Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
My Criteria for a True Heaven (Read 28129 times)
I Am Dude

Re: My Criteria for a True Heaven
Reply #15 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 2:06am

I dislike using the term "heaven" at all, simply because it implies certain concepts about the afterlife to most people which are false. 

It is important to understand there is no one place we go after death to stay for eternity.  Rather, there are an infinite amount of "places" (dimensions) to explore within our consciousness, as it is ever expanding, and so we are constantly progressing through these infinite levels of existence. 

Our consciousness is currently in need of the learning and experience of rather basic truths. As we learn these truths and move on to explore more of our greater inner reality, (which is what happens when we leave the earth experience system for example) , we enter more advance systems capable of a greater expression and experience of consciousness. 

PUL is in the equation, of course.  The more we learn to truly know ourselves(which is what happens throughout the entirety of our infinite existence, as we are always experiencing ourselves and simultaneously growing and expanding into more of what we were), the more we move towards PUL, for they go hand in hand. 

The problem with looking only to NDE reports for personal answers regarding the reality of "heaven" is that the individuals are only able to explore the porch, they haven't even entered the house of "heaven" yet... and did I mention that this house is infinite in size and has an infinite number of rooms to experience...and that these rooms increase in all ways as you progress through them... and that this "infinitly-sized house" you are in is really the totality of yourself, which is essentially The One, Source.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #16 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 10:58am

Hi

A forum friend from the Astral Pulse form wrote this and said I could post it here.

I like what he wrote

Hi Alan,
I have no beliefs about what happens after death, so I can only share information from my work and experiences.

We've all heard of "going into the light", and if you make it that far, don't get yourself caught up in some self-created belief-system construction.. waylayed by lower-intentioned disembodied beings, or just plain stuck close in the 3D of earth... then you do go into the Light.

The light is simply an 'avenue' to the top most layer of the Astral. Monroe called this Focus 27. I know it as the place where the Akasha is, among other interesting things. (Akashic Record/Hall of Records, etc)

Once I take someone over into the light, usually someone who has been stuck close to this 3D, we come to what I call the Arrival Zone... and it is here where people reporting NDE's will meet their relative, or other being telling them to go back.

Everyone so far has had someone or something waiting for them at the Arrival Zone, as an example... people who suicided have been met by a "medical team" because that action is seen as a symptom of illness, while most others have been met by a significant person from their immediate incarnation.  This is to help them transition in waking up from "the dream of life"

To see someone wake up is beautiful and sometimes comical too. As their memory begins to get clear, they recall the arrival zone, the feeling of that level of the astral... and you can watch as they begin to shine more brightly again, as if a veil is lifting off them.. which of course it is.

From there, most do their version of life-review, then decide what they would like to do afterwards. Many have stayed on for a while to work in 'jobs' suited to their desires and preferences... for instance, one I know currently works with abused children when they arrive.

What is important here, is:- you are the one who chooses... nothing is forced upon you as just deserts for your life's actions. You have the power of choice in every moment, always. In fact, you do not even "have to" return here!!! You can do whatever you choose, when you choose.

Wonderful isn't it.

Be well

Taysin

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:40pm

Bets wrote: "Harvey--there was a play about Harvey, 'a large transparent hare; you couldn't see him anywhere.' --Is he your avatar?  Smiley"

Recoverer responds: Perhaps Harvey believes that having a difference of opinion is censorship. Perhaps it is censorship to suggest that a person can't have a difference of opinion. If people don't want to have their statements contradicted, perhaps they shouldn't post them on the internet. Why do some people believe that free speech applies only to the first person to make a statement?

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #18 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:24pm

My personal thought is that any religious doctrine that believes you must only believe in the Christian version has no relationship with God at all. If you don't, then in comes the old fear based control that most religious doctrines have. My God is the only God, or mine is better than yours. Believe only in this one or your going to hell. I can't believe in a religion that rejects others just because they think differently that it, the religion demands. You don't have to be a Christian to go to heaven or to be with God. True heaven and God rejects no one. Everyone gets in if they so desire. There is no sin big enough that God would ever close the gates on you. There are no religious doctrines in heaven. No losers...everyone a winner when they make it to their heaven. Its just full of Love. Mind you I love the descriptions like the warm light....beautiful music.....and the sort. (Funny, that's how I would show Love to another if I was using NVC.)

