Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Re Neale Donald Walsch's Group of 1000 (Read 32540 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re Neale Donald Walsch's Group of 1000
Dec 28th, 2011 at 5:54pm

A guy wrote the below:

"His Humanity's Team has a something called The Group of 1000, an exclusive group who get the honor of giving Neale 10% of their income. A former member of The Group of 1000 said, "What did we get in return? A group phone call once a month from Walsch where we were made to listen to his goings on about keeping it up, keep it coming, and how Walsch was enjoying himself travelling and taking cruises."

Here's the link to the discussion.

http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?12,105356,page=2

I checked and such a set up exists. Not only does he make a ton of money for selling a lot of books, he has some people give him 10% of their salary.

The Conversations with God books might say some good things, but I figure that if the words actually came from God, then all of them would be true. Yet, his books have words that as far as I'm concerned, aren't accurate.

Therefore, I conclude that either Walsch is a huckster or a misleading being has been whispering words into his ears and he hasn't been wise enough to realize this. It may also be a matter of his being too wrapped up in the fame and riches to want to acknowledge what is actually taking place.

If what I concluded is true, does it bother people that one of key leaders of the new age movement is as Walsch is? If not, why are people so passive about all of this? Why do they allow the misleaders of this World and beyond to get away with what they get away with?

In the past I've stated that some teachings can lead to indifference. Does this fact relate to the fact that some people are so indifferent when it comes to people such as Walsch?

Is it possible that after they die, some people will have a life review and find that they were passive about things that they were hoping they wouldn't be passive about before they incarnated?

Will some people find that they became emotionally attached and mislead by teachings such as ACIM and Conversations with God to an extent that they lost touch with their ability to thoroughly question the authenticity of such teachings?

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Re: Re Neale Donald Walsch's Group of 1000
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 7:10pm

Walsch has done essentially what Gary Renard (who wrote Disappearance of the Universe) also has done.

They both appropriated ACIM for their own purposes.  While Walsch claimed God was talking to him, Renard invented two ascended masters who he said actually visited him and who he claimed he taped but then destroyed the recordings.  How convenient....

When you read ACIM and then read what these two shysters wrote, it's obvious what they did.  They simply took the concepts of ACIM and rejiggered them to make it appear they were getting them first hand by either God or the "Masters."

People are so incredibly naive and/or so desperate to believe these characters that they simply suspend their judgement.

Taking 10% as Walsch is doing is disgraceful if not outright fraud.  Hopefully he'll go over the line and end up in the slammer where he belongs.

So here we have two spin-offs of a book that is, in itself, a clearly fraudulent work of fiction.

Sad huh.

R

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 7:32pm

Rondelle:

I believe Gary Renard is a fraud who jumped aboard the ACIM gravy train.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 8:25pm

If Neal Donald Walsch did in fact communicate with God, then hypothetically he could've sat in front of a room of experts of varying subjects and would've been able to answer any question they asked accurately. Not only that, he would've been able to provide answers to questions the experts don't have the answer to.

He did no such thing. His books don't provide information that is beyond what mankind knows. They mainly provide philosophical viewpoints that could've been based on what Walsch had read in other books and what he thought of on his own. It is almost as if subjects an expert could've called him out on were avoided. Yet, he still makes mistakes such as comparing Jesus to unethical gurus who did things such as molest children.

The below is an example of when close scrutiny is needed while reading Walsch's words. A rushed approach might take place when a person is thinking in terms of seeing what the entire book has to say, rather than focusing all of his attention on what he is reading at the moment. My comments are within brackets. Walsch's words are proceeded by one dash, the supposed words of God are proceeded by two dashes

--nothing—without a reason understood and approved by God.

-How can this be? What of the evil which has been created by man?

