Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do you know? (Read 4456 times)
Bumblebee

ALK Member

How do you know?
Jan 10th, 2010 at 7:32pm

Hey guys,

I don't know about you, but my whole journey has been a rollercoaster since I "woke up" to the idea that we may be more than our physical bodies.  One minute I'm being faced with overwhelming data that we survive physical death, the next I'm thown into the pit of physical reality is all there is - after that, lights out.  I'm at the point now that once death does face me, as I (scarily) have to deal with it some time, it will take me a long time to wake up to being still "me" as I'll deny it and think it's my brain agonizingly drawing out the process to oblivion.

I want to rid myself of this, but it seems impossible within physcial reality.  I was once again fairly happy in my beliefs after the revelation I mentioned in Afterlife Knowledge.  Then I read an article about how it *could* be a product of our own brains.  On the one hand, it gives me a huge drive to finally break through the AP barrier (If physical life is all we have then I should be maximising my currently unconscious states to prolong the physical life I have), on the other hand the thought of facing oblivion after death is scary beyond belief, and brings me to a state where I (paradoxically) want this life to just be over with the oblivion that comes with it to get it "out of the way".  The problem with this article is that it mentions how brains can communicate with each other to give the illusion of dual projections etc. 

Are we just a big cosmic mistake?  Is there *any* way of proving that it's not a product of the brain?  My Goodness, if our physcial realilty is a huge illusion then it is the best illusion that anyone could ever invent... ever...  Which does give me a huge sense of awe for the initial creator....

Recently I had the inspiration that we are minds within minds within intersecting minds within minds ad-infinate...  But which came first, the mind or the physical?

I'm not sure I can resolve this without physical death, and I don't want to experience physical death without seeing my little girls grow up...  Which makes me very uncomfortable, knowing I can't be at peace until I know without a doubt yet my overiding need to know that my little ones grow up with my presence...

Can anyone here relate to this?  Any words of wisdom?  I'll post the article if you'd like x

IP Logged

vagabound
Ex Member

Re: How do you know?
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2010 at 8:48am

Hey Bumblebee,

Quote:
I'm at the point now that once death does face me, as I (scarily) have to deal with it some time, it will take me a long time to wake up to being still "me" as I'll deny it and think it's my brain agonizingly drawing out the process to oblivion.

Don't worry about that; someone will find you and take you Home. And if no one else does, then I will.

Quote:
I was once again fairly happy in my beliefs after the revelation I mentioned in Afterlife Knowledge.  Then I read an article about how it *could* be a product of our own brains.

I think one of the biggest problems is that religion is working against science. There are still people trying to prove that the earth is 6000 years old. Plus, a lot of scientists believe that knowing the reason why grass grows is the ultimate proof that there ain't nothing but grass and rain... This attitude keeps us from moving forward to find the truth.

Believe whatever feels right to you. Life is not meant to be punishment. If there's something you'd like to believe, go for it. And even if some day you should find out that you were wrong, so what? What else would they say but - you had a good life and no one can take that away from you?

take care and have fun with your kids
Vagabound

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: How do you know?
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 10:32pm

Regarding these things brain scientists typically tell when they attempt to be philosophers, the value of such things is zero. They tell you for instance, what you experience is created by your brain (and maybe some sort of input). So, then all science as well would be a product of brains. As well, "brain" would be a product of a brain, and this direct circle shows the nonsense of this concept; an element from the world is taken (brain) and declared to be the foundation of this very world, and such an argumentation is ridicilous and can not in any way be verified nor falsified. It is just nonsense.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.