Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
suicides and retrievals (Read 6337 times)
gordon phinn

Afterlife Knowledge Member

toronto, canada
suicides and retrievals
Nov 25th, 2008 at 6:51pm

Friends, hi,

after hearing about the young man who drugged himself out of existence (or so he thought) live on the net, i thought a wordofgord youtube video on the subject of suicides might be of use.
There's not much in it that folks here don't know already, but i'denjoy your input anyway.

you can find it under "wordofgord: suicides and retrievals"
on www.youtube.com

thanks and love to all:  gordon

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Re: suicides and retrievals
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 6:45pm

Many thanks for that Gordon.
I can empathise with that as in 1982 my life went to hell and I tried to commit suicide, so I can remember thinking that there was nothing left for me at the time to look forward to except more of the same.
I was so angry at 'them up there' and I was ready to find the guy in charge and ask him just what the hell he thought he was doing giving me all this crap, particularly as we're supposed to never be given more than wee can handle. At the time I decided that it was really more than I could handle and someone had really screwed up in my case.
Needless to say I'm still here nearly 30 years on!  Wink
However, I notice that in Michale Newton's books he deals with suicides and one person lets fly at a guide, accusing him of not understanding what she went through. The guide then showed this suicide what he had experienced to show that he really DID understand.
However, I believe that there's another factor, and this one still puzzles me.
When we come into the ELS we forget all about where we've come from so we're only working with what we know at the time. Our guides and helpers know the full story, we don't, so it appears to me that we're hamstrung by this very act of forgetting, which alters the balance of our (lack of) understanding and we make even more errors by committing suicide -even though that seemd to be the only 'logical; way out at the time.
I remember when I decided to end it all finally being very clear for the first time for ages about what to do. After weeks of pain and confusion I just gave up, decided that the cavalry weren't going to ride over the hill to save me, and that as everyone though I was an idiot and with no redeeming qualities that the best thing to do would be to get the hell out of the way.

Which seems extreme now, but that was how I felt at the time......

So: is there a way that you can get a sense of the full story of your life and keep going when everything's turning to ashes, or is the forgetting your spiritual origins just something built into the ELS system and you have to accept it and put up with it?

Sometimes it seems to hard to continue. I'm working with the Hemisync tapes but I seem to have reached a block where I can't get any further. I have beliefs about all this, but I want to get them to become knowns.

Best wishes,

David.
Smiley

IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 7:01pm

Thanks for this David, and yes "the forgetting" is a huge challenge/annoyance.
As we mature as souls the general idea is to stengthen the bond between Higher Self and earthbound personality (or lower self).  In our early human incarnations we are still so enthralled with physical plane appetites, fears and desires that we cannot hear the still small voice within.  Slowly we start to hear it whispering once in a while, but our youthful enthusiasms generally find reasons not to listen.  Eventually we hear it quite a bit, but never enough, giving rise to this sense of everyone else but you knowing what's going on.
Regular meditation and use of hemi-sync can help in all the remembering; i would advise patience and practice.  do not beat yourself up for failing to make as much progress as you think you should.  relaxing into the experience is best; just let go.

best wishes, gordon phinn

detheridge wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 6:45pm:
Many thanks for that Gordon.
I can empathise with that as in 1982 my life went to hell and I tried to commit suicide, so I can remember thinking that there was nothing left for me at the time to look forward to except more of the same.
I was so angry at 'them up there' and I was ready to find the guy in charge and ask him just what the hell he thought he was doing giving me all this crap, particularly as we're supposed to never be given more than wee can handle. At the time I decided that it was really more than I could handle and someone had really screwed up in my case.
Needless to say I'm still here nearly 30 years on!  Wink
However, I notice that in Michale Newton's books he deals with suicides and one person lets fly at a guide, accusing him of not understanding what she went through. The guide then showed this suicide what he had experienced to show that he really DID understand.
However, I believe that there's another factor, and this one still puzzles me.
When we come into the ELS we forget all about where we've come from so we're only working with what we know at the time. Our guides and helpers know the full story, we don't, so it appears to me that we're hamstrung by this very act of forgetting, which alters the balance of our (lack of) understanding and we make even more errors by committing suicide -even though that seemd to be the only 'logical; way out at the time.
I remember when I decided to end it all finally being very clear for the first time for ages about what to do. After weeks of pain and confusion I just gave up, decided that the cavalry weren't going to ride over the hill to save me, and that as everyone though I was an idiot and with no redeeming qualities that the best thing to do would be to get the hell out of the way.

Which seems extreme now, but that was how I felt at the time......

So: is there a way that you can get a sense of the full story of your life and keep going when everything's turning to ashes, or is the forgetting your spiritual origins just something built into the ELS system and you have to accept it and put up with it?

Sometimes it seems to hard to continue. I'm working with the Hemisync tapes but I seem to have reached a block where I can't get any further. I have beliefs about all this, but I want to get them to become knowns.

