Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is it like to die by Dr Atwater (Read 4030 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
What is it like to die by Dr Atwater
Sep 10th, 2008 at 9:22am

Greeting forum

Although copyrighted, Dr. Atwater gives permission for this material to be copied – as long as proper credits are given, the books it comes from and her website are mentioned.  Thank you for your courtesy.  PMH

http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/

The following material was excerpted from two of P. M. H. Atwater's books – "Beyond the Light:  The Mysteries and Revelations of Near-Death Experiences" (Avon Books, New York City, 1994), and "We Live Forever:  The Real Truth about Death" (A.R.E. Press, Virginia Beach, VA, 2004).  It is based on first-person commentaries from over 3,000 adult experiencers of near-death states.  To learn more about the near-death research of P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D. access www.cinemind.com/atwater.

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DIE
         Any pain to be suffered comes first.  Instinctively you fight to live.
         That is automatic.
         It is inconceivable to the conscious mind that any other reality could possibly exist beside the earth-world of matter bounded by time and space.  We are used to it.  We have been trained since birth to live and thrive in it.  We know ourselves to be ourselves by the external stimuli we receive.  Life tells us who we are and we accept its telling.  That, too, is automatic, and to be expected.
         Your body goes limp.  Your heart stops.  No more air flows in or out.
         You lose sight, feeling, and movement – although the ability to hear goes last.  Identity ceases.  The "you" that you once were becomes only a memory.
         There is no pain at the moment of death.
         Only peaceful silence. . . calm. . . quiet.
         But you still exist.
         It is easy not to breathe.  In fact, it is easier, more comfortable, and infinitely more natural not to breathe than to breathe.  The biggest surprise for most people in dying is to realize that dying does not end life. 

Whether darkness or light comes next, or some kind of event, be it positive, negative, or somewhere in-between, expected or unexpected, the biggest surprise of all is to realize you are still you.  You can still think, you can still remember, you can still see, hear, move, reason, wonder, feel, question, and tell jokes – if you wish.

You are still alive, very much alive.  Actually, you're more alive after death than at any time since you were last born.  Only the way of all this is different; different because you no longer wear a dense body to filter and amplify the various sensations you had once regarded as the only valid indicators of what constitutes life.  You had always been taught one has to wear a body to live.
         If you expect to die when you die you will be disappointed.

The only thing dying does is help you release, slough off, and discard the "jacket" you once wore (more commonly referred to as a body).
         When you die you lose your body.
         That's all there is to it.
         Nothing else is lost.

You are not your body.  It is just something you wear for a while, because living in the earth-plane is infinitely more meaningful and more involved if you are encased in its trappings and subject to its rules.

WHAT DEATH IS
         There is a step-up of energy at the moment of death, an increase in speed as if you are suddenly vibrating faster than before.

Using radio as an analogy, this speed-up is comparable to having lived all your life at a certain radio frequency when all of a sudden someone or something comes along and flips the dial.  That flip shifts you to another, higher wavelength. The original frequency where you once existed is still there.  It did not change. Everything is still just the same as it was.  Only you changed, only you speeded up to allow entry into the next radio frequency on the dial.

As is true with all radios and radio stations, there can be bleed-overs or distortions of transmission signals due to interference patterns.  These can allow or force frequencies to coexist or commingle for indefinite periods of time.  Normally, most shifts up the dial are fast and efficient; but, occasionally, one can run into interference, perhaps from a strong emotion, a sense of duty, or a need to fulfill a vow, or keep a promise.

This interference could allow coexistence of frequencies for a few seconds, days, or even years (perhaps explaining hauntings); but, sooner or later, eventually, every given vibrational frequency will seek out or be nudged to where it belongs.

You fit your particular spot on the dial by your speed of vibration.  You cannot coexist forever where you do not belong.
         Who can say how many spots there are on the dial or how many frequencies there are to inhabit.  No one knows.
         You shift frequencies in dying.  You switch over to life on another wave-length.  You are still a spot on the dial but you move up or down a notch or two.
         You don't die when you die.  You shift your consciousness and speed of vibration.
         That's all death is. . . a shift.

"What does the forum think, physical  death is the door way to the afterlife, like it or not"?

"Note I was very careful not to infringe on any copy right"

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: What is it like to die by Dr Atwater
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:32am

Greetings,

It's always interesting to hear non-physical truths put into metaphors that involve the physical, such as radio dials.  Smiley

I think we are very fortunate to have experiences outside our bodies before physical death, as when we change from astral to etheric, etc. Then we have the vibrations she speaks of and have 'set the dial' at different frequencies.

Dr. Atwater seems to be saying she doesn't believe in stuck souls, the basis of retrieving. She is giving such an overview that it is hard to tell if she thinks being stuck for decades or centuries is OK since they will get out when they change their outlook.
I choose to think that being stuck can feel like being lost and that PUL is therefore needed.

Interesting!  Thanks, Alan!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 12:39pm

Going by what I read of Atwater, she does believe that some spirits get stuck according to what they believe.

I believe it is hard to get a complete and accurate understanding of how things work by NDEs alone. Perhaps spirits maintain a more complete connection to their body during an NDE, than they do during actual death.  Perhaps during actual death, as opposed to seeing your body after you leave it, you move on to another way of experiencing things, similar to how you move into a dream without seeing yourself exist your body first.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 5:56pm

I think this sounds pretty accurate, Alan, and it leaves out a lot of specific details people bring back from their own experiences, simplifying the description. People may not like the "vibration" language, but it still makes sense to a certain degree.

Whether or not retrievals are needed, and I am not the one to make the definitive case for that, doesn't seem to be at issue, really. How much actual "harm" could a human helper do, anyway?

We all agree that love is a good thing, no matter who, how, where or when.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 7:22pm

Guys,

This was just a first glance at Dr. Atwater. work I will come back with the interesting link where I got this info. ASAP

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 9:26pm

Quote Alan/Atwater:
"It is easy not to breathe.  In fact, it is easier, more comfortable, and infinitely more natural not to breathe than to breathe."

Sometimes this happens to me in meditation, I'd just think "Hey, it would be a good idea to breath again" and I take a big breath as I haven't done so for quite a while.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 1:29pm

I watched the youtube video, interesting stuff, especially how children go all crazy about church and religion, while adults tend to shy away from religion after a near-death experience. The most compelling notion was how someone could remember hearing words and seeing things from inside the womb, and later tell their parents what was being said, what had happened. Thanks for ze link!

One more season.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 6:28am

Death is the greatest crises we will ever face and definitely not like the nice Hollywood version where one closes their eyes goes peacefully to sleep and passes over. I have been around the block a few times and seen many die, it is always a struggle.

Death is an unpleasant reality we will all have to ultimately face

Somerset Maugham said on his death bed, "death is a miserable affair and I would advise anyone to have nothing to do with it"

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 3:24am

Look at this thread of mine also?

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.