Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re Neale Donald Walsch's Group of 1000 (Read 32243 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Re Neale Donald Walsch's Group of 1000
Reply #30 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 2:36pm

I first read of the group of 1000 this week; therefore, it is immaterial when it comes to my feelings about CWG.  This being the case, I don't know if it would serve a purpose to keep pursing it.

Lights of Love wrote on Dec 30th, 2011 at 11:10am:
recoverer wrote on Dec 29th, 2011 at 8:27pm:
By skepticism, I believe you mean the article I referred to where a person described being pressed for money by Walsch's organization. I agree that one shouldn't automatically assume that such allegations are correct.

Yes, this is what I'm saying.  If your mind is not open enough AND skeptical enough to present a non-biased factual case, then you are as Dude indicates, simply running a smear campaign, which solves nothing.  And in that case one becomes part of the problem by contributing to the falsity that already exists.

Heisenberg makes a good point.  This group of 1000 is listed as a non-profit organization in which I believe is required to report how the money they receive is spent.  If you really want to do something to help find a resolution (if one is truly needed) then why don't you focus your research in that direction?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #31 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:13pm

Yes, I understand.  It's usually difficult to find people willing to take appropriate action to find and act on solutions that can bring about bigger changes in the world.  I guess it's easier to just rant about the way things are, but what a waste of productive energy if you ask me.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #32 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:43pm

I don't have a problem with passages in books sounding like passages in other books if they purport to deal with Universal Truth as I guess such information would hardly be restricted to a few or unique- after all they're supposed to be Universal Truths ! I know NDW is not everyone's cup of tea but my advice to that would be simply ignore him then ! What I think would be a body blow to his personal credibility would be if he was proved (not simply alleged) secreting donated money away for his own use because honesty and openness are at the heart of his stated philosophy. I would still think that honesty and openness are good things though ...

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #33 - Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:44pm

For the most part I had something other than ranting in mind. I had ranting in mind to the extent I find what frauds do to be annoying. I'm not unhappy about being annoyed about this. Smiley Angry Smiley You see, I'm a happy annoyed sandwich. Cheesy

Lights of Love wrote on Dec 30th, 2011 at 3:13pm:
Yes, I understand.  It's usually difficult to find people willing to take appropriate action to find and act on solutions that can bring about bigger changes in the world.  I guess it's easier to just rant about the way things are, but what a waste of productive energy if you ask me.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #34 - Dec 31st, 2011 at 7:17am

If you really hate child molestation and fraud, I don't understand why you take on Sai Baba and Walsch but you never take on the Catholic Church. it always sound s like you just get pleasure from ranting about Sai Baba and NDW rather than not liking child molestation or fraud.

Not that your 2 cents are needed. For instance, I have been told that many people in Ireland no longer go to church, a reaction to the realization of years of manipulation and betrayal. I guess that is the way things evolve. Probably will with the club of 1000 also.

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 5:15am

I've debated with myself about whether or not i should get involved in this thread...  I will just try to say a few things concisely, lol, if i can.

Albert, i don't disagree too much with what you've been saying here, and i've never felt that NDW was particularly intune, clear, high level, etc, but this entire thread seems to belong better in the Off topic section than maybe here?

Lucy wrote on Dec 31st, 2011 at 7:17am:
If you really hate child molestation and fraud, I don't understand why you take on Sai Baba and Walsch but you never take on the Catholic Church. it always sound s like you just get pleasure from ranting about Sai Baba and NDW rather than not liking child molestation or fraud.

Not that your 2 cents are needed. For instance, I have been told that many people in Ireland no longer go to church, a reaction to the realization of years of manipulation and betrayal. I guess that is the way things evolve. Probably will with the club of 1000 also.

Lucy, yes, you've said this time and time again on this site.  One time i answered your question and put it into logical context for you, when i was being vocal in discrimination about some sources. 

Basically, the short version of what i said before goes like this:  Most people at this site do not seem to be conventionally religious, but are more alternative minded and there also seems to be a lot of westerner's on this site.  For us many westerners here-- gurus, channelers, etc are more "alternative" to mainstream Christian religions. 

Hence, speaking against Catholic priests, etc. which already is pretty widely publicized, well accepted as truth, etc. anyways, one would be wasting one's breath in "preaching to the choir" here at "Afterlife Knowledge".  Most of us are WELL aware of these issues, think they are horrible, but know religion in the mainstream sense is dying in more places than not.

What most here don't seem to be aware of as much, are the more subtle and less publicized issues with the more attractive to us, "alternative" sources such as found in the New Age and still yet "exotic" Eastern worlds.  It's like going from Bush to Obama.  One is much easier to see issues with, but we're still getting hoodwinked folks!

Many here seem to be much more interested in such sources--hence, if there is abuse, fraud, and the like going on in those worlds, it makes more sense to "Whistle blow" HERE in regards to these rather than to beating a dead horse with molesting Catholic priests, Church greed, etc, cause like we haven't deal with that for 1500 yrs or so.   Roll Eyes

Rather, it seems that you are more personally annoyed with the poster than just what he is talking about.  It's curious to me how people react to these things.  On one hand, some are  preaching tolerance and nonjudgmentalism to a poster here, but yet subtly telling him what he should or shouldn't be doing,  why, how he is wasting his time, etc. and seem to get personally annoyed with him more than with than his annoyance of general corruption, greed, and abuse in the New Age and Eastern worlds which are so much more attractive to more of us than humdrum Presbyterianism, Catholicism, etc

Apparently the irony of the situation is lost on these same folks?

