Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does somebody know...? (Read 10927 times)
mzb10zar

Love, peace and gratitude

US
Does somebody know...?
Dec 6th, 2006 at 1:50am

Does somebody know if Bruce's books are in Spanish also? My mom is very interested in reading his material. I have talked to her about this website and Bruce first book and second( which I am reading right now). The only problem is, she leaves in Sudamerica and she does not speak or read English. For that reason I would love to send her the first and second book(in Spanish). We talk often over the phone about our things; but always, between our conversations, we talk about this website and what I am learning from Bruce book. My mom believes there is an afterlife. She told me she used to go out of her body when she was a little girl without having any knowledge of other states of counciousness. When she became an adult she understood by reading some material, about the fact that we have an afterlife.
Well, my point is if Bruce books are not in Spanish, I will try to make some notes and send them to her (also one of my sister is interested) Thanks to everyone.
Love and gratitude

Marcela, the explorer.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Does somebody know...?
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 2:38am

Greetings, Marcela,
Good question. I don't know the answer though, so I sent it to the publisher.  They will get back to either you through your PMs here (Personal Messages) or through me and I'll post the answer here.

We'd all like to see Bruce's books get more exposure so I hoe we get a good answer!

Best wishes,
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 2:44pm

Hi again, Marcela and others,

Unfortunately, Bob Freidman of Hampton Roads Publishing
says that they do not have plans yet to translate Bruce's
books into Spanish.
I don't know if writing to the publisher with more information
would help.  When Bruce gets back from Poland we could
talk to him about it.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 8:27pm

I just looked at amazon, no German issue too... most Germans can understand English (at least a bit), but unfortunately most Germans are too lazy to read English books. Monroes are translated into German. Would be interesting to find out if Monroes books in German were a success for the publishers; if they are, probably also Moens books could be successful in German translation (about 100 million German talkers in Europe). But that's only my speculation, don't know much about book-publishing-business.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

mzb10zar

US
Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 8:48pm

Thank you so much Betson for the information. I have to talk to mom and tell her she needs to wait for the Spanish version a little longer. In the mind time, I have to explain her ( in Spanish) the best I can about the focus levels, the retrievals, etc.
I really don't want to do it, because I would like for her to read from Bruce's books and get her own experience. But, I can keep her interested until the Spanish version comes out. She loves the fact that there is people on Bruce website where you can talk freely about such controversial issue as the afterlife. I wish it could be an Spanish website where she could share her early experiences(OBE) and not be judged by other people who do not have the enlightment to see that there are other states of consciousness. As I said before in other posts I feel blessed to have found this site and most of all people like you who listens and understand me. I do not post to much but I am always here, reading what other members have to say and their experiences.
Thanks, love and gratitude! Smiley

Marcela, the explorer.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 12:45am

until the Spanish comes out, the computers on the market now are able to translate into any preference language you desire, insofar what is here on the internet and Bruce may have an E-book. a friend of mine has the computer read to her! technology is really taking off...

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

mzb10zar

US
Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 4:18am

Hi Alysia, yes I know there is a way to make a computer translate English to almost any language. But, this is the situation; you have to pay a company to translate your pages. There are sites for free, but their translation is horrible! I work in a construction company and the other day I needed to write a memo in Spanish using constructions terms and tool names I have never heard before( even in my own language) Oh my Gosh, first of all the sentences from English to Spanish were awkward and the name of the tools and construction terminologies did not change. I was in deep…Thanks God I have my thesaurus with me.
What I going to do is just little by a little explain to mom what Bruce have experienced and how reading this book had helped me to understand certain things I was confused with.
Alysia , thank you anyway for answer me back. Hey! How is your book going? Did I mention before that the cover of your book is beautiful? I think I did, but I say it again is beautiful!!!
Love and Gratitude
Marcela

Marcela, the explorer.

IP Logged

1essence

Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 5:34pm

go to babelfish.com free translation site.. works great

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #8 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 5:49pm

let us know Marcela if Babelfish works..maybe spirit wants you to translate for your mother and this way might be better for her?

never thought about it but new words are born sometimes huh? would be a problem in any language.

thank you for inquiring of the book. I am already thinking of the next book! I am not dead yet, a good sign!! Smiley I am pleased with the cover too, my daughter helped alot. she always surprises me what she can do, and what she knows about me.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
My books in other languages
Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 4:46pm

To Those Interested,

The way my books typically become available in languages other than English is that a publisher in, for example Poland, takes an interest in publishing my books in Polish.  That publisher buys the rights from Hampton Roads to publish the book, typically from 1200 to 2000 USD for those rights for a period of about 4 years.  The publisher then has the book translated and prints and sells the Polish language version.

In order for my books to be published in Spanish, German, French, etc. a publisher in one of those countries has to become aware of my books and feel the audience is large enough to make it financially feasible.  I would have thought that something like Spanish would have been the first other language for my books, but it turned out to be Polish.  

In Denmark none of the existing publishers was interested and so a private party decided to self publish my first book for me in Danish.

So, if you would liike to see my books published in another language the first step is to find a publisher who might be interested in selling them.  You might consider something like a little letter writing campaign to such a publisher as a way to try to get it started.

Thanks,

Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.