Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please Report These (Read 6036 times)
Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Please Report These
Oct 7th, 2011 at 8:53am

To  All,

When you see objectional posts that violate the Posting Guidelines like the one that was here PLEASE USE the Peer Moderator Form link at the bottom of every Forum page to report it and have it removed.

The link looks like this:
Fill Out and Submit Posting Guideline Violation Form

Click the link and fill in the information and send it.  That will get in removed.

One of our Forum members does regularly, I would like to see more of you help moderate these forums by using Peer Moderating.

Thank you All

Bruce
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2011 at 10:57pm by Bruce Moen »  
IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Re: Please Report These
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:05pm

I didn't know you had that capability. Thanks for letting me know. I noticed some bad postings in Off Topics recently.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 11:16pm

Ralph,

Yeah.  When this set of forums grew too big to police by myself I needed a way to become aware of the bad-apple posts.  It's easy to remove them, but no one person can hope to find them all.

Peer Moderating was the only way I could think up as a solution.  Let users take some responsibility for -or- a role in policing content.  If you, or any forum user, sees a bad apple, report it for possible removal.

I really appreciate those who use the Peer Moderating Form to report problem posts. 

BTW the system doesn't give me your email addresses when you send the form,otherwise you'd be receiving a Thank You email.  So, consider this your THANK YOU.

Love to All,

Bruce

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 12:36am

Hi Bruce,

I for one have been doing my part daily in sending you those spam ads attacks.  I wish I could do more, but I think your system of allowing members to help is a great idea.  Too bad those bad apples keep coming back. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Big Thanks Vicky!
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2011 at 1:36pm

Vicky,

I really appreciate your help in keeping these forums a safe, pleasant place to visit.

Bruce

IP Logged

srantap
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:04am

Bruce Moen wrote on Oct 10th, 2011 at 11:16pm:
Ralph,

Yeah.  When this set of forums grew too big to police by myself I needed a way to become aware of the bad-apple posts.  It's easy to remove them, but no one person can hope to find them all.

Peer Moderating was the only way I could think up as a solution.  Let users take some responsibility for -or- a role in policing content.  If you, or any forum user, sees a bad apple, report it for possible removal.

I really appreciate those who use the Peer Moderating Form to report problem posts. 

BTW the system doesn't give me your email addresses when you send the form,otherwise you'd be receiving a Thank You email.  So, consider this your THANK YOU.

Love to All,

Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.