Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
On Communication (Read 9486 times)
ryuuko

Belleville, IL
On Communication
Mar 9th, 2007 at 7:31pm

I've just finished reading Bruce's first book, and have started on the second. There are a few things I'm unsure of though, in particular this:

Bruce mentions communicating with the deceased in several instances where it seems to me that the person in question would not speak English. The retrievals in India, the retrieval of the woman in 1400s France (he used the word "chateau" to describe the house, so I assumed it was in France), and a few retrievals mentioned in the archives of this site (one of a Roman slave comes to mind) all seem to be situations where non-English languages or at least very old, nearly-intelligible forms of English would be used by the deceased persons in question. Given this barrier, how was Bruce/the retriever able to communicate with the person being retrieved and convince him/her to leave their current location?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that language needn't be a problem in these situations, but I can't understand how. Can anyone explain this to me?

ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: On Communication
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2007 at 10:30pm

Hi Ryuuko,
I'm a German, and have read Bruce's books in English language, as well I was at TMI and there of course too it was in English, as well as this board is. Now, the funny thing is, when I'm meditating/phasing, I think and communicate mostly in English.
Further, when I'm "out there" it is more a communication with thoughts, meaning visuals, terms, concepts all together in a package. It's not really a package, but it feels like there are first these informations, and then I do my best to translate it into words. I had never language problems in my "mind-journeys". This seems to be only the matter in so called "real time" explorations, when you watch a sort of extended version of the physical, but still near the physical, and this is not necessarily a problem in case of meeting someone who has left the physical and is attached to a looking-like physical thought-form environment.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

ryuuko

Belleville, IL
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 2:31am

Thanks, spooky. Whenever Bruce was quoting his conversations, I took it to mean that he remembered everything exactly as it was "said," but now that I look back on it, it is far more likely that he was paraphrasing, in a manner of speaking, the images he received.

By the way, I've been studying German for nearly four years now, and plan to make it my major once I start college.  Smiley

ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 7:38pm

Hi Ryuuko,
yes I remember Bruce wrote about how he and the participants of his courses perceive, and gave some words to describe it: "Sense", "Imp" (to get an impression), "Feel".

Quote:
"By the way, I've been studying German for nearly four years now, and plan to make it my major once I start college."
Das freut mich zu hören! Viel Spaß und Erfolg!
I guess German is a bit more complicated to learn than English, is it?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

ryuuko

Belleville, IL
Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 10:03pm

It's definitely had its tough moments. Tongue However, it helps that English is a German-based language, and shares many words/phrases/sentence structure rules with German. We've been studying reflexive verbs as of late, and it's been infuriating trying to remember what preposition goes with which infinitive form (e.g. sich erinnern an, sich interessieren für, etc).  Shocked

ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 2:31pm

Yes, prepositions are always tough - that's because they are never logical in any language but derive their sense from common usage.  Hi Ryuuko.  Welcome to the Board.

On language and other states of consciousness, my experience is that I will get a mental impression (a feeling) and that point of feeling will turn into a sentence.  Essentially we're experiencing a communication within our (and others) consciousness and it's beyond language.  Our conscious physical minds somehow translate the impression into a form we can remember and understand better.  I suspect two people could get the same mental impression (thought form, sense, imp, feel to use Spooky's terms) and it could come out in two different languages. 

I've worked with deaf people a lot and they tell me that in their dreams, people talk as much as use sign language.  When you question them, the talking is some form of mental but not language or sign language based communication.  Instead they just know what is being communicated.  That's always fascinated me.

Rob

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Mar 16th, 2007 at 11:23am

We are so used to understanding everything in terms of the physical world rules and physical world sensations.  But we need to remember that quite a lot of how we experience the physical world is through nonphysical perception.  The process of "translating" everything into physical world thinking, physical world terminology, physical world concepts, etc is a process that happens so fast that we don't even notice it happening.  Therefore, it is easy to not even be aware of the steps that take place in that process, essentially not even realizing there was any translation to begin with. 

Perception comes into our awareness first on a subconscious level and then to the conscious level.  Whether it is in the physical waking world or in the nonphysical world, information gets processed and translated before it comes into our conscious awareness. 

During nonphysical exploration, contact, and communication the entire process of perception and translation is much faster than it is in the physical world.  Sometimes it is so fast that the translation you experience during a conversation is really only a feeling and not your normal experience of words that you'd have during a regular physical world conversation. 

So, when it comes to a foriegn language and why it is not a problem, that is because when we experience a foriegn language in the physical we hear it with our physical ears and our brain hears foreign words.  But in nonphysical perception we are using different senses for perception and processing, and in the translation process that information comes into our awareness in terms that we can understand to the best of our ability according to who we are, what kind of belief system we have, what past experience we have, etc.  Essentially, you can only know and experience anything to the best of your own ability.  Otherwise, it would be out of range of your perception.  What you are capable of experiencing has to be within the realm of your own personal frame of reference, so to speak. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 11:24am

Excellent description Vicky.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 11:15pm

ditto Vicky, well said! everything you said is precisely my experience. thanks Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.