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #19 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:44pm

What if some people wanted a kid to eat an ice cream cone? Would they have to threaten this kid with being thrown into a tub of boiling water in order to get this kid to eat the cone, or will the kid be more than happy to do so simply because he or she knows that ice cream tastes good?

Since Jesus spoke about how knowledge, happiness, beauty, peace and love can be found, would it be necessary for him to scare people in the way fundamentalists try to scare people?

Perhaps people who came after Jesus tried to make it seem like you better believe in him or else, because this was their way of controlling people. Perhaps it is more of a matter of trusting what he says. Certainly a wise and loving God would understand that Souls will find him in many ways.    
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2008 at 3:43pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #20 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 3:36pm

Don, A quick question for you, or anyone who would like to address it. I am most likely confused but it seams like you feel it important that a number of Muslims have converted to Christianity. Why is that? Why is it important that they switch over to a Christian God? I feel empathy for them. That would be the same as Christians changing over to Islam. Hindus to Existentialism. Or, or ,or.... To lose belief in your God. How devastating that must be for some. Its not like one is any better that the other, now is it? The final platou is the same for many when searching for the truth when seeking afterlife knowledge. Searching an understanding with your own God.
Joe

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #21 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 4:30pm

Greetings,

I'm wonderring that since the Earth has its own Lucifer angel, maybe it also has its own best Messiah---? 

Maybe there's something lacking in humans' souls that is best taken care of by attitudes that result from what JC advocated.

I'm just wonderring.....

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 4:34pm

Hawkeye:

I doubt the people from the cases Don speaks about are telling lies. There must be a good reason they had such experiences. I don't know much about Islam because I haven't read the Koran. I don't know what the words of Mohammed say. I remember reading that his words are responsible for the getting rewarded with 72 virgin thing some Islamic men get influenced by as they become suicide bombers.

Does anybody know if the words of Mohammed also play a role in the suppression of women?  It is believed that he had thirteen wives. Did he state that it is okay for women to have thirteen husbands?

Perhaps Islamic people were caused to have NDEs that include Jesus, because it was believed they would benefit more by reading the words in the Gospels that are attributed to Jesus, rather than words that make it okay to do some of the negative things Islamic people "sometimes" do.

There are some fundamentalist Christians who would also benefit if they concentrated on the words attributed to Jesus. Jesus never said anything that was oppresive towards woman. He never said anything that was homophobic. He said to love your neighbor as yourself. To not be judgmental. To show your enemies your other cheek, rather than go and try to kill them in mass, as many fundamentalists who have joined the U.S. military are apparently trying to do.

I've had spiritual experiences which showed me that the spirit of Jesus is able to provide spiritual support to people who ask for it.  If Mohammed is responsible for some of the words that influence "some" Islamic people to act in a negative way, would it be appropriate for his spirit to act as a light being who helps this World?

I've also had experiences and received messages which stated that Jesus had divine authority while in the World and continues to have it today. I also received a couple of messages which stated that so do other people and spirits. It is a matter of qualification.  If a person or spirit lives according to love and divine wisdom, he, she or it (it?, sorry) are qualified to represent divine truth.

Consider the light beings people meet during NDEs. Don seems to believe that such beings are always Jesus, even if a person doesn't recognize this. My feeling is that Jesus would have no problem with other light beings meeting people during NDEs, as long as they live according to the same love and wisdom he lives according to. If each of us can't come to the point where we live according to the same love and wisdom Jesus lives according to, what are we striving for?

hawkeye wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 3:36pm:
Don, A quick question for you, or anyone who would like to address it. I am most likely confused but it seams like you feel it important that a number of Muslims have converted to Christianity. Why is that? Why is it important that they switch over to a Christian God? I feel empathy for them. That would be the same as Christians changing over to Islam. Hindus to Existentialism. Or, or ,or.... To lose belief in your God. How devastating that must be for some. Its not like one is any better that the other, now is it? The final platou is the same for many when searching for the truth when seeking afterlife knowledge. Searching an understanding with your own God.
Joe  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #23 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 4:42pm

Betson:

The Book of Isaiah was written somewhere around 600 to 800 B.C. It spoke of a fallen king of Babylonia, a physical person. About a ""THOUSAND YEARS"" later fallen angel language was added, and this supposed fallen angel was given the name of Lucifer. I've noticed that different new age sources speak of Lucifer in differing ways.  Perhaps this is because these sources haven't got a clue as to the history of Lucifer. Perhaps this says something about the credibility of these sources. This doesn't mean that such sources don't have anything to say. It depends upon how a particular source represents itself. If a source claims to come from a being who really knows what's going on, somebody might ask this source how it got the Lucifer thing so wrong.

betson wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 4:30pm:
Greetings,

I'm wonderring that since the Earth has its own Lucifer angel, maybe it also has its own best Messiah---?  

