Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
books (Read 29084 times)
Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
books
Apr 15th, 2007 at 11:40am

Everyone on this site has read quite a few books on retrevials, astral projection, lucid dreaming etc. I'm curious what everyones favorite book is? Whats the 1 book that you read that really made a difference in your advancement?

My favorite book is the one im almost finished reading now Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce the book is packed with good info and has alot of different technique variations for people to experiment with.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: books
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 8:14pm

My first book about this matter was Raymond A. Moody's "Life After Death", it made NDEs known to a wider audience.

The most recent book I finished was the one you mentioned Kroan, "Astral Dynamics". Yes it has many good tips, NEW is good, to look if you are REALLY bodily relaxed is good as well, the trance state chapter etc...
What would be interesting though is a comparison of OBE and the phasing-type of thing where you're still aware of your body. I guess Robert Bruce would put the latter in his category of "astral sight".
Also, once I found me body-asleep-mind-awake in my bed after a dream, and I felt, I knew, someone came in my room, laying down on my bed behind me and melted with my body, causing a fresh cool breeze feeling within me. I never had a really good explanation for this until I read Robert Bruces theory about OBEs, that the different bodies are to some degree independent.
Some of his theories though, I don't know, they must not necessarily be true, there are other possible explanations, it's his way to get his rich experiences in a system.

What really got me on the train, so to speak, were Monroe's and Bruce Moen's books.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2007 at 9:18pm

Ive never read anything from Monroe Or Bruce what do you recomend Spooky?

Also regarding Astral sight what I really found intresting was the section on realtime sight, being able to see into the real time zone while in the physical, being able to switch back and forth from the real time zone to regular sight. I found that facinating and i've been experimenting with this lately as well

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 8:56pm

Hi Kroan,
I recommend all books of Monroe and Bruce Moen, it would be really worthwile to read them in their proper timely succession, first Monroes, then Moens.

Robert Bruce: Yes, realtime sight... the advantage of RS to OoBE would be less trouble with memorizing it, and less fear, disadvantage perhaps less impressing, less "real".

I'll check out the methods RB tells of. One seems for certain, it's not easy. But I really wonder if you can't get similar results by choosing the "phasing" way of TMI and Bruce Moen, and then gradually try to get more "inside" it. Robert Bruces, so to say, very "bodily" approach could be just a chosen belief- or translation- system. This are questions which are worth a research I find.

Spooky

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 4:29am

Spooky what books should I buy from Monroe and Mohen and in what order do you recomend?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2007 at 6:39pm

Hi Kroan,

the chronologic order is:

R.A. Monroe
-Journeys out of the body
-Far journeys
-Ultimate Journey

Bruce Moen
-Voyages into the unknown
-Voyage beyond doubt
-Voyages into the afterlife
-Voyage to curiosity's father
-Afterlife knowledge guidebook

That's quite a lot to read; as you have just read a book with many "how to" hints, you might take Bruce Moens latest book at first, "Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook", it's also a "how to" book, not especially for mastering OBEs, but rather for the softer "phasing" method, where you stay partially here in C1, but your main focus is, well, otherwhere. This state is easier to achieve (for most people) than OBEs. Although, Bruce's method can be helpful for having OBEs as well.

Spooky

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 3:50am

Thanks Spooky right now I'd like to concentrate on obe's I want to get so proficient at it that I will eventually be able to have an obe at will. Right now i've been having problems lately falling asleep.  Well i'm off to attempt an obe I'll order the books tomorrow Wink  thanks man

IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 1:20pm

Kroan - I agree with Spooky about reading the books chronologically.  The exception is Bruce's Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook.  For the rest of the books, both Monroe's and Bruce's explain their experiences.  It's more helpful if you've read the first book before the next one, etc.  If your primary interest is OBE, then try Monroe's first book.  It was his Journeys Out of Body that led to everything else.

Rob

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2007 at 6:53pm

In Oobe Experience English Lit 101, Monroe's first book is a classic and you can't read anything that comes after without reading that.

