally ready for healing. [Just before meeting Jesus Paul's guide showed him spirits stuck in a lower realm]”

David Oakford (from “Journey Through the World of Spirit God, Gaia, and Guardian Angels” page 41).

So I asked: Who is Jesus, really?

Bob [David’s guide] told me Jesus is one of the great masters who made an agreement with God to come here and be an example for humans on how to act toward each other so that they find their way back to the path of harmony with Gaia. I was told Jesus is but one of the many such masters entrusted by God to help souls evolve here and elsewhere. Bob said Jesus is higher in vibration than many other masters. He said that Gold holds the master Jesus in high favor because he is perhaps the most widely known example on Gaia of what humans can attain because he attained this mastery the very same way we can, if we choose to work toward it!

I then got to see the master I felt to be Jesus.

He joined us and, at first, looked similar to how the church taught me he looked from classic paintings. However, I did not see him like that for very long because he changed into his light alone. Jesus’ light was the purest display of energy I have ever seen. There was no need for words to be exchanged between us as powerful loving and kind feelings swept over me like a tidal wave of emotion that I cannot even begin to describe. The best was yet to come.

This great master spirit took me within himself.

Then Jesus shared that loving one another unconditionally is what souls must do in order for peace and harmony to become fully-felt on Gaia. He said only that, nothing more, and then he slowly faded away into space. This experience of a lifetime came and went like a candle in the wind. But those few words were all that I needed to hear, and I knew it as I understand this much: The cosmos is full of servants to God!

Later Bob told me that a clearly established hierarchy of light beings, angels, are in fact dedicated to preserving the harmony of the universe. They carefully help plan the inner workings of all there is in creation. I understood that humans are perhaps the most important part of the harmonic balance because they have free will. That is, humans can provide great service to God, too, provided they accept the responsibility of serving each other unselfishly.

PauliEffectt wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 3:29pm:
Any guide with enough PUL can take on the appearance of Jesus or whatever deity you want.

IP Logged

eric

ALK Member

Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 3:37pm

I plodded my way through most of MBT, before abandoning it at Section 6, when I realized that Tom wasn't going to share any of his personal experiences.  "Easy entertainment for the ego," he said, or something along those lines.

I can only agree with Pauli.  MBT is, quite simply, all bark and no bite.  Endlessly repeating the same phrases and even whole paragraphs.  Vague metaphysical concepts with no experience to back them up.  I learned nothing. 

Tom's astral projection advice is perhaps the worst I've ever heard.  After laying out the meditation techniques, Tom states that it may take up to three years, and that when you first experience nonphysical reality, it will be like a vivid daydream.  And that's it!

Tom himself was coached by Bob Monroe and learned to leave his body at will.  (He claims he can leave his body in 2-3 seconds from a cold start.)  Why he doesn't give more practical advice is a mystery to me.

Tom's youtube videos are fairly good, and there are some interesting posts in the forum, if you can get past all the science lingo.  The forum itself, however, is fairly useless.  As has been mentioned before, Tom is revered as a sort of guru, and he does nothing to negate this. 

Since this is an afterlife forum, I believe Tom's views on the afterlife are worth noting.  Tom states that it's all simulated.  Your loved ones meeting you at the end of the tunnel aren't really your loved ones-- they are, in fact, computer simulated models designed to manipulate you into being comfortable.  There's an interview with Tom on "The Path" documentary where this is explained.

This is where I stopped paying attention to Tom Campbell.

As for Seth, I've seen a number of individuals discard the Seth material because of what Seth says about this Jesus fellow.  I have my doubts as to whether Jesus even existed.  There's a book about it, "The God Who Wasn't There" or something along those lines.  That's not to say that Jesus can't be encountered in the afterlife.  He is, after all, a powerful cultural archetype. 

I have no issues with the teachings of Jesus.  If he was real, he seems to be an awakened consciousness, much like the Buddha or Lao Tzu.  If one chooses to walk the Christian path then more power to them.  It's just not for me.

As for Seth, I believe his material contains mostly truth, mixed with some nontruth.  This is the nature of the beast when it comes to channeled material.  We can only weigh our personal experiences against these second-hand sources.

