Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Preparation for death (Read 10190 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Preparation for death
Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:39pm

Don,

I am so sorry.  This will test you but I am sure that you are up to it.  I find, there is no value to seeing a dead body.  As a physician, I took a gross anatomy course and during years of training, I have seen my share of dead bodies.

When the life goes out of a body, to me, it is no longer that person, plain and simple.  It is like discarded clothes.  No one gets closure by looking at a dead body.  Perhaps if the person just died, they retain some of their animated appearance.  Within a short amount of time though, it is absolutely clear that the body no longer is the person.

My brother insisted on seeing our father in the funeral home.  He had not been taken care of by a mortician as it is not our way to open a casket.  To this day, my brother is still horrified by what he saw.  Certainly, there was no closure in doing so.

Don you have a most difficult week ahead.  They are lucky to have you.

M

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #16 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 10:23pm

Hello Don,

You inspire much admiration with what you are doing for that poor broken family. Please know that you have much support from us here.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #17 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 10:33pm

Thank you, Bets and Matthew.  I am in awe at how ordinary people with no training in grief couseling rise to the occasion and say and do just what is needed to express their love for their grieving loved one.  In moments of greatest tragedy, great wisdom seems to blossom in the hearts of comforting loved ones.  Even little Jimmy is processing this horror by alternately escaping into play and asking the needed questions just when his Mom has the strength to pose them.  I find it best not to censure the wishes of the grievers.  For example, when Sherry was determined to return to the house to get clothes and supplies, I kept silence and allowed family members to take the lead and insist that Sherry not go back to all that gore still on the floor.  Instead, they would fetch what she needed.  When loved ones must intervene with difficult decisions, one good insight seems to trigger several others. 

I have these 6 concerns in my involvement with these people: (1) to facilitate Sherry's exploration of all her wounded feelings to prevent her from suppressing them; (2) to find the right moment for the family to touch her as I led them in prayer; (3) to vigorously deny Sherry's insistence that the suicide was all her fault; (4) to urge her to reassure Jimmy that he was in no way responsible (Children tend to assume guilt for their parents' divorce and tragic deaths!) and that he was safe; (5) to ensure that truly caring professionals get involved in the counseling programs that mother and young son will need; (6) to prepare and lead a momorial service that (a) unleashes everyone's affections for Ken, despite his dreadful mistake; (b) makes the best biblical and NDE case I can that God's love will never permanently abandon Ken, so that fear of eternally damning suicide will be mitigated.   

IP Logged

Bardo

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 8:22am

Don,
A difficult time, and a tall order for you. I am sorry that you have to go through it, but happy for the family that you are there for them. Mathew, I believe that there are times when seeing the remains of a loved one does bring closure, at least it did for me.  I reached my mother about 45 minutes after she died, after traveling as fast as I could to get there in time. I sat with her for about fifteen minutes, just taking her in and talking to her. Certainly she was gone from this body, but just as certainly her spirit lingered or was still accessible there, and it provided a sense of finality for me that she was indeed crossed over.  I did not have that chance with my dad, and somehow felt at a loss. I don't think visiting at the funeral home has much value, as you say, because the changes are so marked.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 3:11pm

hi matthew and all. This is really good ,mary who's in the spiritworld describes how beautiful it is and what she experienced when she first went over there in 18th century.shes talking through a medium at leslie flints sitting.

http://www.leslieflint.com/alicegreenswf.htm

http://www.leslieflint.com/maryivanswf.htm

love and god bless  love juditha xxxx
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:29pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 11:25pm

Perparation for death is best served by living well not hurting yourself, loving yourself and loving others by never ever hurting them especially by hurtful words

I have hurt people by embarrassing them by strong unfeeling hurtful word and live to regret it right up to the present, because once spoken you can never ever take it back

It is too late to ask these people for forgiveness because I have lost contact with them many years ago

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #21 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:36am

Hi Alan,

You said: It is too late to ask these people
for forgiveness because I have lost contact
with them many years ago.

It's never too late to contact eternal souls. If you have asked your Guidance to send your apologies to these individuals, you can trust that it's been done.

If after that you still feel the weight of what you said, then maybe it is a burden of karma that you feel, if you so believe. That might require some make-up action that hasn't yet played out.

Sometimes it feels like karma is a game that we've agreed to play,doesn't it   Wink

PUL, Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #22 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:44am

Hi,

the best preparation for death that I've had in over 70 years is reading Bruce Moen's books. They allowed me to see and then experience Creation (part of it anyway) as a loving reality that wants us to do well. They introduced me to experiencing the afterlife as a place beyond my small expectations.
My soul is very thankful for having these new windows into afterlife experience.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #23 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:58am

betson wrote on Mar 26th, 2012 at 7:36am:
Hi Alan,

You said: It is too late to ask these people
for forgiveness because I have lost contact
with them many years ago.

It's never too late to contact eternal souls. If you have asked your Guidance to send your apologies to these individuals, you can trust that it's been done.

If after that you still feel the weight of what you said, then maybe it is a burden of karma that you feel, if you so believe. That might require some make-up action that hasn't yet played out.

Sometimes it feels like karma is a game that we've agreed to play,doesn't it   Wink

PUL, Bets

Hi Bets,

Thanks Bets I will really try what you said, thanks

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

a channel
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 6:07pm

A very, very broad issue.  There are so many, different ways to better prepare for death.  For some the focus will be on releasing limiting beliefs while in-physical and formulating more freeing ones, for some it will be improving self and quality of consciousness while inphysical, for some it will be direct thinking about and intuitive research on the "afterlife", for some it comes in facing the very real prospect of death and dying before one actually does. 

The list is and can be pretty long.  Generally speaking, for things to improve, death has to move out of it's cultural role of being the big pink elephant in the room that most of us are aware of to some extent, but refuse to more fully acknowledge it for the individual and collective fears involved. 

So, more conscious and active focus on it in the larger cultures and societies we live in, could even by itself, help some.  Talking of death and dying seems to be a bit taboo or at least considered not a "social nicety" in various cultures. 

Bruce's proposed communication device, could possible change a lot of limiting beliefs, thoughts and feelings about the subject of death and help to prepare others for it more effectively. 

I've talked of this experience before, but i will share it one more time.  Years ago, i worked in home with people who are in the elderly stage of their life.  I worked with one man, i will call "Joe".  Joe expressed some musings, curiosities, and fears about God and death.  So we would sometimes talk of these things, and i would tell him that based on my experiences so far, there is definitely an afterlife.  Often, i would just listen or empathize.  I sensed that our talks were helping him to prepare for transition, but i wasn't aware quite how soon. 

I left that job because i was moved from MA to VA.  About 3 weeks later, a former co-worker called me up out of the blue and let me know that "Joe" died.  A couple of weeks or so after that phone conversation, while meditating, all of a sudden Joe showed up pretty strongly and clearly, and i could feel this huge THANKS type feeling and message coming from him.   I figure it meant that he didn't get stuck and that our previous talks had helped him some in preparation (as i had hoped it would). 

When people truly begin, holistically, to better and more completely understand what Consciousness is all about, then this will really truly help more of us to better prepare for death.   Meanwhile, i suspect that hospice type service is one of the more potentially impacting ways if a person has not had a lot of nonphysical experience, guidance, etc

But, i think it's important to note go into too much depth and detail, and try to outline all the various different planes, experiences, beings, and processes one will go through.   It's more generally effective to be more broad and general when talking about the afterlife and the process of death and dying with others.  We don't necessarily know exactly what they may or may not experience after transition.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.