Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Returning to page via History (Read 3560 times)
Just Me

ALK Member

Returning to page via History
Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am

Hi all,

Can someone help me understand this, please?

I usually click on one of the search engines to find the forum (I have too many folders of stuff in my favorites so it's just easier). It loads and I can navigate the pages okay. I close the browser. Later, when I try to get to the page by clicking on the most recent link in my History it gets stuck. It attempts to come back, but nothing happens. I cleared my cookies and temporary internet files, but it didn't help and I had to restart a browser session and search through the search engine again.

<completely confused look>
mj

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Returning to page via History
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2012 at 10:48am

I'm just as confused as you are, so I don't have an appropriate techy answer for you.  But as far as folders in your Favorites, you could make a folder just for only the daily sites you know you want to hit each day or visit frequently.  I do that, have about 4 sites I check frequently.  It makes it easier to find due to my very long Favorites list! 

Smiley

Hopefully Allan can help figure out your problem.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Just Me

ALK Member

Re: Returning to page via History
Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 2:28am

Vicky wrote on Jan 20th, 2012 at 10:48am:
I'm just as confused as you are, so I don't have an appropriate techy answer for you.  But as far as folders in your Favorites, you could make a folder just for only the daily sites you know you want to hit each day or visit frequently.  I do that, have about 4 sites I check frequently.  It makes it easier to find due to my very long Favorites list! 

Smiley

Hopefully Allan can help figure out your problem.

Hi Vicky,

The problem is I have too many folders and so much stuff I want to read. I've set up a "Daily" folder, but then end up with 5 billion links in it eventually. My family teases me saying I've saved the entire internet. Grin I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being an avid reader! I'm going to archive everything I have and start over setting the intention of keeping it better organized. Cool

Thanks!
mj

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.