--You cannot create a thing—not a thought, an object, an event—no experience of any kind which is outside of God’s plan. For God’s plan is for you to create anything—everything—whatever you want. [[How about when little children are forced into prostitution? Is that a part of God's plan or do some people use their free will in very ugly ways?]] In such freedom lies the experience of God being God—and this is the experience for which I created You. And life itself. Evil is that which you call evil. Yet even that I love, for it is "only" through that which you call evil that you can know good; "only" through that which you call the work of the devil that you can know and do the work of God. [[I placed the word "only" within quotation marks because even though I understand that to some degree contrast is what makes existence work (e.g., you couldn't understand about humility without also understanding about arrogance), the way the word "only" is used seems to overemphasize the importance of evil.]] I do not love hot more than I love cold, high more than low, left more than right. It is all relative. It is all part of what is. I do not love “good” more than I love “bad.” [[I find it hard to believe that these last 2 sentences came from God. I love it when one person treats another with love and respect. I can't stand it when one person treats another cruelty. This isn't a matter of my being a spiritually immature ignoramus. It it's just that when I listen to my heart and common sense it seems quite natural to prefer positive behavior to negative behavior. To me the concept of a God who doesn't understand the difference between people treating each other with love rather than cruelly is preposterous.]] Hitler went to heaven. [[There is a lot of evidence that shows that people like Hitler end up in lower realms after they die. I had some experiences that seemed to suggest that Hitler ended up in a lower realm after he died.]] When you understand this, you will understand God.

-But I have been raised to believe that good and bad do exist; that right and wrong are opposed; that some things are not okay, not alright, not acceptable in the sight of God.

--Everything is “acceptable” in the sight of God, for how can God not accept that which is? To reject a thing is to deny that it exists. To say that it is not okay is to say that it is not a part of Me—and that is impossible. [[This way of thinking is really illogical, yet it is a way of thinking that some people might mistakenly get caught up in. Say there is a lady who is being beaten by her husband. You don't have to accept what is taking place in order to acknowledge that it is taking place. My feeling is that God is a very loving being who doesn't judge others, yet he is sane and balanced enough to not like it when one life form treats another cruelly. There is such a thing as negative/wrong/self-serving/bad/evil action.]]
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2011 at 9:33pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:14am

Albert

It isn't that I want to defend Walsch or Renard, it is that I get the feeling you think that if I don't jump on your Condemnation Wagon then I am supporting them.

If I were arguing with you in person, we would probably be butting heads like two rams.

You make me feel like you condemn these people and if I don't agree with you, you condemn me!  I don't care what you say, that is how your words make me feel. And you just won't listen when people tell you things like that because YOUR mind is just as made up as are the minds of the people who have chosen to support Walsch and Renard.

It's like you think, if I'm not with you then I must be against you.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:39am

Quote:
If what I concluded is true, does it bother people that one of key leaders of the new age movement is as Walsch is? If not, why are people so passive about all of this? Why do they allow the misleaders of this World and beyond to get away with what they get away with?

The so-called New Age Movement is about as organized as the Occupy Wall Street movement has turned out to be, and represents quite an amalgam of ideas. I also think of the phrase "new age movement" as SOOO  twentieth century!  Kind of like bell bottoms....  I am grateful to the movement for creating a space where many different ideas could/can be openly discussed and different lifestyles lived openly, or at least more openly.

passive about this..
most people I know don't even know who Walsch is. I forget, you live on that other coast! it is different here in the east. Maybe that is why I have a different perspective. I really don't have that in my day-to-day life.

allow Misleaders of the world to get away wth what they get away with...
when i came in to work tonight, my Muslim coworker who is from a middle eastern country was watching scenes from the funeral of that guy who just died in North Korea. We were expressing amazement, in different ways, of the way the North Koreans were mourning the loss of the dictator they saw as a father figure. How could they cry at his death??? Though we come from very different backgrounds, my coworker and I could agree on how strange that was, but also express some understanding of how brainwashing works.

I don't think we have a good understanding of how the psyche works..I'm in the cave trying to make theories based on seeing shadows....there is something we all need to experience at some time or other in giving too much credence to a person who has clay feet.

At the same time, don't we all want to be in the presence of someone who is transformed? Energy is contagious. I was reading something just yesterday about why the guru system works at all: because sometimes there is transference of energy from teacher to student. The Christians use this too. Even the Protestants. When the deacons were ordained in my church (mundane Presbyterians) there was a laying on of hands. It took me a long time to understand that that was supposed to be a literal transfer of the experience of the Holy Spirit from the person doing the ordination to the person being ordaned. I think sometimes it actually works. That is enough to keep the practice going.

So maybe what these people who have been giving money to these authors think is that they will get the energy this way. Maybe what they have to learn is that you can't buy it that way.

What I don't get is that you have had all these incredible experiences and yet you still seem to be so limited in certain ways. I guess that just means it's a long climb to the top of the mountain.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:41am

Quote:
They both appropriated ACIM for their own purposes.

Isn't this the way it all works?