IP Logged

eric

ALK Member

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:19pm

I almost forgot-- the Explorer series.  Tom was one of the original Explorers, along with R. McKnight.  Here is a link to the free audio downloads.

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/resources/downloads/cat/explorer-series

"TC" is Thomas Campbell, "ROMC" is R. McKnight, and there are a few others with which I am not familiar.

Tom discusses Earth changes and several general forrays into nonphysical reality during these sessions.  This helps fill some of the gaps with regards to Tom's lack of personal accounts in MBT.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:54pm

Thank you Eric:

I didn't know about these. I'm listening to them now.

IP Logged

eric

ALK Member

Reply #19 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 5:04pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:54pm:
Thank you Eric:

I didn't know about these. I'm listening to them now.

I've listened to most of them... be prepared to kiss your social life goodbye for a little while.  Fascinating stuff.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 5:20pm

Eric:

Regarding what you said about Jesus and Seth. Perhaps you contradicted yourself.  If Seth is basically trustworthy and Jesus didn't exist, then why did Seth spend so much time speaking about Jesus? Can you really have it both ways?

I've had spiritual experiences that played out in a way that let me know that Jesus the man did in fact live.

Did you check out the link to the chapter I wrote about channeling? If you really consider what I said you might see that Seth spoke about Jesus in an untrue way.

If you try to explain the  inaccuracies by saying that channeling includes some communication gaps, then I'd say that going by what Seth said about Jesus such gaps are so big that channeling isn't trustworthy. What Seth said about Jesus is very specific.

I read Rosalind Mcknight's Cosmic Journeys which includes Explorer session based channeled information, and her book very clearly speaks as if Jesus the man did exist and that he was crucified.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #21 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 6:27pm

The second half of exporer session number 8 is very interesting. The part where she states that people with a high level of consciousness won't make themselves well known.

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 7:11pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 1:27pm:
If David Oakford and Paul Elder had already met a guide who wasn't Jesus, why would such guides introduce them to Jesus?

. . .

To my astonishment, the likeness of Jesus Christ materialized before me. Obviously choosing to appear in a form I would recognize, he looked every bit like the painting of Christ my mother kept on a kitchen wall when I was a child. Manifesting as a most wonderful, kind-looking man in his thirties, he had a light brown beard and shoulder-length hair. His eyes beaming the very essence of love...

. . .

Bob [David’s guide] told me Jesus is one of the great masters who made an agreement with God...

Well, they had thoughts of "God", so they got to see Jesus. Apparently they had grown up
in a home with Jesus on the wall. They may end up in a BST.

There could be many reasons for a guide to look like Jesus. Perhaps it was a test to see
if the persons were able to see through a lie? Remember, even Monroe was often tested.

Maybe it was the DeMarco Effect - "show me what I think of or I don't believe you".

Monroe saw an INSPEC and thought it was a higher being. But he didn't mention
Jesus specifically. In fact, the whole of TMI talks very little about Jesus.

Other people may see other guides disguised as their favorite choice of god-like entity.
Some see Arch Angel Michael, others see Buddha, or perhaps some Hindu Shiva.
Guides take all kinds of shapes, but they are just regular discarnate people.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:10pm

PauliEffect:

You interpret what David Oakford wrote one way, I interpret it another way. On what is the difference based?

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 11:19pm

To PauliEffectt and Eric,

It's likely that no one "physical" can convince you of the reality or importance of Yeshua, and that you will need to have an experience or guidance message to do so, or will find out later when you fully phase into the nonphysical.  However, those with such experiences, might suggest to at least be open minded to begin with, otherwise, if you are closed based on strong preconceptions and prejudice, then it can be more difficult for guidance and/or your own Expanded Consciousness Essence to "get through to you" with certain messages and info.

An interesting experience to ponder.  Well before Bob's 3rd book was written, wherein he shares his experience with the mysterious, incognito "He/She" figure--an "immortal" human, in his 1st book, Bob relates an odd, but powerful experience he experienced multiple times.  He talks about that no matter what "focus level" (nonphysical dimension or state of consciousness) he was in, he would sometimes experience the following. 