Best wishes,

David.
Smiley

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 1:18pm

David---
On a personal note-- 16 years ago I had a severe firbromyalgia attack which lasted 9 1/2 -- 24 hours a day without let up. After it started to calm down, the after pain lasted months. My pain was located just below the breast line, went all around to my back, but did not hurt under my arms. I BEGGED the doctors to help, and their advise was to stop hyper ventalating. (I was actually hypo-ventalating). My PCP sent me to mental health 3 times to be analyized. I went three months in discomfort before and arthritis doctor told me it was fibro.
During the time of the massave attack where I couldn't breath correctly or even talk without strain, I kept questioning WHY? What is all this pain for? I kept invisioning someone with a vodu doll and kept a vice tightly around my lower chest and laughing at me.  I tried to meditate, but had no relief for 9 1/2 days. It made me feel that something must be wrong in my head (I argued with the doctor that it was physically wrong in my head) and that the higher spirits wanted me to go through all this pain.  I still haven't a clue why I had to suffer with that horrible attack.  In this state, New Hampshire, some years later, a registered nurse took her own life because of a fibromyalgia attack.  I prayed for her spirit to find full recovery. 

I never thought of suscide as an alternative, but remember the massave attack started to let up on the 10th day. However, I question the pain I went through to this day.

I am happy that you decided to stay with us and join this forum.  Perhaps by using the TMI CD's and hemisync, we both will find answers to our inner most questions.

Love Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 2:22pm

Greetings,

I too am so glad, David, that you didn't follow through with those  thoughts of ending it!

What if we (or our guides) fully remembered/ realized how painful pain is, maybe we wouldn't be able to continue in this physical realm. But pain (in any body--physical, emotional, mental, etc) may be the only way to clear some passages out.
Mankind has invented correlations of that, using forced air or electrical current, etc to blast through obstructed passageways.

We're told we're here on Earth for lessons and to grow stronger.
I believe that some realms are alot easier--realms for R and R, realms for learning to experience finer energies, to become more sensitive, than physical forces can teach.

For years i was prepared for suicide, and those same years I was cussing out my guides.  Tongue  Embarrassed  Sad   Finally now I'm learning to listen to my own inner responses to my own complaints, and progress is coming along much better.  Smiley  Shocked
There are answers !

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 5:06am

Hi Carol Ann and Bets,
many thanks for your replies.
My point here is that we make 'mistakes' in our lives because we don't know what we're here for, and actually trying to get a handle on what our life path or issues should be seems loaded against us, while we have the forgetting.
I'm a musician in this life -and I must have been one in the past because I knew things about music without knowing how when I was younger, if you see what I mean..... Roll Eyes
Now I can look at other musicians and folks I've worked with in the past and see how they're succeeding in a much more focussed way. It's not about the fame or fortune (although the latter is always nice!  Grin) but the fact that they are totally focussed on what they're doing in this life, are obviously getting fulfilment right from the start, and just getting on with it without doubts, worries or side alleyways.
In my life I've often wondered just what the hell I'm here for and what I'm supposed to be doing. The frustration and confusion can get to you at the best of times because you can't see the real (big?) picture of your life.
So getting back to the original point, at times you can ask yourself what has my life been for -and if the answer that comes up is 'nothing' then you begin to think that this current life is wasted, worthless and that maybe you'll never either find your path or achieve your goals.
If life has no meaning (and this is independent of whether you're experiencing physical pain or not) then why continue in a meaningless exercise?
My argument is not necessarily one of physical or emotional pain (although I've had lots of the latter at times) but spiritual loneliness -I think that's the term, I can't express this any other way at the moment. If you feel at the inner most core of your being so very alone and that you can't get a link with guides and soul family, there comes a great sadness that never entirely goes away.
Even though I can be surrounded by other musicians in an orchestra or on jazz gigs, part of me still feels separate, despite the oneness of making music. At the end you always end up with yourself and nobody else.
I don't know if this is making any sense at all  Embarrassed Undecided but I hope you folks understand.
I think it's this longing for a lost connection that can drive people to suicide. Mind you, when we get up there and our guides say 'why did you come back early' the only answer seems to be 'because AT THE TIME AND WITH THE INFORMATION I HAD  that seemed to be the best/only course left open'.

So if we could remember MORE (not necessarily all) of our origins and life issues when we're down here, it might make things in the ELS just a bit more 'sensible' (if that's the right word) and we wouldn't keep getting off the path and even reegressing.

Hope you understand.
Love
David.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:43am

Greetings,

We understand what you are saying, detheridge. We''ve been there too. -- Alone in an orchestra?  Oh yeah! try playing viola! Cheesy Roll Eyes  Just call me alto cleft!  And I've had the suicide appartus ready. I'm agreeing with you!