I always thought all the Christian religions did the same thing with Jesus' teachings. So it just represents a pattern of the way the world works.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 12:23pm

Albert, I'm certainly not a supporter of NDW.  I am with Lucy on this plus when you say you've checked something/someone out you expect people to take your word for it when in fact the facts you present may or may not be factual!  Many times they seem to be based on your own bias.  You find something you already believe and take it as fact without checking other resources.  By doing this are you not participating in the promotion of delusion yourself?

This is from NDW's facebook page:

"The Group of 1000 is an activist group which tithes its time and money and spiritual energy to creating the possibility of a new spirituality's emerging on the planet. You have pledged 1% of your income, 1% of your time each month, you've promised to touch 1% of the people in your life with this message, and you've committed to doing this for a full year."

That said, this group of 1000 looks more like a sales gimmick than anything else. 

As Lucy says... patterns, repeating patterns, etc., etc.  The deluded will always have followers as they seek to define themselves as individuals.  Haven't we all been deluded at one time or another?  Experience and the feedback we receive from those experiences is what teaches us most effectively.

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:00pm

Regarding the 1% Kathy versus the 10% I referred to, according the below link 10% is true.

http://www.shareguide.com/Walsch2.html

The relevant part says:

"Lastly, you can join The Group of 1,000 (www.thegroupof1000.com). This is if you consider yourself to be highly committed, deeply motivated, and extraordinarily dedicated to assisting in the process of changing the world’s most fundamental beliefs about God, about life, and about each other. The Group of 1,000 will act as the prime source of spiritual, physical and financial support for Humanity’s Team. This is a very high level of commitment which involves pledging 10% of your income to help empower a magnificent and multifold agenda. There’s a lot more information about all of these organizations online."

I don't know how Walsch goes about choosing the 1,000, but let's assume their salaries average out to $50,000 a year. 50k x 10% = 5k. 5k x 1,000 = $5,000,000 a year that he collects from people.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:19pm

Say your dad dies, he was famous, and then some guy claims to channel him and makes lots of money doing so? Would you have to have judgmental thoughts towards him in ordered to be annoyed by what he does? Of course not.

That's how it is with me and Walsch. I don't feel judgmental towards him. I've helped retrieve souls that have done much worse things than him. Nevertheless, it bugs me when a guy claims to channel God when he doesn't. It bugs me when a guy with self-serving motives misleads lots of people.

Sure sometimes people learn the hard way by getting involved with people such as Walsch, but they wouldn't have to do so as near as much as they do if it wasn't for the fact that users like Walsch exist.

To say that everybody has to get involved with a false source like Walsch in order to learn discrimination is like saying everybody needs to become a drug addict in order to learn that it isn't good to be one.

I don't want to have to step on somebody's toes, but such a lack of desire shouldn't end up becoming a plus for people such as Walsch.

One of the reasons I don't like some of the words Walsch attributes to God is because they are too tolerant. Consider the matter of sex. I don't believe that things should be repressive to an extent where women have to do something such as cover up their faces. On the other hand society has become too free and obsessed with sexuality. There's too much of an anything goes attitude.

When you go too far with an anything goes attitude you can lose touch with the sacredness behind things. You might even lose the ability to think of God as a sacred being, and just sweep it under the carpet when somebody falsely claims to channel him. Doesn't God, in whatever manner he exists, deserve some loyalty?

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:40pm

recoverer wrote on Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:00pm:
Regarding the 1% Kathy versus the 10% I referred to, according the below link 10% is true.

http://www.shareguide.com/Walsch2.html

The relevant part says:

"Lastly, you can join The Group of 1,000 (www.thegroupof1000.com). This is if you consider yourself to be highly committed, deeply motivated, and extraordinarily dedicated to assisting in the process of changing the world’s most fundamental beliefs about God, about life, and about each other. The Group of 1,000 will act as the prime source of spiritual, physical and financial support for Humanity’s Team. This is a very high level of commitment which involves pledging 10% of your income to help empower a magnificent and multifold agenda. There’s a lot more information about all of these organizations online."

I don't know how Walsch goes about choosing the 1,000, but let's assume their salaries average out to $50,000 a year. 50k x 10% = 5k. 5k x 1,000 = $5,000,000 a year that he collects from people.

Sorry Albert, but I'm more inclined to believe something that is posted on a website NDW himself is responsible for than a website owned and operated by someone else.  Perhaps the 10% that website states is a misprint or typo... or maybe they suck you in at 1% with the intention of getting 10% from you. No doubt you'd believe the latter.