All the consciousnesses in that nonphysical dimension wherein he was focused in, would get like a signal of some kind, and they would "lay down" with their bellies exposed (obviously somewhat "metaphorical" or symbolic in nature).  Soon after, an immensely powerful, rushing force and Consciousness would come through.   Everyone seemed to have the utmost respect for this powerful Consciousness, and Bob would find himself going along with the others in whatever focus level he was at. 

He asks in his book, "Is this God's Son?"   'God's Son', is an obvious reference to Yeshua (Jesus Christ). 

And whatever the case with Bob's experience with He/She and this powerful Consciousness, it's clear that the ultra non religious Bob Monroe became interested in what this "Jesus" figure was all about, for he had his friend at the time, the trained Remote Viewer, Joe McMoneagle, do a remote viewing session on the historical Jesus.  (transcribed in McMoneagle's book, "The Ultimate Time Machine") 

Why would the ultra non religious Bob Monroe, who clearly didn't have much interest in "Christianity", seek information on this Jesus character?  Perhaps, he had had some experiences and wanted to verify with other sensitives he respected, what he had perceived and/or experienced? 

Also, before i started my own exploration and communications with guidance, i researched a number of psychic works and sources.  Out of all the ones i looked at, perhaps the most verified and vast work out there is Edgar Cayce's work.   The Guidance that communicated or relayed info via Cayce, spoke often on Yeshua and the exalted nature of his role in the grand scheme of things, and confirmed that most of the N.T. was basically correct, especially the major parts.   Jesus became very spiritually aware, went into a public ministry and teaching endeavor, was falsely accused and sent to trial, was tortured, then crucified, and then 3 days later experienced the resurrection wherein somehow Jesus merged the physical body completely into the nonphysical, and then had complete attributes of both but without the physical limitations that most humans have.

Emmanuel Swedonborg was another very interesting character, who seems to have wracked up some definite verifications of his psychic perception--not to mention the guy was clearly a genius and ahead of his times in many ways and areas.  He also had many experiences with or about Jesus, and found out that the N.T. is more or less accurate as well. 

Rudolph Steiner was also an interesting and clearly psychically gifted individual, who again, came to a great interest and focus on this Jesus character. 

It is easy to think self knows it all, but real seekers keep an open, but slightly skeptical or questioning mind.  If numerous, respectable psychic oriented sources with verifications are saying similar things about something, then perhaps, just perhaps there is something to it despite self's preconceptions or prejudice.

More personally to you Eric--it's obvious that Bruce Moen has a very high regard for this Jesus character as well.  It's perhaps a bit understated at times, but it's clear enough through capitalization of He and Him in relation to Jesus, that Bruce was led to take some bible classes, and Bruce's exploration partner, reported seeing parallels between the concept of Christ and what they were perceiving about the "Planning Intelligence".  You don't have to be personally interested in Jesus to learn and understand that he plays an important spiritual role in relation to humanity in various ways.

Also, there is a big (and obvious!) difference between being interested in the Christian religion and being interested in him outside of religious dogma, belief systems and institutions.  There are a number of people who don't care for the former (including me), but who can separate Jesus from this and realize that he is sort of like the Guide of guides in this Universe.

Re: Thomas Campbell, one of the things i find worthwhile and respect about his work, is that he emphasizes some about the importance of diet and health on the bodies ability to perceive the nonphysical or use or focus through, higher consciousness perception in general.  This kind of info is solely lacking in Bob Monroe's and Bruce Moen's work, and Tom's teachings is a nice, balancing compliment to their work at least in this way. 

(others that also add this balance are Rosalind A. McKnight's work and Edgar Cayce's guidance, which my own repeated experience and guidance has confirmed in multiple ways)

Re: Tom Campbell again: I have listened to some of his explorer tapes, and some of the Earth changes stuff that his guide "Thor" relayed.  I find it interesting how off the timing was about these.  T.C. and/or Thor, seemed to think that these would manifest by the 80's.   Yet, his fellow explorer, Rosalind A. McKnight's guidance sessions indicated that it wouldn't be until noticeably later. 

This is also true for what Cayce's guidance said, indicating that by '98, these changes in the Earth were and would still be gradual and not cataclysmic in nature. 