But remember this (and yes, i am preaching to you folks--what's the saying, "if you got it, flaunt it"  well girlfriends and Sha-nay-nays, I gotz it (hand motions Now)....  to each of us is given different roles in this life, and until we become PUL personified we cannot and will not be "all things to all people", but have our roles, our Schick, if you will. 

For some, it is the "Whistle blower", for others it is the preacher of tolerance, for others it's the intellectual questioner and clarifier, and for others it's the the loud mouth preacher--you get my point. 

I for one, am quite happy that in the business and political worlds, there are people and organizations that play the "Whistle Blower" role and bring to our attention potential fraud, abuse, etc which then make it easier for me to direct my intuitive and critical faculities towards such sources helping me to more quickly discriminate truth from falsehood. 

Why do we value such whistle blowers in so many other areas of our lives, and yet so devalue or get annoyed by those whose "whistle blower" role is within the spiritual and consciousness?  Why do we judge so quickly and harshly these, as if we knew what's in their hearts?

Yes, of course it's up to each of us to decide for ourselves what is relative truth or not, and if i was approaching this issue on this site, i would have just briefly stated the alleged allegations and then recommended, if one had sufficient interest, to get in touch with the highest level guidance one can, and discriminate from that "space" the truth or not of the matter.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:26am

"One time i answered your question and put it into logical context for you, when i was being vocal in discrimination about some sources."

but the comment was for Albert.....

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 11:04am

Lucy wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:26am:
but the comment was for Albert.....

Sure, i'm aware that this time your comment was specifically directed at Albert, but the issue you brought up on a public forum seemed to be a more general one, which seemed to have direct relevance to the potential helpfulness or not of whistle blowing in relation to sources in more alternative, consciousness and spiritual worlds that people like Neale operate in. 

I called your bluff, as they say, as you seem to have been trying to call Alberts in relation to him bringing up a general issue that was not directed at anyone here in particular. 
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:07pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #38 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:49pm

called my bluff???

I know many people who don't know and don't care who Sai Baba or Walsch  or others like that are, but they know the political power of the Catholic Church. Why bother with the small change when bigger problems loom? Who does more to interfere with the advent of a new world, who does more to maintain the status quo, Walsch or...others?

Albert why do you always seem to focus on the small change, and do so incessantly? I guess I should just accept that you have a kind of knee jerk reaction to certain things and let it go and not let it be my problem too. I wish you well.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #39 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 3:17pm

Lucy:

I'm just one person and don't expect to change the entire World all by myself.

Consider this example. A drunk driver kills a kid and that kid's mother becomes an advocate for no drunk driving. She doesn't try to fix the entire World all by herself.  She speaks about what's close to her.

The same is true for me. I speak about what I'm familiar with. When it comes to priests who molest children, I figure there are other people who are better suited than I am to take care of such matters. The same is true for a lot of other issues that I don't devote time and effort to.

Lucy wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:49pm:
called my bluff???

I know many people who don't know and don't care who Sai Baba or Walsch  or others like that are, but they know the political power of the Catholic Church. Why bother with the small change when bigger problems loom? Who does more to interfere with the advent of a new world, who does more to maintain the status quo, Walsch or...others?

Albert why do you always seem to focus on the small change, and do so incessantly? I guess I should just accept that you have a kind of knee jerk reaction to certain things and let it go and not let it be my problem too. I wish you well.

IP Logged

Justin aka Vasya
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 3:39pm

Lucy wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:49pm:
I know many people who don't know and don't care who Sai Baba or Walsch or others like that are,

Are there many such people on this site?  Context. I wouldn't go retrieving to a Mormon hollow heaven and start communicating about Buddhism there. 

Quote:
but they know the political power of the Catholic Church

A power which is for the most part dying.  For the most part dogmatic religion in many areas of the world is dying, and will continue to die, thankfully.   

However, in the west and ON SITES LIKE THESE, the New Age, Channelers, Eastern sourced beliefs, etc. are rising and growing, and yet to some extent people are still getting hoodwinked by some of the same issues, though sometimes a more subtle and different looking package is involved.  Like i said, it's like going from Bush to Obama.  It was really easy to see the issues with Bush from the get go.  Not so for our more subtle Obama, but the end result is the same, we're still getting hoodwinked. 

Quote:
Why bother with the small change when bigger problems loom? Who does more to interfere with the advent of a new world, who does more to maintain the status quo, Walsch or...others?

Whether speaking of the Catholic Church's issues, or the issues of New Age sources, etc. the symptoms of the problems might look a bit different, but are coming from the same imbalances and fundamental issues like greed, materialism, power hunger, etc. 

If Walsch is engaging in fraud or the like, then why shouldn't someone who cares bring up at a site like this where people into him might be, rather than the traditionally religious types who are less likely to be found here?   

Or, why would I go to a site more so devoted to a traditional religion, and start speaking about the possible fraud or issues with Walsch?

And why do you seem to get so bothered by Albert bringing up such issues, when it's not about or directed to you?   Why do you make it so personal? 

More generally, why isn't it "ok" to question in a discriminating manner or whistle blow in relation to New Age and other type sources on a site that tends to attract those open to or interested in such sources?   

Why do we value our whistle blowers in other areas of life, but try to shut up the ones here?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.