Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Problems I have with heaven such as endless bliss (Read 10104 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Problems I have with heaven such as endless bliss
Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:22am

Greetings some problems I perceive in an eternal heaven of endless bliss

All the time in the existence and not a moment to call your own

No pain and no gain

No point to the day and nothing different tomorrow

An eternity of gratitude and nothing to live for

Never having to say you’d rather be somewhere else

All you will ever know again

Pointless and endless

It is never over no matter have had how many fat have ladies sung

An offer you can’t refuse

The endless futility at the end of your pointless life

The meaningless reason for your existence

An eternal karaoke in which you never choose the songs

The playground of those devoid of imagination

The place the pious go

Full of all those people you were delighted to think you would never see again

Obligatory, interminable and insufferable

Of course there are the possible alternatives of hell or cessation of existence

I could add many more but lets leave it at that

What do you guys think?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Problems I have with heaven such as endless bliss
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 10:25am

Dear Alan,

What do I think?  Cheesy
I think you are a rascal to bait us with such a description !

What you have described is a vacation resort, appropriate for rest and relaxation --we are not condemned to stay there forever!
Life/consciousness will always find more to learn, new challenges and adventures! That's what got us here to Earth, for example.

Even here on Earth, it is mainly because of electricity that we do not give ourselves more rest and relaxation--r & r are a natural part of life. Lions and lambs know when to rest and when to run with it. Humans just push another button or switch and bombard themselves with more demands!

I expect that even the most weary of us will rest up and move on after enjoying some time in 'heaven.'  Cheesy

Bets  Wink

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 11:47am

Thanks, but no thanks Alan. I think I will go to my heaven instead of yours.
Joe

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 12:46pm

OK Bets and Hawkey  Tongue  Wink  Cool

Yes tongue in cheek from a naughty boy, but we who believe and know there is an afterlife might come across such questions and if we answer them now, we will be fully armed when they come

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 1:13pm

Alan:

This is something I've really wondered about. What do we do for all of eternity?  I don't believe bliss is enough, because that might be like experiencing an eternal heroin injection (I've never tried heroin). Such a state might feel good, but it deprives other parts of our being.

How about love and peace? Would love and peace ever become boring? Going by what I've learned, it's all about getting to the point where we live completely according to love.

I used to have meditations where I would experience bliss and then click out for a while. A couple of times after doing this I received messages from my guidance which seemed to state that love is the goal, not a formless bliss state.

I don't tend to click into a bliss state when I meditate now. Instead I feel love, peace and a sense of being connected to something larger than myself.

During my night in heaven experience I experienced a level of happiness that was really wonderful, and the feeling was that things work out quite wonderfully. Therefore, we won't have to worry about things such as, "Is this all there is?"

Consider the possibility that one activity might be looking at beautiful landscapes. I've found that if I'm in a bad state of mind it doesn't matter what I look at. The same is true if I'm in a good state of mind. HOWEVER, if I'm in a good state of mind I'm free to enjoy a beautiful landscape, while in a negative state of mind I'm not. Perhaps this is a clue. When we obtain a high level of being where we feel inwardly complete it isn't a matter having to look outwards for fulfillment, it is a matter of being free to enjoy what we create in our glorious state of oneness, without ever getting trapped in what we create, as we do when we learn how to create.

Also consider what Robert Monroe found out about LOOSH (written about in "Far Journeys"). If you go by the Inspec's version of LOOSH, rather than BB's version, there is a realm where a lot of LOOSH in the form of PUL exists (Hey, love has to be created some way!).  Once you get to the point where you can live according to love, you naturally are attracted to the realm where love LOOSH abounds. This LOOSH causes your energy to also vibrate as love.

Is the LOOSH viewpoint true? Once I asked where love comes from. I was shown a page number but not told which book. I thought a bit about what book to look at, and I thought of Far Journeys. I looked at Far Journeys, and the page number I was shown was the exact same page where Robert Monroe speaks about how high quality LOOSH is created.

I don't mean to suggest that God didn't know how to create love before we got around to doing so, but as parts of God, perhaps LOOSH production is one of the ways in which we join in with the production of love.

I figure love consists of two basic components. One, understanding how to live according to love, the value of doing so; and two, how the energy of love feels.

Have you ever noticed how negative ways of thinking result in negative feeling emotions such as hate, anger and fear; while positive ways of thinking are "rewarded" with positive feelings such as love and peace? Perhaps this is intentional. A part of the divine plan. If you seek a positive way of thinking, you are rewarded accordingly.  
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:11pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:37pm

Alan

This "heaven" you speak of sounds like a very limiting place.  Good thing it won't be a part of my reality!

The nature of our reality entails the evolution of our consciousness and the exploration and experiencing of the infinite depths of our inner selves. 

I believe that we progress after the physical, we explore other levels of reality, our consciousness evolves, our perception of our greater reality expands, and we become more and more involved with realities, activities, and events which are simply inexpressible in physical terms. 

This evolution of self runs parallel to the evolution of our love.