This brings up some questions or issues about what Tom received as regards the dating.  A few possibilities that i can think of.  Tom garbled or mistranslated some of what he was receiving.  Thor didn't fully know what he was talking about (not so expanded and aware).  Possibilities or probabilities were such at the time of the explorer session(s), that major changes could have manifested that early but later changed due to freewill or other influences, or Thor was giving deceptive/misleading information for whatever reason.  I don't know which possibility or possibilities, are the most accurate or pertinent ones.

In any case, perhaps this is an indication to not place T.C. on such a high pedestal, as i've seen so many place him on?  Obviously, i also completely agree with Albert that T.C.'s supportive words about Seth, also indicate that he can have errors of perception and particularly in that case, really lack deeper spiritual discernment at times. 

I don't mention these things because i have anything personal against Tom, from what i can intuit, Tom is basically a mature and wise person, and seems to be a good hearted person with good intentions.  I mention these possible lacks, only because i have seen, first hand, how much others think and consider him such an infallible guru figure and how little he actively tries to counter balance such limiting views about himself. 
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2012 at 12:58am by N/A »  

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 1:06am

recoverer wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 6:27pm:
The second half of exporer session number 8 is very interesting. The part where she states that people with a high level of consciousness won't make themselves well known.

I don't know in what context the above is said within, since i've yet to listen to it, but it obviously didn't apply to Yeshua. 

Also, in another session, Rosalind McKnight, when looking at the future probabilities up till the year 3000, saw and stated that it was shortly after the collapse that some Christed beings came into the Earth partly to show what our potential was and to explain/show why Yeshua had come into the Earth some 2000 years previously. 

My sense is that, for the most part, super mature consciousnesses stay more undercover, and have because they don't want another religion or cult erected around them, and they are biding their time until more of humanity can handle their full on public presence. 

Also, there is the Law of Like attracts, begets, and resonates with Like that they have to respect. 

We have to "earn" (attract) these experiences, as a collective, before they can or will make their full presence known.  2012 and the coming near future (with the collapse etc), is a different cycle than the late 70's and early 80's when these sessions took place. 

Relativity.   

IP Logged

PauliEffectt

ALK Member

Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 5:42am

Quote:
An interesting experience to ponder.  Well before Bob's 3rd book was written, wherein he shares his experience with the mysterious, incognito "He/She" figure--an "immortal" human, in his 1st book, Bob relates an odd, but powerful experience he experienced multiple times.  He talks about that no matter what "focus level" (nonphysical dimension or state of consciousness) he was in, he would sometimes experience the following. 

All the consciousnesses in that nonphysical dimension wherein he was focused in, would get like a signal of some kind, and they would "lay down" with their bellies exposed (obviously somewhat "metaphorical" or symbolic in nature).  Soon after, an immensely powerful, rushing force and Consciousness would come through.   Everyone seemed to have the utmost respect for this powerful Consciousness, and Bob would find himself going along with the others in whatever focus level he was at.

1. It clearly is not God or Jesus.
2. Monroe didn't ever seem to come back to this experience, so perhaps it happened while he
still was mostly traveling in BST areas?
3. People did not worship this entity. No one even comments the event.
4. It may be yet another test of Monroe's guides, to see if Monroe would fall into the religious BST trap.
5. No one else of the TMI school seems to mention it.

Quote:
This brings up some questions or issues about what Tom received as regards the dating.  A few possibilities that i can think of.  Tom garbled or mistranslated some of what he was receiving.  Thor didn't fully know what he was talking about (not so expanded and aware).  Possibilities or probabilities were such at the time of the explorer session(s), that major changes could have manifested that early but later changed due to freewill or other influences, or Thor was giving deceptive/misleading information for whatever reason.  I don't know which possibility or possibilities, are the most accurate or pertinent ones.

. . .

I don't mention these things because i have anything personal against Tom, from what i can intuit, Tom is basically a mature and wise person, and seems to be a good hearted person with good intentions.  I mention these possible lacks, only because i have seen, first hand, how much others think and consider him such an infallible guru figure and how little he actively tries to counter balance such limiting views about himself.

Campbell thinks that The Big Computer (TBC) continues to do lots of calculations between
every time increment of the physical (PMR), and TBC calculates possible future developments
in those "gaps" in time to see how well AUM can predict future development.

Some astral travelers may enter such regions of "calculated" probable futures.

