Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Are you or I an Empath? (Read 9885 times)
identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Re: Are you or I an Empath?
Reply #15 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:09pm

Alan--- yes
I have been since an infant.
I don't like any loud noises. I can hear the electricity going through the house and I have been known to go through the house and cellar to tone things down by unplugging them or shutting them off. I don't like loud music. When I go to the theater for a musical, I bring cotton balls to tone it down.  I don't like the sound of traffic, etc.

I get fidgety in crowds. I will avoid crowds as often as possible. I can feel the anxiety of others, their anger, their distress.  I don't even like window shopping. I rarely go to a mall and I order most of my clothes and  arts/crafts via catalogue or on-line.

I seldom get "depressed".  I become very sadden when I see the distruction that the human rase has caused. I get very  inwardly emotional when a person is profain and swears.  It hurts my soul.

I have a good attitude outwardly, because I want to spread positive vibrations from me to the other person, but I can feel their anger, hurt, sorrow, also their happiness, joy, laughter. 

I have no real friend. Never did. I was always too outspoken and told the truth without using tactfulness. My parents never help me here, instead they critized me instead of teaching me.
My own sister said to me that we wouldn't even know each other as friends except that I'm her sister. She said we have nothing in common.

When my mother hurt me with what she has said, it will take me a very long time to heal from the pain.  I will forgive her, but my soul still hurts.  I often search for the answer to why I must go through the hell of my sorrow when someone critizies me-- I have always been sensitive.

I get drained when someone "dumps" on me, because I experience the same feelings that they do.

I have been told by my family and acquaintances that I am now exceptionally patient.  I am a clencher now--- I clench my teeth together and hold back my remarks until I analize the best way to answer.  It has taken me half a century to get to where I am now.

Love and Light to ALL --- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #16 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:21pm

Hey

Carol Anne,

You are an Empath but you must learn to control and direct it. You can pray for protection and at the same time imagine you are being filled from your head down to your toes with an intense bright white light,

Imagine a strong force field a bubble like energy field protecting your whole body.

Do this for a few minutes or as long as you like, Then hold both hands upwards and throw the energy at the object of your distress or at the person you want to help, both physically or mentally.

Even if the target is on the other side of the world

Wait untill you actually begin to feel the flow of energy flowing out of your body usually from your hands and fingers that comes from Godand not you.

People especially empaths wrongly use their own limited life energy to do this and end up being hurt, drained and depressed

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #17 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:30pm

Dear Bets,
Quote:
The qualities termed 'empath' here are qualities of an exposed soul, IMO.

I do not agree that a soul can live well on Earth so fully exposed as what you've described. That's how depression get involved.

As a closet empath, slightly reformed, I do not like to see full empath-iness glorified. JC could never have accomplished all he did if he had lived by those characteristics.

You are right Bets unless an Empath learns to control, protect and direct this unwelcome energy one can go into severe clinical depression. And you know that I fit that bill and have suffered unimaginably from this gift of discernment before learning to control it

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 2:44pm

Perhaps some of these qualities are simply a result of a lack of boundaries and confidence -- for certain people. If I look at this list honestly, I can see where I am personally responsible for how I feel in the majority of these circumstances.

No, I don't like crowds, at times. Yes, I pick up others' energy. Etc. etc.

However, I think that part of these symptoms originate from an inner resistance to what is. When I am gently holding myself within awareness of the 'larger self' which I know that I am, resistance drops away. The situation becomes more tolerable, and possibly even one I can embrace.

Each of us needs time to be alone, to be unobserved, to be ourselves. We can become oversensitive by neglecting our own needs. Overstimulation can cause us to perceive ourselves as weak, when we are really much stronger than we know.

just some thoughts, blink

Alan McDougall wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 7:34am:
Here are a few indicators of what I think might be the characteristics of an empath

Are you one??

You may be an empath if:

You can’t bear noises - They go right through you. (Oh!! The unspeakable agony of my wife vacuum cleaning with that demonic machine)
You hate crowds .
You suffer anxiety, but there is no apparent cause
You feel depressed for no apparent reason
You take on the guilt of others and their actions
You are overly sensitive to people and sense if they don't want you around.

You tend to avoid such people if you feel you're not wanted.
You  feel ungrounded.at times
You always are sensitive to how others will feel.
You become very drained in the company of certain people
You are deeply hurt by the smallest criticism.
You can sometimes feel the actual physical pain or illness of another person, even at a distance.
Your mood can change from sad to joy in a brief moment and you do not always know the reason
You become aware when something is wrong with a family member or close friend
You have few real close friends.
You find it hard to forgive because you are somehow aware that the person who hurt you still dislikes you

Come on guys, if you think you are an empath then add to the list

I know I am an emphath and this does not make life easy at times

Take care
Alan

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #19 - Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:55pm

That's a list describing a person with serious issues. And yes, I recognize myself in most of the list, haha.

One more season.

IP Logged

devayan

Australia
Reply #20 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 3:00am

I am curious about your photo...is that you with the lovely long white hair and beard???Answer me and I will give you a response. to the empath concern

Awareness is the Divine Key
oilyrag5608  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #21 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:51am

devayan
Quote:
I am curious about your photo...is that you with the lovely long white hair and beard???Answer me and I will give you a response. to the empath concern

No that old guys is the wizard in the"Lord Of The Rings" movie. I dont have a beard he is a little older than me, but my hair is white just like his

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #22 - Apr 20th, 2016 at 5:27am

This is just one example of the hundreds of threads

Alan McDougall wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:51am:
devayan
Quote:

No that old guys is the wizard in the"Lord Of The Rings" movie. I dont have a beard he is a little older than me, but my hair is white just like his

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 3:08am

Here are a few indicators of what I think might be the characteristics of an empath

Are you one??

You may be an empath if:

You can’t bear noises - They go right through you. (Oh!! The unspeakable agony of my wife vacuum cleaning with that demonic machine)
You hate crowds .

You  feel ungrounded.at times
You can sometimes feel the actual physical pain or illness of another person, even at a distance.
Your mood can change from sad to joy in a brief moment and you do not always know the reason
You find it hard to forgive because you are somehow aware that the person who hurt you still dislikes you

Take care
Alan

Greetings Alan.

I never saw this post from 2008 until now. Thank you for re posting.    Smiley

I sometimes wondered if I have empathic qualities, though not enough to think of myself as being a true empath. Here are your qualities that I feel match me:

I'm not 100% sure on these but they have applied to me either somewhat or a lot over the past several years.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 3:15am

Ralph Buskey wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 3:08am:

Are you one??

You may be an empath if:

You hate crowds .

You  feel ungrounded.at times

Take care
Alan

Greetings Alan.

I never saw this post from 2008 until now. Thank you for re posting.    Smiley

I sometimes wondered if I have empathic qualities, though not enough to think of myself as being a true empath. Here are your qualities that I feel match me:

I'm not 100% sure on these but they have applied to me either somewhat or a lot over the past several years.

Ralph

Ralph if you have 5 or more of the qualities, I listed you might very well be an empath?

That is who it is so important for people like us to keep close to reality and deductible truth or your mind might go into meltdown like mine did IN TRYING TO SORT OUT EXACTLY WHAT WAS REALITY AND TRUTH AND WHAT WAS NOT?

Blessings and Light

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.