Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
reuniting with a spouse in the afterlife (Read 14949 times)
bird

reuniting with a spouse in the afterlife
Jul 16th, 2010 at 2:03pm

I've been on my journey to better understand what happens after we die for several years now. And while what I have learned has offered me great comfort in many ways, there is one area of my new-found knowledge that causes me distress.

Before I had a more well-defined understanding about the afterlife, I held the belief that there was most likely a place we go after we die and that we could reunite with loved ones for eternity. Well, I know that part of this is true - when we die, we will reunite with our loved ones. But I'm not certain any longer if it's a reunion that truly lasts.

Sometimes I look at my husband and can't even fathom my life without him. I would like to find comfort in the fact that even though some day one of us will die first and the other will have to live out the rest of this life, he and I will be reunited afterlife.
But I am under the impression somehow that there are greater forces at work that I may not fully understand, and there is the possibility that he and I might choose not to be together. In other words, the strong desire I have as a human to be with my husband for all eternity might not be the same in the afterlife. I understand that as a spiritual being, this decision would not cause me or him stress. But as a human being right now, it is extremely unsettling.

Can anyone help me to better understand this concept? I understand that the realities might not be comforting to me, but I do feel the need to have a better handle on the possibilities, as right now I feel there are a few missing links for me.

thanks, my friends!

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: reuniting with a spouse in the afterlife
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 2:22pm

Hello Bird:

Yes, it can be difficult having a broad perspective while here in this world.

What you might try doing is meditating while thinking about your love for your husband, and then see how the love feels without thinking about him. You'll probably find that love isn't dependent upon him.

The challenges this world includes sometimes makes it difficult for us to tune into love, so sometimes we depend upon relationships in order to do so.  A time will come when we are in a higher realm and sharing love completely isn't so iffy, so we will be less dependent on specific relationships. Our souls will decide what they need accordingly.

IP Logged

bird

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 2:49pm

thanks, recoverer!

I found this interesting question/answer on the topic. It pretty much confirms what I thought. I'd love to have this idea that my husband and I will be "together forever" is some earth-based romantic sense, but I guess I must learn to find comfort in the fact that whatever is in store after I die will be based in pure love and make complete sense to me.

http://forum.adcguides.com/messages/102.html

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 6:22pm

A little more than three years ago, my partner and friend Janice passed away from here. She had asked me to wait to go to Lifelines at Monroe Institute until after she died, and I delayed it twice before I went in 2007. We had both gone to Monroe programs, and she had listened to the Going Home series of CDs many times, and had it playing in her ears as she breathed her last breath. She wanted us to take some pictures so we could see her "as an orb" and we had done so initially because she asked us to. It owrked, and an Orb of Golden Light left her lips as she departed. It hung around a day or two, then vanished. Her two sisters and I had nursed her for over a year before she gave it up, ostensibly of lung cancer and the radiation they impelled her to take (whole radiation of the brain and "gamma knife" to the brainstem). It was a huge loss for me even knowing she was just not here, and even with the ability to visit over there.

I did not try to see her until I went to Lifelines, and the very first exercise, a "Reintroduction to Focus 27" Bob Monroe's voice was counting us up through the levels and I found myself popping out in to a Temple of Alabaster, with shiny steps and pillars. Janice was standing in front of me, her back to me, delivering some pronouncement to a small group, and I burst out laughing in sheer joy. She turned around and shouted "THOMAS!" I "told" her I was at Lifelines and I was on my way to Focus 27 and she said, "Yeah. Isn't it great?." I  told her she was not on 27, and that I was not exactly sure where she was but that I would be right back, as the rest of my group was arriving on Focus 27 at the Reception Center at that moment (as Bob's voice droned on). I popped out and in to the courtyard of the Reception Center, beneath a pergola covered with bouganvillea in bloom, with my group of 9 fellow Lifelin-ers. Not a heartbeat later Janice popped in right beside me holding the arm of a man I had seen many months before in a golden coccoon in the Healing Center after his suicide. He was her brother Kenny. She had followed Kenny.

She said she had grabbed him and followed my glowing footprints, and here they were. Kenny looked dazed, but Jan and I melted into a hug I can still recall. It was my joy to "see" her, and my grief at once, bittersweet, but worth it, worth it, worth it. That was May 2007. In February 2008 I went to Exploration 27, which Bruce describes in his books. Janice was my guide to many things that week, and I found she had "built" her place next to mine over there.... When I write my book I might describe all the wonderful things we did that week, in my group and with Janice, and the many members of the group who came back with her name, or her nicknames or something to show she was there and it was for real. She really made a showing to me, and the group many times, in so many people's stories.