Because these calculated simulations of our future look exactly like our reality, astral
travelers may be tricked into thinking that they in fact are seeing future events, when
they only are seeing probable and not actualized events. This may explain why future
predictions fail ever so often, as the OBE person has _not_ seen the future, just seen an
estimation of what _could_ happen in one of many possible future realities.

Campbell also mentions that some future developments are more likely than others,
and that may be the reason to why some predictions come true. Many TBC calculations
lead to the same branch in the digital tree and have a higher probability of actually
happening.

What makes the future take a certain direction is "free will" of PMR's inhabitants, which
functions as a kind of randomness factor. That's also the reason why AUM needs to
run simulations with consciousnesses locked in PMR, according to Campbell.

Reason is that if there was no randomness in the events, TBC wouldn't need to run
a full simulation of PMR, and could instead calculate all the future with an absolute
certainty in one go.

Rosalind McKnight most likely was out on one of those branches of possible futures,
which will never be actualized.

IP Logged

eric

ALK Member

Reply #27 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:56am

I've read the bible cover to cover, attended a Christian school for seven years, and have partaken in numerous small-group bible studies.  I am no stranger to the archetype known as Jesus.  I feel that the Christian path is a good fit for a lot of people.

Here's what I don't understand-- proclaiming how important it is that one knows the teachings of Jesus, when the vast majority of the human race have never heard these teachings.  Christianity isn't even a very old religion, or a unique one.  Several mystery cults had god-figures that died and were resurrected before Christianity came along, and perhaps Christianity itself grew from these mystery cults.

R. McKnight is very religious.  Cayce also was religious.  Guides don't try to change one's beliefs-- they take whatever form will best benefit the person being guided.  This, I feel, is the case with both McKnight and Cayce.

But really, I'm not trying to open a can of worms.  I only wished to point out that it is a little foolish to discount channeled material because it conflicts with one's religious beliefs.  For the record I think Seth's opinions on Christianity are somewhat boring and not really worthwile.

I am aware that most consciousness explorers have taken some kind of interest in Jesus.  Anyone who wishes to tread this path should investigate those with spiritual levels of consciousness.  This goes for other religious teachers too, such as the Buddha or Lao Tzu.

IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 12:16pm

PauliEffectt wrote on Apr 16th, 2012 at 5:42am:

1. It clearly is not God or Jesus.

Why "clearly"?  Does not asking "Is this God's Son?" clearly indicate that Bob Monroe was wondering out
loud if this was Jesus?

Quote:
2. Monroe didn't ever seem to come back to this experience, so perhaps it happened while he
still was mostly traveling in BST areas?

In his book, he states that it didn't matter where he was in the nonphysical, that this somewhat unusual but not super rare event would occur and he perceived it in the same manner no matter where he was focused.

Quote:
3. People did not worship this entity. No one even comments the event.

Consciousnesses "in the know" about Jesus, do not worship him as some religious people do.  They do have the utmost respect for him and what he exampled, overcame, and attained in his life as a human.  Every time this powerful, rushing Consciousness came through whatever dimension Bob was focused in at the time, all the consciousnesses in same, Bob perceived did a similar thing.  He interpreted or translated it as them exposing their bellies.   

Nonphysical experiences are not "cut and dry", they often have to get interpreted symbolically, allegorically, and/or metaphorically via physical and physical like symbols so that the conscious, personality mind can understand, translate, and interpret it.  For Bob, being a more physically focused person at the time, the act of him and others exposing their bellies to this powerful Consciousness symbolized their immense respect for this Being.  It's akin to the animal world and how some species show their respect to the "top dog", by exposing their vulnerable "bellies" to it.  Spiritually, one could say that Jesus is of the very highest consciousness for an individualized consciousness.  Fully and completely at one with the Source.

Personally, i would have used more clear symbolism than Bob did, but this was in his early days when he had issues of fear, over attachment to the physical, and was still a very intellectually focused kind of person so his interpretation at the time is understandable from where he was at the time.  It's likely that if he had and talked about this experience much later on, like in his Ultimate Journey years, that he would have used rather different interpretation and translation.

Quote:
4. It may be yet another test of Monroe's guides, to see if Monroe would fall into the religious BST trap.

Possibly, but this experience always involved other conscious, freewilled, former humans and again, happened in various different levels/dimensions/focuses. 