Maybe there's something lacking in humans' souls that is best taken care of by attitudes that result from what JC advocated.

I'm just wonderring.....

Bets

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #24 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:01pm

Angry  Uh-oh

I did wonder how I could be agreeing with Don.  Grin
..... Just kidding, Don.

How about all the other stories about fallen archangels?  Can I just substitute Beelzebub or some other name, and stay with my reasoning ?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #25 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:33pm

Betson:

The only part of the Bible other than the book of Isaiah which speaks of something akin to a fallen angel is the book of Revelations, when it speaks of a seven headed dragon that fell from heaven, swept its tail, and took a third of angels with it.

The language in the Book of Revelations is highly symbolic. It is a letter from John (not John the Baptist) to the Christians of the day that were having a lot of problems with Romans. The seven heads probably refer to seven hills in Rome. 

-Even if an angel who was created by God and abided in the glory of heaven could fall, would this angel be allowed to sweep its tail and take a third of angels with it?

-Even if it did, wouldn't these swept angels on their own volition return to heaven?

-Wouldn't any angel be wise enough to know that God is infinite in nature and that there is no way a limited angel, no matter how large it is, could take on the infinitude of God?

Some people might say free will would enable an angel to fall, but having a free will doesn't mean you have to act in the most stupid manner possible.  I figure humans turn away from God and love, because there are various negative influences this World includes, including our self defense instinct. The same instinct that causes a neighborhood dog to bark at everybody who passes by. What negative influences would an angel be exposed to?

Some people claim that jealousy of God would prompt an angel to fall. Jealousy of what? Power? Power is something beings crave when they become concerned about how to find things such as security, happiness, peace and love. Would an angel who abides in heaven have a problem finding such things? Would an angel who knows about oneness be competive with others.

Going by my experiences divine love feels so wonderful and humbling, there is no way an angel who is exposed to divine love would want to fall.

If angels can fall, then what would prevent any spirit who makes its way to heaven from falling? Isn't abidance in heaven supposed to be an eternal reality?

When it comes to the boogie men/spirits of the World, perhaps it is best to consider the spirits of humans who lived their lives in a negative way, and perhaps alien beings who are unfriendly for whatever reason, rather than a fallen angel.

I believe the odds are very high that new age sources which speak of fallen angels,  got the idea from an inaccurate understanding of the history behind fallen angel talk within the Bible.  Some sources adhere to the concept that this World is a big mistake, not the result of divine will, and blame it's creation on Lucifer, even though a being named Lucifer didn't intially exist within the Bible, and even though Lucifer isn't spoken of as creator of this World, after the name "Lucifer" was added.  I suppose such sources get away with such misinformation because many people, even though they've heard of the name Lucifer, don't know the history behind the name.

betson wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:01pm:
Angry  Uh-oh

I did wonder how I could be agreeing with Don.  Grin
..... Just kidding, Don.

How about all the other stories about fallen archangels?  Can I just substitute Beelzebub or some other name, and stay with my reasoning ?

Bets

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #26 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:38pm

Be assured that I don't think that anybody that Don mentioned are telling lies. Nor do I feel that way about Don. My confusion stems around the religious zealots that think that their religion is somehow better than the other. Are the 100 million muslims wrong for believing what they believe? (give or take a few million here and there) Are the Jews wrong? I think that the people mentioned having NDE's with Jesus in them are being shown that by closing their minds to other possibilities, that is harmful. Not that Jesus and Christianity is the best or only way in finding God. I also think that there are a number of so called Christians that could learn a lession or two from the Koran or any of the other gospel or religious books and differant beliefs. Is there a religion that doesn't demand you follow it like a zombie? One that allows free will? One that doesn't use fear to hold some power over you? One that is not based on collecting money, intimidation of the weak and needy, or accomplices in child molestation. There must be one out there. I don't think that Don's religious beliefs is wrong nor do I  think that somebody else's is wrong just because may differ from his personal beliefs. Or your, or mine. There is no wrong God in the afterlife. Only misguilded directions in finding that, which is God.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #27 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 6:24pm

Hawkeye:

If we lived in an Islamic country, we probably wouldn't get away with having a conversation like this.