Sorry I forgot to post the link in my earlier post.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17574385190

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:58pm

Kathy:

I can't acces the link while at work, but thank you for providing. Yes, it probably makes more sense to go by what his facebook page says than what the site I provided a link for says. If you use the calculations I provided before he gets $500,000 a year rather than $5,000,000. I don't know how much he gets from his books, but they probably wouldn't sell as well if they were called, "Conversations with My Self."

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #12 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 3:03pm

recoverer wrote on Dec 29th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
I don't know how much he gets from his books, but they probably wouldn't sell as well if they were called, "Conversations with My Self."

LOL Grin  I concur!

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #13 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 3:23pm

Because I find it odd that according to an interview Walsch himself said the Group of 1000 requires a 10% tithing, I decided to do some more research. I found the below link. A person who was involved with Walsch said the following:

"However at the event there was no space for us common folk to speak in any impactful way. After the event they funneled those of us who were passionate about changing the world into their ongoing cash cow that they called The Group of 1000. 1000 people that were going to be empowered and supported in efforts to change the world. At least that was the pitch. In order to be a part of this illustrious group we were made to pay 10% of our total income to participate! What did we get in return? A group phone call once a month from Walsch where we were made to listen to his goings on about keeping it up, keep it coming, and how Walsch was enjoying himself travelling and taking cruises.

So first I coughed up the $600 for their meeting in New York. Which it turned out was not a spiritual meeting of the minds, but rather a very controlled event of being exposed to a pre-planned format that went over their pre-established doctrines in a random and goalless fashion. I even watched them kick out an entire group of people who were there representing A Course In Miracles, I suppose because they had their own message, and Neale and Humanity's Team apparently have no space for the opinions of others as it seems these groups and people are competing to help people and the world.

After the event they milked us further by insisting that we send them 10% of our total monthly income! With this I thought that this must be a serious group of individuals and that we must be a part of something that is going to give us the power to change our world as they had hyped it up as. After many months of paying my 10% a month, and after many of our once a month conference calls, it slowly began to dawn on me that I had been deceived. It took so long to catch on I suppose because I truly wanted to believe in this group and never could have imagined that they would stoop so low as to use our passion to scam us for money. This 10% of our income coming from who knows how many people for who knows how long must have been like winning the lottery for Neale and Humanity's Team. That was free money that they received with no responsibility on their part to deliver anything of value in return. We simply paid on faith. And we received nothing in return. No power, no way to share, no encouragement, no discussion. It's as though they truly believed that we just wanted to give them money for the ramblings on that they had already introduced. That is not what I was supporting. I was supporting the progression of what should have been a very important movement. Instead they worked us up for a period of time, took a ton of free money, and then later on they changed their tune and recessed back into the wood work of advice giving to individuals instead of addressing the very real unaddressed issues of this world.

While I was stranded in NY paying my 10% and working to get back to my home town I was paid a visit by one of the members of Humanity's Team. It was a girl from the UK that I had met at the event. She was in the states and she said she wanted to meet up with me. I thought since no one else was approaching me personally that this could be the liaison representing the group in talking to me so I accepted her invitation. She was no liaison and in fact she represented nothing but her own intentions. I spent another $600 on her thinking that that relationship would be the way that I communicate with the group. She called me a few times after our meeting and in one of our calls she told me that Neale was coming over to her house. She said it in such a way where I was made to assume that this was in a way a debriefing of her encounter with me. I don't believe that was her initial intention or that she was sent to do that, however that is what it became. Like a bunch of teenage girls this group began whispering their little gossip in secret corners. I suppose that's okay as long as it leads to the group owning up to the reasons behind their actions. But they never did. That little girl was the only one who had the courage to speak to me directly and the rest of my interactions with the group involved them sneaking around but never being able to say a word to me directly."

http://www.ripoffreport.com/rescue-mission/neale-donald-walsch/neale-donald-wals...

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #14 - Dec 29th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Good Grief Albert! 

That link is from the website you posted in your first post.  I saw it and read it earlier.  Who's to say this guy isn't someone just like you... posting a bunch of BS for his own reasons.  It doesn't make it true.  It's all gossip!  The truth is you don't know the truth because you have not experienced it firsthand, so why gossip about it?  Or is it your intention to delude people?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.