Quote:
5. No one else of the TMI school seems to mention it.

Well, TMI was set up by Bob Monroe and Bob Monroe and TMI have largely taken a very Yin approach to others and their experiences.  Mostly wisely, they don't interpret others experiences because they know that usually it's the person who had the experience who is most qualified to interpret same.  Like i said, this is mostly a wise stance, but i do think they have and do take it a little too far at times, and have created a belief system and too fixed approach out of this. 

For one, there are other variables involved.  There are Consciousnesses, in both the physical and mostly the nonphysical so called, who are so aware, so mature, so empathic and connected to the Oneness of the Whole, that they can "tune in" to others very clearly and can, from a knowing space interpret others experiences in an accurate and helpful way.  Also, if they are really mature and expanded, they can know a person better than they know and perceive themselves even because they can literally merge their Consciousness with any other.  In other words, truly they know their Oneness with the Whole. 

Bob Monroe was so individual focused and oriented at times, that sometimes he took it to an autocratic level in his absolute injunction to not ever interpret others experiences, etc.  Case in point is the relationship and events experienced between him and a woman named Melissa Jager he appointed as the director of training (training of the trainers) at The Monroe Institute.  She was in this position for 7 years, during the somewhat earlier years.

She was fired by Bob Monroe because to his mind, she had crossed the line one too many times in "interpreting" others experiences.  In Melissa's mind, she wasn't so much interpreting their experiences for them, as trying to provide a helpful, philosophical frame work, so that they could better able handle, ground, and integrate their mind blowing experiences.  There was such a lack of structure at TMI in the early days, such a lack of a larger philosophy that some people that were having these mind blowing experiences were having a difficult time with these belief system crashes, etc. 

It seems that Melissa was trying to help people, not hinder them, but to Bob the iconoclast, it really bothered him and so much so that he fired her rather coldly.  Perhaps both of them were both right and wrong at the same time.  Perhaps both were taking their own respective positions and approaches too far?    The main difference seems to be that Melissa was more Yang in her approach with others, and Bob more Yin in his approach with others at least in this sense or area (he could be extremely directive [Yang] in other areas). 

It's interesting to take a deeper look at Bob and where some of his beliefs and approaches originated from.  Bob had had a rather authoritative father figure and seemed to have had a more difficult relationship with him than he would let on or admit to others.  Plus, it seems clear that Bob came to rather dislike religion and religious people--had a lack of tolerance towards these, especially in his earlier days. 

In other words, Bob really, really did not like others "preaching" to him, telling him what to do, believe, etc.  He had issues with "authority" to some extent.  He was more or less practicing the relative "golden rule" when he formulated his beliefs of non interference with others when it came to their psychic or nonphysical experiences.  There was definitely wisdom and higher guidance involved, but again, very little is black and white in this world and much is relative and a "one size approach or fit" doesn't always apply.  Some of it came from his intense dislike of authority and his attachments to this. 

I believe (rather intuit) he created karma to balance when he fired Melissa the way he did, for being different than him and his absolute approach. 

Quote:
Rosalind McKnight most likely was out on one of those branches of possible futures,
which will never be actualized.

I'm well aware how the future works.  As regards future probabilities, my point is that it was T.C. that has been very off with the timing of these events, and so far Rosalind's guidance and Cayce's have been much more accurate as regards the general timing (though the latter's work has really been misinterpreted by many through the years). 

My intuition tells me this is because they were viewing things from a more expanded level and perspective than T.C. was at the time and more clearly translating and interpreting the data. 
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2012 at 1:25pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #29 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 12:54pm

I figure that if a person is truly open minded to finding out what's true, then he (or she) won't be vehemently opposed to find out that despite what has happened with fundamentalist Christianity,  Jesus has more to do with what's going on than some people are willing to acknowlege.

Justin:

Regarding people of a high level of consciousness making themselves known, I've found that the most well known spiritual teachers don't tend to have a level of spiritual development that matches their level of fame.  I figure the most developed people of today aren't well known. If Jesus was here today, I don't believe he would set things up so he became as wealthy as many modern day spiritual teachers have become. I don't believe he would set up cruise ship events that only wealthy people can attend.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.