How can you not read all of Monroe and Moen?????

Don't forget the freebies; here's one:

http://www.earthlypursuits.com/LtrLDMan/LDMintro.htm

There's more; did you check the links page above?

IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2007 at 3:36pm

Thanks Rob and Lucy I just ordered the 1st book yesterday and i'm about to check out that freebee link you just posted Smiley

The hardest thing for me to overcome is falling asleep while doing my obe work. I used not have a problem with this but lately it seems that everytime I close my eyes within 15 mins im out cold.  Im gona have to try to set up some quiet times in the morning/ afternoon where I can do  my obe's when i'm not so tired. Everyone says not to attempt obe's in your bed but sometimes the only quiet time you can find is when you are about to goto sleep.  To date i've only had 1 fully conscious obe where I first heard the high pitch ringing in my head, then saw flashes of light and then the shwoosh pop and Whoooahh im out omg check this out, wait i cant move, this seems scary, i tried to turn my head and whamm I was back in my body. Thats only happened once for me. I've had 2 other experiences where I had obes that were achieved through the dream state where I woke up in my dream and started flying arouynd etc  but that wasnt really an obe i mean I cant tell for sure if it was an obe or a dream since they started as a dream.   Anyway i'm somewhat obsessed with duplicating my 1st experience and learning how to attain full control while im out!

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2007 at 12:17pm

Hi Kroan, one time I was in your situation. I decided laying prone I was too relaxed. So I sat up in a chair at a time of day when I was not physically tired.
you'll need to time yourself. give yourself five to 20 minutes to sit still upright.

if it doesn't work, just say I'll try again tomorrow, and the next day..etc.
you have to actually get to the place where you don't care one way or the other what happens...love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 10:46pm

Thanks Alyssia,  Yea thats the thing, if you keep trying and trying eventually it will happen. I am SOOO thankful for my 1 experience because it has created all my intrest in this subject. If I never had my 1 experience I know I would have given up by now, I would have thought that everything I read was a bunch of nonsense.  Thank god for my 1 experience Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 3:33am

yea, I thank god for all of the one times. it works that after you have control just one time to get out of body, or whatever, the achievement can relax you even more about what you're doing. some of the stress goes away.
so technically, it should be easier a 2nd and 3rd time, but the thing is each experience tends to follow a different pattern after awhile. its like everything that happens after that first conscious controlled exit, is brand new, different than the first time, but just as interesting, just that everyone has their individual variances, so it's hard to say, do this, or try that, as we are all so unique in our approaches.

well, let us know! surely as you say, be persistent!  Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 9:29am

Hi Alysia. I am puzzling over, what is the relationship between "phasing" and OBE? In phasing, we travel with the mind and really, there is ONLY mind, or is that right, do you think? Everything is created by Mind, right? Including the physical and Second Body and other bodies. When we pass over, at first we keep our general physical appearance and shape, only younger I hear, and eventually transform into our real shape, which is pure light. So if we have an OBE, it must be our mind creating our second body for us to travel in...but it can travel perfectly well without any body at all...so um, I get really tangled up in this...do you have any insights? Thanks! Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 10:12pm

Hi Vee,
quote: "I am puzzling over, what is the relationship between "phasing" and OBE?"
 I guess you're not the only one who is puzzled about that. Both terms don't have an exact meaning, in the sense everybody is using them in the same way. "Phasing" here comes I guess from Monroe, meaning just to focus away from one area into the other, for example from the physical to one of the focus levels. So, in this broad meaning, OBEs are a special way of phasing. On the other hand, not every phasing is an OBE, in the case you are in your physical body, but as well focused on something what "isn't there", for example a retrieval or the house of your dreams you want to have one day.
 When Bruce (Moen) says, he don't do OBEing, then I understand that he feels not that way separated from his body, not feel like outside his physical body, in another body, as it was in my own -that's why I call it- OBEs.

Well it's just words, but they are important for sharing experiences.

Spooky

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.