I have been to see her many, many times since. Our place is not really on 27, but more somewhere like 29 or 30 or so. She has become less interested in Earthly things since her passing, and after so long is still there, but a large part of her has evolved far beyond. Her story was like the one Bruce told about the woman who said something like: "If this is heaven, where is Jesus, and let's get on with it." That was so Jan, who never waited in line, always cut ahead of everyone (I was mortified and could not stop her). She really GOT forgiveness and unconditonal love, and her vibration is so fine she is a wisp of Janice, and mostly PUL (pure unconditional love) as we all are in the end. She is still her, and she is still waiting for me as she promised she would, and she is occupied with many things that are not of this place. Having been all the way to Starlines Two (Focus 42 and 49, and Beyond the Stargate) and back, I can grok that one would be less concerned with the speck who is Thomas, and more occupied with merging with our I-THERE (or, as Jan and I called it US-THERE).

Though we retain our essence, that essence is way more than who we are in this lifetime, in this suit of meat, as it is the merging of all one's lifetimes here and in other times and dimensions and planets and such. Who we think we are is a tiny speck of Who We Really Are, no? And so, it is both with joy and regret that I say that I have released her in my heart so that she can go on, knowing that one day we will meet. Just not likely in the way I have thought we should or might. Pure Unconditional Love is just that.

I hope this is a comfort to you. It was that same week at lifelines I did an accidental retrieval on Jerry Falwell (which is described in the Retrievals secton archives still). Oops. Love makes you do crazy stuff sometimes.

So-- I think you will meet with your husband in the over there, but it might not be like you imagine it. And how else would we have it?

Love and Light,
Thomas

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 10:05pm

Wow. Enjoyed reading every word Thomas. Thanks.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 10:31pm

Tgecks,

I tried doing  a search on your Falwell retrieval in the archives and couldn't find it. Can you find and post?

Goobygirl

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 12:30am

wow tgecks.....that was fascinating to read!!!! Thanks for sharing! Cool

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Pat E.

Northern California
Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 2:16am

Thomas, thanks for sharing that wonderful story/reality.  It gives me hope for me and for those I've recently lost:  my daughter Megan (38 when she died) in October, 2008 and my dearest friend Sharon (56 when she died) last month.  I've had reports Megan is doing fine.  I hope I get a chance to visit both of them before they move on.  I'm working on it.  Your post inspires me anew.  Thanks again.

IP Logged

bird

Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 9:43am

Thomas - what a wonderful story. I can only imagine the range of emotions you must have felt when you saw Janice. And I'm sure your ultimate reunion with her will be unlike anything you could ever imagine.

If I understand correctly, if someone dies many years before you, they undoubtedly have "progressed" in their spiritual development, so much so that by the time you get there, what you need to learn and pursue is well in the past for the loved one who arrived much earlier than you. If there is a period of time to enjoy earthly pleasures, it would seem that you would not be able to share this with a loved one who has progressed to this extent?

IP Logged

chrwe

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 12:34am

It seems we are so much more than we think we are. But if that is so, we are living this life for a reason. Maybe we are supposed to experience raw emotions like it is only possible with a physical body that is subjected to physical chemistry? And this way, we become attached to others in a way that is not very likely to be the same in the other life as energy (or whatever it is we are in the spiritual realm).

So - this life is unique and likely, we are supposed to live it to the fullest. Every new beginning is also some sort of loss. I also find it sad that my husband and my children will not be attached with me in the same way as they are here - on the other hand, at least we will never truly lose each other.

IP Logged

bird

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 9:34am

selfishly, i just want us to live as a happy family in the afterlife just like we are on earth!

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 9:42am

selfishly, i just want us to live as a happy family in the afterlife just like we are on earth!

Oh I think we do, but that our happy family is a bit larger than we think....

Falwell: http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1180192197

I do not think it is the intention to move away, but it would seem there is much of greater interest and potential over there than us remaining specks....I don't know, really. Just my experience with Jan, and other's is necessarily different because you have a different Interpretor and database. I sure do miss her, but she is still with me, in my Heart. Every day. And she has moved on, too.

Thomas

IP Logged

usetawuz

ALK Member

ne fla
Reply #12 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 8:10pm

bird, I have been with my current wife, a primary soulmate, in marital relationships in excess of 29 lives...another primary soulmate I was engaged to previously in this lifetime, in excess of 43 times...we have been mother/father, son/daughter, grandparents/aunts/uncles/brother/sister to each other inumerable times.  Those you have the deepest connection to are with you for a reason...you planned it and you have that timeless connection.  To worry about not having them with you is pointless...they will always be with you...even if they transition from this lifetime, they are with youwhether youknow it or not, and when you transition, they will be there with you planning the next play and choosing roles/characters in it. (thanks beau!)

tgecks...that was truly inspirational...amazing how little of our souls are involved in our incarnate lives, and how huge we see our roles in our soul's existence!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.