I dont believe love is a thing to be produced or created, but rather a state of being innate to our inner self which is experienced to a greater degree as we learn to live more according to our true selves. 

In other words, love is the natural state of our highest self, and as our consciousness evolves and we become more and more of our true selves, so our experience of love increases as well.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 11:47am

Hi,

I agree with you all that such a heaven is both boring and limiting, -- from the human viewpoint.

But what if the soul's evolution continues, and we become angels, then rising through the divine order of angels (help me out here, Alan) until we become Lucifers -- in charge of a world we have created by our past journeys and explorations ! ?
Would we alter our journey in any way if that were the case ?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 9:35pm

Well Bets, I guess it would be just another stage on our journey. Becoming Lucifer, reminds me of Monroe's view that when our Oversoul is complete again, it winks out, maybe to create a new system based on the gathered experiences.

When I try to imagine the ultimate heaven, then it must be something where everything, sort of, stops, and/or where "I" and "not I" aren't separated anymore (maybe that's the ultimate consequence of love); otherwise, it wouldn't be ultimate, and I would still be on a journey, asking myself about the goal of it all, looking on my spirit-watch saying "Phew, how long will this ever go on..." .

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #8 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 1:24am

It just occured to me that maybe heaven really is as mortifyingly boring as a lot of folks make it sound...no risks, no danger, no "Am I going to live through this?" rush...

Would explain why people reincarnate after so many say "When I get to heaven I'm never going to leave!  There's only so much peace and quiet a person can take...

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #9 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 4:00am

Cricket

Your thinking implies not only that this is the only physical universe we can experience (when in reality I believe there are an infinite amount), but that there is no progression beyond our immediate afterlife dimensions. 

I believe the reality is that we do what we want to do after this earth experience, whether it is to experience this earth again, experience another physical reailty, or experience a totally different system of experience altogether, depending on what we desire most.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:57am

Your thinking implies not only that this is the only physical universe we can experience

Um, no, actually I'm thinking exactly the opposite - or rather, that that has no relevance at all...if we re-enter the physical, by definition we'll be re"incarnate".  Doesn't have to be here.

Nor am I quiet getting your second paragraph - since the subject was "endless bliss".  I don't believe there is such a thing (I hope not, anyway), but *if* those who argued such were right, (the whole harps and floating about on clouds sort of thing), *then* that would be an excellent reason to get the heck out of Dodge and reincarnate somewhere as something.  I personally don't think we get stuck in an "endless bliss" sort of dead end, but given that that was the question...  Huh

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 12:22pm

Revoverer an others

Quote:
During my night in heaven experience I experienced a level of happiness that was really wonderful, and the feeling was that things work out quite wonderfully. Therefore, we won't have to worry about things such as, "Is this all there is?"

The view I started this thread is not my own but that presented by cynical skeptics

The bliss we briefly experience in altered stated are still relative to the physical plane. In the infinite realms of the afterlife there is no limit on anything, but God controls the duration of such soul ecstasies just like he does our earthly ones

You say you felt connected with a larger reality and indeed this reality is infinite  in depth of wisdom. There challenges in heaven never ever cease as we continue to learn, love and grow forever

God is too wise to burden us with endless bliss endless bliss would just morph into endless pain if we were allowed to remain in that state.
It is not about endless bliss but endless growth and learning so that we can become co creators with the Divine Mind.

Even create our own worlds and universe, why not

The greatest state of awareness and happiness in the physical realm is less than the least in what we refer to as heaven.

I have been there and know this
Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #12 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 3:28pm

Sorry Cricket.  It seemed as if you were hopping on the "stagnant heaven bandwagon."

The RE in reincarnate signifies doing the same thing over again, in this case incarnating into the same physical system.  I just wanted to point out that this is NOT the only option.  Pretty clear cut.  

My point is that the stagnant heaven scenario is false, and my second statement is what I believe to be the truth.

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 9:49pm

I don't agree that re-incarnate means to incarnate again into the same physical system.  "RE" does imply do somthing again - but in this case it modifies the root "incarnate", which has no more specific meaning than to become physical.  Here, there, as a misty cloud on Nigel IV, or whatever, if you become physical there, you have repeated the act of becoming physical, or *re* incarnated.

I was rather amused, once after being roped into going to an Alpha weekend (evangelical Christian thing - very weird) that this seriously fundy minister started talking about how if we got very spiritually advanced, after we went to heaven and met God, that we might end up sent off  (sort of like missionaries, apparently), presumably in a suitable body, to carry "the word" to beings on another planet!

I'm guessing his church superiors might have been a bit bemused to hear *that*!  Wink

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #14 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 11:16pm

Sure, but you cannot reincarnate into a system you did not incarnate into before.  The initial incarnation into any one system would simply be an incarnation, there is no re- about it because there have been no previous ones yet, it is a brand new experience.  Anyway, lets forget the technicalities, they are besides the point.  The point is that most people do not even consider incarnations into systems besides this one, and this should not be overlooked.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.