Have you ever read the words of Mohammed? As I stated earlier, I haven't. Perhaps if each of us did so we would find that the words attributed to Jesus are more positive than the words attributed to Mohammed.

It is also a matter of which former person exists as a light being who can help people. Going by a number of messages and experiences I've had, Jesus is a light being who can help people. I haven't received any messages or had any experiences that involved Mohammed. It seems like the NDEs Don spoke of go along with some of the things I found out.

I believe it is possible that this World will evolve beyond the need of dogmatic belief systems.  Perhaps it is unrealistic to hope that such an evolution will occur in one big swoop.  It will need to take place in increments. Some belief systems are more dogmatic than other belief systems. This isn't a prejudicial statement. It is a statement of fact. Therefore, isn't it possible that some people will need to be brought along in stages, rather big leaps?

There is also the factor of how a person who was really into some form of fundamentalism, just might not be open to having an NDE that is too far to the other extreme. Therefore, they are presented with a light being who actually exists, and also has a historical connection to what they believe.  If they had an NDE with Mohammed, they might have a hard time disassociating him from ways of thinking such as the 72 virgin thing.

There is also the factor of who Islamic people who have NDEs communicate with. If they try to tell other Islamic people about an experience with no historical connection to what other Islamic people believe,  these other people might not listen to them. If they speak of a being other Islamic people know about, Jesus, the people they speak to will be more accepting of what they have to say. They might go from believing in a man who told people if you go out and kill people you'll be rewarded with 72 virgins, to a man who tells people to love your neighbor as yourself, including people you consider to be enemies. Kill vs. Love. Quite a difference. Perhaps we should have more faith with how the light helps people have NDEs. Perhaps they know what they are doing.

I believe it is unfair to equate Jesus with the fundamentalists who have misrepresented him in various ways.

hawkeye wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:38pm:
Be assured that I don't think that anybody that Don mentioned are telling lies. Nor do I feel that way about Don. My confusion stems around the religious zealots that think that their religion is somehow better than the other. Are the 100 million muslims wrong for believing what they believe? (give or take a few million here and there) Are the Jews wrong? I think that the people mentioned having NDE's with Jesus in them are being shown that by closing their minds to other possibilities, that is harmful. Not that Jesus and Christianity is the best or only way in finding God. I also think that there are a number of so called Christians that could learn a lession or two from the Koran or any of the other gospel or religious books and differant beliefs. Is there a religion that doesn't demand you follow it like a zombie? One that allows free will? One that doesn't use fear to hold some power over you? One that is not based on collecting money, intimidation of the weak and needy, or accomplices in child molestation. There must be one out there. I don't think that Don's religious beliefs is wrong nor do I  think that somebody else's is wrong just because may differ from his personal beliefs. Or your, or mine. There is no wrong God in the afterlife. Only misguilded directions in finding that, which is God.  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #28 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 6:52pm

No Recoverer, I haven't read the Koran. Was it written by Mohammad? Highly unlikely I would think. Just about as likely as the Bible being penned by Jesus. Most likely , as with the Bible, it was written and then rewritten a number of time to suite whoever controlled the religion at the time.
I am happy that these people have found what they did in the light apparition. Whether that was the Holy Spirit, Jesus, or an angel. Its more important that something good came from  from who or where it came from. If it opened their hearts to love then does it matter who's religion it represented or what deity that they saw?
And the other thing Recoverer, your right about living in an Islamic country. We may have already been marked for death just for using his name.  Shocked
(I love Don's post because they make me think. Thanks Don)

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #29 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 7:10pm

Hawkeye:

Even if Mohammed was misrepresented by the Koran, a lot of people would be inclined to believe that the Koran does represent him, so they might believe it is divine will to go kill people and that they'll be rewarded with 72 virgins.  The below article talks about how domestic violence is sanctioned by the Koran with his words and example.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/020060.php  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.