What I don't agree with is your tone that that is all we can know, that that is all there is to know. You can learn more of the whys and wherefores. Perhaps you are carrying too much from the past  I'm thinking.
For one thing, you are not alone here.  There are many people here with similiar backgrounds who have passed that point of thinking that's all there is. You can ask musicians about music, but maybe you have to find folks who have been through the self-doubt in order to learn what milestones to watch for in order to move away from it.

There's nothing truly magical about hemi-synch, although I can see how a musician would be interested in being transported by sound. However you may need to amp up your introspection in several areas, rather than relying on outside sound, rather than rehashing the immediate past. The answers are further in and they're all carried in your system.

Being alone is a good condition for introspection.  Looking inwardly, you might try compiling a list of thoughts and situations that jar/startle the inner you, things that are personal that don't bother others. Those inner startle/jumps can be an indication of hidden events we need to resolve.

Another mode of introspection is to read others' records of it. Bruce's books, or in a totally different vein, "The Tibetan Book of the Dead" may show you some important journeys.

In other words, it's important to build up some more information before you can pull out the answers that you need.

"While we have the forgetting"  is a beautiful phrase. Such writing shows you are in touch with your heart and soul. And in another meter and mood, so does "Needless to say I'm still here nearly 30 years on!   Wink" ! 

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #7 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 11:04pm

Well, I have to say that my own feelings are that whatever we choose to do is ok...it is all a learning experience no matter which way we jump. I think Robert Monroe said something about suicide being a person's inalienable right...can't remember where I read it, but I think that way myself.

It's good to try hard to occasionally separate out what is really cultural or "religious" and absolute brain washing in our beliefs about things (like suicide for example) and what is basically intrinsic to human-ness and our inherent divinity.

To "see" from a "charismatic" point of view, that is, to see through a lens and perhaps even a second lens, rather than looking directly with judgment or resistance and fear at something, gives freedom from the restraints imposed by others.

I claim the right to freedom to decide when I truly have had enough...bearing in mind that there are poorly developed powers within myself to alter my reality if I focus on that. If I seek to develop those powers, I can change my world. When things get really, really pissy I watch The Secret again and read snatches from Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting.

And I remember other times when there were individuals in my life who thought I was worthless (excuse me, remember that thing about finger pointing and four fingers pointing back, always true that one) and I remember great things I went on to achieve afterward.

It isn't about others' approval, you and only you know what you have accomplished here. You can be treated like the lowest worm on earth and go stand beside the mighty ocean and hear it roar and know you are, really, the only one on earth who has to answer for you.

When my daughter died, what lifted me and brought me through that valley of endless tears was, of all unexpected things, the consistent thread of integrity that has characterized my life...since then it has often occurred to me how vital a lifetime of at least mostly consistent integrity is when things go to hell.

Thing is, there are others who would laugh at my faith in my own integrity for they would see only faults. But I know when I bring my basket of goodies to God at the end of it all, I am bringing a Quality Product to that throne. And I feel proud of my basket of goodies.

I'd like to do something really wonderful like Monroe or Bruce have done, but for me, I am satisfied with what I have achieved so far and hope to do better things in years ahead.

Suicide has haunted me since the age of 12 and I have attempted suicide a few times, and been amazed at how difficult it is to do it right.

Yes, I have a kit on hand always, I hope not to die of a series of strokes over years and years like my mother did. But I can't control those circumstances except in sensible ways. In the end, I will try to learn and expand my spiritual beingness no matter how the end comes. But if I have my choice, I will not suffer for years begging others to finish it for me.
Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 10:04pm

Seems we're having a club here... What Detheridge wrote, I could have written as well.

Detheridge, on a mind journey I met a lady who seemed to know me, and then saw a sort of movie of a past life, where "I" committed suicide and left her alone with her children, and immediately after I did it, I flew back to them nonphysically and deeply regretted what I had done, as I left them despite our love. That's what I realized; she wasn't angry at me, as it was back a long time in the past, but she wanted that I remember what I had done.
   It was very emotional to me, and of course I keep this in mind. But you're right, the problem remains: Back then, I realized my wrongdoing AFTER my life had ended. Now, in this life, I do know more, but it's still not that much to say I'm sure what my life is about and what to do. I have to find and reunite with some people of my soul family, physically and nonphysically, as I had gone astray in past lives, that's what I've been told. But I don't know who it is. So, I go on and see what's coming. What I sympathize with are some things of Buddhism, mainly Zen. It's maybe because of the unanswered questions and worries you mentioned which I have, too.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 2:54pm

We live in a paradox: We agree to come to earth, forgetting all that we have learned. Once here, we spend all of our earth life trying it remember!
cat

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 2:55pm

ooops--- trying TO remember--

cat

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #11 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:34pm

Yes, Cat, my point exactly!  Cheesy

Love,

David. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.